Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Men: Coffee can save your life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
    Check the "Marriages and progeny" section on the Murad IV wikipedia page.

I suppose bisexual would have been a more apt description.
    The man was a loon but got one thing right

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm going to guess it was Jed's wife. BTW I am a caffienated coffeeholic.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
        I'm going to guess it was Jed's wife. BTW I am a caffienated coffeeholic.
        No. I was going to leave it along, but since Cath is accusing Mrs. Jed:

In those days I was part of the coffee coop at work. There were many of us involved originally. After a couple of office reorganizations our coffee coop ended up being composed of two of us. Rather than pay per cup we just alternated buying a can of coffee when the supply ran low. Suddenly I began to get these terrible headaches, and I don't often get headaches. Well the upshot is that one day I went to make the coffee and discovered that my partner had purchased decaf coffee. I gave up coffee for a long time after that. Now I limit my intake and if I miss a day of coffee I do not get those headaches.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          I drink two mugs per day. How does that add up? Will I live or do I get to have more coffee?

I limit myself because years ago I got addicted and suffered for 2 or 3 weeks with bad headaches when I got switched to decaf without my knowledge.
          well since this was a study done on Italians, and they usually drink those teeny espresso cups, I think one American cup is equivalent to about 4 of those, so you should be good to go.

Although, thinking about it, this might just be a fake study made up by Italian men so they can drink their coffee without those Italian wives getting all up in their business.

Comment

My gastroenterologist (who I think is Italian by the way) had told me to drink more coffee because it was good for me. This was way before this study came out. About 3 years ago.

Comment

Idon'tneedcaffiene!Idon'tlikecoffeanyways!Icanbehy perwithoutanycoffee!

Translation: I don't need caffiene. I don't like coffee anyways. I can be hyper with out any coffee.
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                Idon'tneedcaffiene!Idon'tlikecoffeanyways!Icanbehy perwithoutanycoffee!

Translation: I don't need caffiene. I don't like coffee anyways. I can be hyper with out any coffee.
                Well you ain't a man so coffee won't do you any good, nohow.

Comment

From the article:

They found that the caffeinated coffee extracts reduced the proliferation of cancer cells - that is, the ability to grow and divide - and decreased their ability to metastasize, or spread. These effects were almost non-existent with decaffeinated coffee extracts.

Welp, doesn't apply to me then. I can't have caffeine because of a heart condition.
                  "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                  -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X