Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

*** Congratulations Democrats ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** Congratulations Democrats ***

I want to be the first to offer a warm congratulations to the Democrats on their upcoming sweep of both the house and the senate.

As you are well aware the current administration was put into office against ridiculous odds. Not only was the DNC and the MSM fighting the Trump campaign but so was the RNC. Add to the mix the utterly ridiculous things Trump has said from time to time and there is no way a gambling man would have put odds on him getting elected. The odds of winning under those conditions are extraordinary.

Trump won despite the establishment, despite the oligarchy, precisely because he accidently hit upon the issue of illegal immigration. It is the sort of thing a President should be talking about because it is the job of the Federal Government to manage the borders. He was elected on the promise of building a wall, which in practice would probably accomplish nothing, but symbolically would mean quite a bit to those of us who believe our President should put our country first. Imagine that.

We aren't even 100 days in and Trump is running away from promises - or forced away - by traitors like Paul Ryan, John McCain, and other members of a party that still hasn't figured out why he won. We're going to head into the mid-term elections with Trump having accomplished nothing and we'll soon be celebrating a huge establishment win for those who want to sell out to globalists, open our borders, and thwart the rule of law.

Clearly the voice of the people is utterly meaningless to Washington.
    You'd of thought sending Trump, against all odds, would have signaled something.

If this keeps up the Democrats are going to win big and they'll hold the major offices in the land for quite some time.

Why?

Because I've been talking to Republican voters who will never vote again if Trump doesn't build the wall.
    One party selling out our country is as good as another.
    I will honestly celebrate huge Democrat victories at the mid-terms because I hate two faced Republican traitors more than Democrats.

Pick up the bottles of Dom Perignon now, my Democrat friends, because you've got a couple of excellent years ahead of you.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

I'm never entirely sure when you're being sarcastic and when you're being serious.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

dowwager.gif
      "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
      Hear my cry, hear my shout,
      Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I'm never entirely sure when you're being sarcastic and when you're being serious.
        With MH there isn't always a distinct difference.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I believe that the Republican party is very busy ensuring a nice mid-term election for the Democrats.

One of the major points that got Trump elected was the repeal of Obama Care. Did Paul Ryan deign to have anything ready for Trump? Nope. I guess the 7 years of complaining about Obama care and all of the repeal votes that passed before Trump was elected were nothing but smoke and mirrors. Paul Ryan can posture, but he's delivered nothing. Add to that mix empty suits like John McCain, who doesn't have the decency to protect his own state from illegal immigration, and you can fill out the rest of your ticket with dozens of other traitors in the Republican party. None of these guys care that hundreds of children die on our border every year. None of them want to repeal Obama care because they want jobs in Washington after they retire.

Our President can go to war to protect South Korea's border but cannot get funds to build a wall on our border?
          Really?

So I say Congratulations to the Democrats because as we've seen so far the Republicans got nothing as they're nothing but big, bumbling, bags of hot air.

If Paul Ryan thinks Republicans will turn out to vote his stupid bum into office he's got a hard lesson ahead.
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

As much as conservative voters hate establishment do-nothing Republicans, I think they hate Democrats even more, so I doubt they'll sit idly by and let Democrats take control of Congress.

Comment

As much as conservative voters hate establishment do-nothing Republicans, I think they hate Democrats even more, so I doubt they'll sit idly by and let Democrats take control of Congress.
              Given that the republicans are no different than democrats when it comes to health care, immigration, and the rule of law there is no substantive difference to pick one over the other.
              You might argue judge appointment but judges do whatever they want regardless of the law.

I spoke with one Republican voter today who has pledged to never vote again if the wall isn't built.
              If we're going to give up the nation she doesn't really care which party does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                Given that the republicans are no different than democrats when it comes to health care, immigration, and the rule of law there is no substantive difference to pick one over the other.
                You might argue judge appointment but judges do whatever they want regardless of the law.

I spoke with one Republican voter today who has pledged to never vote again if the wall isn't built.
                If we're going to give up the nation she doesn't really care which party does it.
                Good grief man, give Trump a chance, it has only been 100 days. Look, illegal immigration is already way down, he is going after criminal illegals tooth and nail. If there is not significant progress a year from now then I would worry - this is not that time.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Trump told me to tell you to expect a visit from the Re-Education Police soon, Gerbz.

tumblr_m3muwdRBxn1qmao0jo1_500.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Good grief man, give Trump a chance, it has only been 100 days. Look, illegal immigration is already way down, he is going after criminal illegals tooth and nail. If there is not significant progress a year from now then I would worry - this is not that time.
                    Ya. Not a fan of trump personally, but the 100 days nonsense is mostly just that. 100 days. There are years left in this presidency. He'll probably build the wall; the Mexicans just aren't going to pay for it.

fwiw,
                    g-man
                    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                    Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Trump told me to tell you to expect a visit from the Re-Education Police soon, Gerbz.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22090[/ATTACH]
                      Oh great, another cave in by the Republicans.
                      Free education for everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                        Ya. Not a fan of trump personally, but the 100 days nonsense is mostly just that. 100 days. There are years left in this presidency. He'll probably build the wall; the Mexicans just aren't going to pay for it.

fwiw,
                        g-man
                        Yeah, Reagan got most of his big initiatives passed well after his first hundred days in office, but IIRC Trump made some grandiose claims about what he would accomplish during his first hundred days.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                          Oh great, another cave in by the Republicans.
                          Free education for everyone!
                          Oh, it's not free. You'll definitely pay for it and pay dearly smiley rub hands.gif

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            Good grief man, give Trump a chance, it has only been 100 days.
                            Indeed. It seems a bit silly to try and pin Trump's entire presidential legacy on his first 3-months in office.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Yeah, Reagan got most of his big initiatives passed well after his first hundred days in office, but IIRC Trump made some grandiose claims about what he would accomplish during his first hundred days.
                              I don't think he anticipated the extreme resistance he would face. I think a lot of people, including Trump, assumed that at least the Republicans would fall in line behind the new president and get down to business, but that hasn't happened. In fact, by all appearances, congressional Republicans have deliberately sabotaged several of Trump's key initiatives.

Comment