Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Job 1 - Job Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job 1 - Job Hunt

I have got to have a real job - that's all there is to it. I define real job as 'pays the bills and lets you make progress'.

So, working on the list of potential employers now. I have hoped to send out the first letters this week but I'll be lucky if I have enough gas to make it to work through Wednesday, so it will be Friday at the earliest.

I want to work in Christian education - we as the church have far too long treated education like an after thought.

Anyway, need serious prayer - I have got to have a real job and soon. I want a real career while I'm at it.

And a decent keyboard - I hate typing on a laptop!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Prayed.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I hope it all goes well. God help you my freind.
          sigpic

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Thank you, everyone.

I suppose I should go back to school and get a degree - but I don't want to teach how to teach - I want to ACTUALLY teach.

More than that, we have a lot of big empty buildings and small empty spirits - this is wrong. We are at the Master's table and somehow managing to go hungry. How are you supposed to have a personal relationship with a God Who's letters you refuse to read? Reading books about books about the Book is just plain insane. We have the most people with educations in history - who manage to know less than their ancestors.

Not that education will solve all the Church's woes - we have a LOT more than that to deal with. But it's a good starting place. I'm tired of lectionary based devotionals being passed off as Sunday School lessons and people who spent 40 years in Bible Studies but don't know Scripture. In generations past a good education BEGAN on the foundation of Scripture - and for all our 'scientific' hoopla, modern education can't compare in terms of raw knowledge. Today too many people know the ToE but can't tell you who Apollo was or what Milton means when he refers to the dragon. No idea what 90% of Shakespeare's metaphors mean - can't tell you what Omaha Beach was or why it matters and only have some vague notion that the US Constitution has something to do with law, maybe.

And they can't really tell you what the ToE is, either.

As Christians, we need to KNOW our Bible - not memorize a few verses and consider ourselves conversant. And we need to know more than that - how to reason, why literature matters, who the heck Paul was and why almost every nation on Earth tried to kill each other not once but twice.

And THEN, when we are mature in faith and have something in our heads besides the Kardassians, go make the world a better place and make disciples of all the nations.

Okay, off soap box now...
                Last edited by Teallaura; 04-30-2017, 07:12 PM.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

Blessing to you, may the Lord make a way...
                    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Thank you, Lee!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Second batch of letters go out tomorrow. That means I'm really doing this.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

And done.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

15 new letters of inquiry mailed today.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment