Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

*** Congratulations Democrats ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look out Dems and Pubs, Sparko is trying to take over the world!

Ahoy, matey: Pirate Party seeks candidates to run for office

BOSTON (AP) -- The Pirate Party is looking for a few good candidates for elected office - eye patches and parrots not required.

Still on the fringes of the political spectrum in the U.S. and most other places, the movement that claims chapters in nearly 70 countries has registered a handful of successes, including in Iceland where the party won several seats in parliamentary elections last fall.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...04-28-14-40-49
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Two words: Second Amendment
      Whether we have guns or not is a social issue, sure, but it isn't a moral issue.
      It is telling that we won on a commerce issue.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
        Whether we have guns or not is a social issue, sure, but it isn't a moral issue.
        But you asked for a social issue! I gave you one - a very important one for most conservatives. I mean right at the top of the list.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

But you asked for a social issue! I gave you one - a very important one for most conservatives. I mean right at the top of the list.
          Yes, I grant you that would be an example of a social issue.
          I cannot wait to drag that one up to Saint Peter.

Peter: "I see that according to your record you did next to nothing for the Kingdom."

Seer: "That isn't true. I labored along with millions of other Christians to be the salt of the world on very important social issues."

Peter: "Excellent. I'm pleased that abortion, gay marriage, and the secularization of schools and the like were all successfully battled while you were on earth."

Seer: "Oh no, not that petty stuff. We managed to fight the BIG FIGHT and win."

Peter: "What was that?"

Seer: "We defended the right to shoot and kill another human being... you know, like if you caught some poor guy taking your stuff you could plug 'em"
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Peter: "I see that according to your record you did next to nothing for the Kingdom."

Seer: "That isn't true. I labored along with millions of other Christians to be the salt of the world on very important social issues."

Peter: "Excellent. I'm pleased that abortion, gay marriage, and the secularization of schools and the like were all successfully battled while you were on earth."

Seer: "Oh no, not that petty stuff. We managed to fight the BIG FIGHT and win."

Peter: "What was that?"

Seer: "We defended the right to shoot and kill another human being... you know, like if you caught some poor guy taking your stuff you could plug 'em"
            The estrogen leaking out of this post almost had me set up an appointment for gender reassignment surgery.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Gerbil, stop being an idiot. You asked about what was important to conservatives - not what was important to Christians. The two are not always the same. Now if you asked about Christians I would say the Hobby Lobby case.

Comment

Gerbil, stop being an idiot.
                I wish it was that easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                  The estrogen leaking out of this post almost had me set up an appointment for gender reassignment surgery.
                  For you that would be outpatient surgery.

Comment

I wish it was that easy.
                    No worries, we love you just as you are...

Comment

I want to be the first to offer a warm congratulations to the Democrats on their upcoming sweep of both the house and the senate.

As you are well aware the current administration was put into office against ridiculous odds. Not only was the DNC and the MSM fighting the Trump campaign but so was the RNC. Add to the mix the utterly ridiculous things Trump has said from time to time and there is no way a gambling man would have put odds on him getting elected. The odds of winning under those conditions are extraordinary.

Trump won despite the establishment, despite the oligarchy, precisely because he accidently hit upon the issue of illegal immigration. It is the sort of thing a President should be talking about because it is the job of the Federal Government to manage the borders. He was elected on the promise of building a wall, which in practice would probably accomplish nothing, but symbolically would mean quite a bit to those of us who believe our President should put our country first. Imagine that.

We aren't even 100 days in and Trump is running away from promises - or forced away - by traitors like Paul Ryan, John McCain, and other members of a party that still hasn't figured out why he won. We're going to head into the mid-term elections with Trump having accomplished nothing and we'll soon be celebrating a huge establishment win for those who want to sell out to globalists, open our borders, and thwart the rule of law.

Clearly the voice of the people is utterly meaningless to Washington.
                      You'd of thought sending Trump, against all odds, would have signaled something.

If this keeps up the Democrats are going to win big and they'll hold the major offices in the land for quite some time.

Why?

Because I've been talking to Republican voters who will never vote again if Trump doesn't build the wall.
                      One party selling out our country is as good as another.
                      I will honestly celebrate huge Democrat victories at the mid-terms because I hate two faced Republican traitors more than Democrats.

Pick up the bottles of Dom Perignon now, my Democrat friends, because you've got a couple of excellent years ahead of you.
                      Hate to inform you MG, but the House and Senate members aren't put into office in order to represent the President, they are elected in order to represent their constituents. The people, not their reps, not the MSM, but the people, are the reason for Trumps failure to pass anything in his first 100 days. Trump is a narcisistic con man, and he conned a lot of naive people, people he couldn't care any less about now that he thinks that he no longer needs them. But he just learned something about democracy, he does still need them, and when his health care bill has the support of only 17%, he ain't gonna get it passed. Trumps problem is that he is a bit of a heartless idiot! and his only real concern is empowering and enriching himself and his plutocratic friends. Beyond that, I think you are going to find in the end, that he is also treasoness.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Hate to inform you MG, but the House and Senate members aren't put into office in order to represent the President, they are elected in order to represent their constituents.
                        I'd be interested in an example of the House or the Senate representing the constituents.
                        The majority of people in this country were against abortion, we got abortion.
                        The majority of people in this country were against gay marriage, we got gay marriage.
                        The majority of people in this country were against Obama care, we got Obama care.
                        The majority of people in this country are against illegal immigration but it will continue anyways.

I'm not suggesting that the majority makes an issue correct nor am I arguing for or against any one of those topics.
                        I'm just illustrating that the House and the Senate are most certainly NOT about representing the people.

They are no less the arrogant, narcissistic, self-serving windbags than is Trump.
                        For many of them I think a good case could be built that they're treasonous and should be hanged.

If any of that distresses you, don't be upset.
                        The Democrats are being set up for some really big wins precisely because the Republicans are tone deaf to the will of people.
                        You are within 24 months of having a really good day.

Comment

I'd be interested in an example of the House or the Senate representing the constituents.
                          The majority of people in this country were against gay marriage, we got gay marriage.
                          In those two examples you can blame the courts not Congress.

Whenever Congress wants to ignore the will of the people they claim it is their job to lead not follow.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The reason that Trump couldn't pass his atrocious and immoral healthcare bill is because republican reps could see which way the political winds were blowing in their own districts and they wanted to be re-elected in 2018.

Abortion is a legal matter adjudicated by the court, not the congress. The majority of people might want to burn witches, so should we be able to burn witches?

Again, a legal matter.
                            The majority of people in this country were against Obama care, we got Obama care.The majority of people in this country are against illegal immigration but it will continue anyways.
                            How could the majority of people have been against Obamacare before Obamacare existed? They weren't.
                            I'm not suggesting that the majority makes an issue correct nor am I arguing for or against any one of those topics.
                            I'm just illustrating that the House and the Senate are most certainly NOT about representing the people.
                            Yes they are representing the wishes of their constituents, not that they necessarily want to, or that they always do, but when their constituents make it clear to them that they had better either do their will or risk losing their job, then they will more often than not, do their will, and thats why Trump and the republicans were unable to pass their immoral corporate backed healthcare bill.
                            They are no less the arrogant, narcissistic, self-serving windbags than is Trump.
                            For many of them I think a good case could be built that they're treasonous and should be hanged.
                            For most of the republican party nowadays I would agree with you, those are adjectives that basically define the republican agenda.
                            If any of that distresses you, don't be upset.
                            Not distressed. Republicans have all 3 branches of government now, and now people can see how they govern. Thats a good thing, not that they are in power, but that people can see them for who they really are!

The Democrats are being set up for some really big wins precisely because the Republicans are tone deaf to the will of people.
                            You are within 24 months of having a really good day.
                            You're right, republicans are basically tone deaf to the will of the people, but only when they think that the people aren't paying attention. Unfortunately for them, their constituents, at least enough of them, are paying closer attention to them now that they have the power.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              In those two examples you can blame the courts not Congress.
                              Whenever Congress wants to ignore the will of the people they claim it is their job to lead not follow.
                              Congress can reign in the courts.
                              They don't because the courts are ruling they way they want the courts to rule.

I blame Congress for letting the courts get away with illegal behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Nonsense
                                You took the clear meaning of my post and turned it into partisan trash.
                                We're done until you get honest.

Comment