Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

The best problem I've ever had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best problem I've ever had

I've posted elsewhere on here about my gut problem. If you don't know what it is, content yourself with the knowledge that I've had it for a long time and it's extremely unpleasant.

Well, an update: something's been getting better lately. Want to know how I know? I currently weigh over 200 pounds for the first time ever.

For about 8 years previously, I weighed between 175 and 185--always. My weight might as well have been a physical constant. Which sounds great, right? I mean, who wouldn't love to have the problem that they can't gain weight? Believe me when I say that you don't want my problem.

So I can gain weight now. I was sitting in my room a few weeks ago with my shirt off, and I looked down and said, "What in the heck is this?!" I had flab--flab!--this was unprecedented.

My gut problem isn't totally gone; I still occasionally have bad bouts, but it's definitely better. Now I have to watch what I eat, not just because it'll bloat me and make me miserable, but because my weight isn't constant anymore. Rejoice!
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

That happened to me as well.
    I'm working towards getting back down to 190.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Y'all probably have no idea how grateful I am to be getting a little bit on the fat side. It's wonderful.

Comment

I hate you.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          I hate you.

You are blessed, not to have my gut problem. Truly, you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            You are blessed, not to have my gut problem. Truly, you are.

Probably.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

When I was sick I had lost down to 150. I wish I could have stayed there, but now that I am healthy my weight has climbed back to 200. I need to lose about 50 and can't seem to do it no matter what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  When I was sick I had lost down to 150. I wish I could have stayed there, but now that I am healthy my weight has climbed back to 200. I need to lose about 50 and can't seem to do it no matter what I do.
                  That might be medicine related Sparky. If your liver is healthy and you're on anti rejection drugs, eating well and our HA1C is at a good number, then exercise, a healthy diet, is the best you can do. Be proud of yourself and thankful to God like we are for your life. We are thankful to have you around.
                  A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

inject T and lift
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      inject T and lift
                      I wish I could. I can't take any supplements not approved by my doctor. Hoping it was something like Low-T I had it tested. Normal levels. But I do need to lift weights. I think if I could build up some muscle mass, that would increase my metabolism since muscle burns more calories even when not being used. I just have no gyms near me (none that I can afford)

Comment

I wish I could. I can't take any supplements not approved by my doctor. Hoping it was something like Low-T I had it tested. Normal levels. But I do need to lift weights. I think if I could build up some muscle mass, that would increase my metabolism since muscle burns more calories even when not being used. I just have no gyms near me (none that I can afford)
                        I hate gyms. So I got my hands on a couple bars and some plates and just lift in my basement. I recently got a friend to come to my place and lift with me a few times a week, so that's even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          I hate gyms. So I got my hands on a couple bars and some plates and just lift in my basement. I recently got a friend to come to my place and lift with me a few times a week, so that's even better.
                          Bars and plates?

I can do that!

922983-A-delicious-chocolate-candy-bar-on-a-plate--Stock-Photo.jpg

Comment

Weight plates are expensive (at least 1$ a pound, AFAIK), so I was keeping an eye on craigslist while looking. One day I saw that somebody had posted 2 45's, 2 35's, and 2 25's for free. I headed to the address, knowing that they'd be gone...but they weren't!

I felt like a thief when I picked them up off the curb. One of my better craigslist finds.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X