Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 113

Thread: God a Trinity.

  1. #1
    tWebber 37818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So. California
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,185
    Amen (Given)
    815
    Amen (Received)
    443

    God a Trinity.

    Uncaused Existence - YHWH - God the Father - Exodus 3:14, 15; Proverbs 21:30; Deuteronomy 6:4; 1 Corinthians 8:6; Ephesians 4:6; Acts 17:28.

    Uncaused Cause - YHWH - the Logos - the Son of God - Genesis 1:1; Isaiah 45:18; John 1:1-3, 10; Colossians 1:16-18; Ephesians 3:9; Hebrews 1:2.

    Uncaused Essence - YHWH - The Holy Spirit - Isaiah 61:1;John 4:24; John 14:16; John 16:7-11,13-14; ; 1 Corinthians 12:3; Romans 8:9.
    Last edited by 37818; 04-29-2017 at 07:14 PM.
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

    . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

  2. #2
    tWebber Starlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,184
    Amen (Given)
    2647
    Amen (Received)
    1597
    Making up pseudo-philosophical religious gibberish... I call that "theologizing".

  3. Amen Roy amen'd this post.
  4. #3
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,102
    Amen (Given)
    1294
    Amen (Received)
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    Uncaused Existence - YHWH - God the Father - Exodus 3:14, 15; Proverbs 21:30; Deuteronomy 6:4; 1 Corinthians 8:6; Ephesians 4:6; Acts 17:28.

    Uncaused Cause - YHWH - the Logos - the Son of God - Genesis 1:1; Isaiah 45:18; John 1:1-3, 10; Colossians 1:16-18; Ephesians 3:9; Hebrews 1:2.

    Uncaused Essence - YHWH - The Holy Spirit - Isaiah 61:1;John 4:24; John 14:16; John 16:7-11,13-14; ; 1 Corinthians 12:3; Romans 8:9.
    The Old Testament references absolutely do not refer to the Son of God nor the Holy Spirit. This represents total later interpretation to justify the Roman Theology of Tritheism.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  5. #4
    tWebber 37818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So. California
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,185
    Amen (Given)
    815
    Amen (Received)
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Making up pseudo-philosophical religious gibberish... I call that "theologizing".
    God's identity is the uncaused Existence. God's Hebrew Name has the meaning in the third person "who Is" or "self Existent." There is only One YHWH not three. God is infinite and omnipresent. But walking in the garden is being finite and temporal BTW (Genesis 3:8).

    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    The Old Testament references absolutely do not refer to the Son of God nor the Holy Spirit. This represents total later interpretation to justify the Roman Theology of Tritheism.
    And it is not tritheism. Saying it is does not make it so. There is only One YHWH.

    Proverbs 30:4,
    Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what [is] his name, and what [is] his son's name, if thou canst tell?
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

    . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

  6. #5
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,102
    Amen (Given)
    1294
    Amen (Received)
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    God's identity is the uncaused Existence. God's Hebrew Name has the meaning in the third person "who Is" or "self Existent." There is only One YHWH not three. God is infinite and omnipresent. But walking in the garden is being finite and temporal BTW (Genesis 3:8).

    And it is not tritheism. Saying it is does not make it so. There is only One YHWH.

    Proverbs 30:4,
    Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what [is] his name, and what [is] his son's name, if thou canst tell?
    Claiming it is Monotheism does not reflect the reality of the Hellenist/Roman Trinity which is Tritheism.

    Again . . .

    The Old Testament references absolutely do not refer to the Son of God nor the Holy Spirit. This represents total later interpretation to justify the Roman Theology of Tritheism.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  7. #6
    tWebber Chrawnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,333
    Amen (Given)
    4802
    Amen (Received)
    3058
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    The Old Testament references absolutely do not refer to the Son of God nor the Holy Spirit. This represents total later interpretation to justify the Roman Theology of Tritheism.
    No it doesn't. It represents a later interpretation to justify the New Testament theology of Jesus and the Holy Spirit as distinct Persons within the triune Godhood.

  8. #7
    tWebber 37818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So. California
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,185
    Amen (Given)
    815
    Amen (Received)
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Claiming it is Monotheism does not reflect the reality of the Hellenist/Roman Trinity which is Tritheism.

    Again . . .

    The Old Testament references absolutely do not refer to the Son of God nor the Holy Spirit. This represents total later interpretation to justify the Roman Theology of Tritheism.
    You can believe that if you want to. That is not what I or other Christians believe. Claiming what is not believed is what is being believed when it is not, is not honest.

    As for the OT. God is YHWH and does not have parts. And is also taught in the NT.
    Deuteronomy 6:4,
    Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD: . . .

    Mark 12:29,
    . . . Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: . . .
    Last edited by 37818; 04-29-2017 at 10:27 PM.
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

    . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

  9. #8
    tWebber Tassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney/Phuket
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,826
    Amen (Given)
    2310
    Amen (Received)
    1622
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    No it doesn't. It represents a later interpretation to justify the New Testament theology of Jesus and the Holy Spirit as distinct Persons within the triune Godhood.
    Or, more accurately, "it represents a later rationalisation to justify the incoherent New Testament dogma of Jesus and the Holy Spirit as distinct Persons within the triune Godhood".
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

  10. #9
    tWebber Chrawnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,333
    Amen (Given)
    4802
    Amen (Received)
    3058
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Or, more accurately, "it represents a later rationalisation to justify the incoherent New Testament dogma of Jesus and the Holy Spirit as distinct Persons within the triune Godhood".
    There's a big difference between incoherence and incomprehensibility. I'll readily admit that the Trinity is incomprehensible. No one has yet to show that's it's incoherent, though.

  11. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
  12. #10
    tWebber 37818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So. California
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,185
    Amen (Given)
    815
    Amen (Received)
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Or, more accurately, "it represents a later rationalisation to justify the incoherent New Testament dogma of Jesus and the Holy Spirit as distinct Persons within the triune Godhood".
    The Trinity is the explanation. God is the Father (1 Corinthians 8:6; Ephesians 4:6).The Son of God is another Person who fully and solely represents God (John 1:18; John 14:6; John 12:41; Isaiah 6:5). God is invisible (Colossians 1:15-18).
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

    . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •