Announcement

Collapse

Ecclesiology 201 Guidelines

Discussion on matters of general mainstream Christian churches. What are the differences between Catholics and protestants? How has the charismatic movement affected the church? Are Southern baptists different from fundamentalist baptists? It is also for discussions about the nature of the church.

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and theists. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions. Additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Toured a Catholic school today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    No, he doesn't need any flame retardant undies from Rogue Tech.

And yes, that does explain why your ad campaign to sell FRU's to Orthodox folks failed so miserably.
    But purchased an entire gross

Anywho... looks like we'll need a new advertising campaign pronto.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by T-Shirt Ninja View Post
      There are schools like that in my area as well. I'm definitely not considering them. The YEC thing would be an issue for me. Also, I'm pretty sure they would try as hard as they could to convert my son to their religion by telling him that he'd be going to hell for being Orthodox.
      Both catholic and protestant private schools typically have education as their first mission. After all, they need to have people paying tuition to keep the lights on. I imagine that, for all but the most conservative fundamentalist schools, your kid will get more crap from other kids than they will from staff. Shoot, the teachers my school has hired out of catholic schools are either nominally catholic, or not-at-all.

As for the Asperger's issue you mentioned earlier, the school won't have to follow state law with respect to special education. They have to follow more general civil rights law, but the specific protections afforded by SpED law are not binding on private schools operated solely through private funding. If you think your kid has any special needs, then I would urge you to weigh the cost of annual tuition vs. the cost of rent in the better neighborhood. That said, apartment kids in upscale schools take a lot of hell.

fwiw,
      guacamole
      Last edited by guacamole; 04-27-2017, 09:41 PM.
      "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
      Hear my cry, hear my shout,
      Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        But purchased an entire gross

Anywho... looks like we'll need a new advertising campaign pronto.
        Does not buy from Rogue Tech (or buy Rogue Tech products from others) on general principle.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Does not buy from Rogue Tech (or buy Rogue Tech products from others) on general principle.
          I appreciate your testimonial as the entrepreneur/mad scientist/owner of roguetech about your loyalty to roguetech and not the cheap knock offs from shady and shoddy sources like Rogue Tech and Acme.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

so aren't you worried the Catholics will try to convert him away for Eastern Orthodox?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              so aren't you worried the Catholics will try to convert him away for Eastern Orthodox?
              It is a concern. From what I've read, Catholic schools tend to be less pushy and more respectful of boundaries. The school that I visited is about 40% non-Catholic students. So there's a sizable amount of kids that my son would be grouped with. If it were to happen, I would definitely remove him from the school.
              "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
              -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X