Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Muhammad mentioned by name in the Song of Songs?

Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bibleuser View Post
    We can as I totally reject the false and pagan Trinity teaching.
    Yes God is as you say.
    As he is MOST JUST so he holds people responsible for their actions.
    So Justice beholds him to withhold his some goodness from people who reject him, true he lets the sun and rain feed all, but the false worshiper is rejected by him, he cannot mix true and false together, because he Loves Truth.
    B U
    Bibleuser,

You do not understand. Yes, you think the Trinity explanation is pagan. The Trinity explanation affirms that God is only one God (Mark 12:29; 1 Timothy 2:5). The Qur'an (4:171 & 5:116) teaches against tritheism. (Yes, Islam at large uses this against the concept of the Trinity). Which neither you nor Islam understands.
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by siam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    Yes, there are other covenants. The two called the Old Covenant, the covenant give to the nation of Israel through Moses, and the New Covenant which was to supersede it (Jeremiah 31:31-34). It being the Covenant which God keeps for His peoples. In which those who enter into it, the New Covenant, God fully forgives His peoples sins (Jeremiah 31:34; Hebrews 10:17). But one must enter into it. (John 3:3; Mark 10:15; 1 John 5:1, 9-13; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4).

thanks

would not mind more elaboration if anyone wants to add more info
    In the Hebrew Bible there is a prophecy found in Jeremiah 31:31-34 where God promised the people of Israel that He would replace the Covenant He gave them with a New Covenant, ". . . Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. . . ."

Note this, ". . . for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. . . ." A full and complete forgiveness. Christianity makes the claim to be this New Covenant. In the Hebrew Scripture, Isaiah 53:6, ". . . All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. . . ."

Christians believe Jesus to be that one, ". . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures. . . ." (1 Corinthians 15:3-4.)

In one account, Jesus said to a Jewish leader named Nicodemus, ". . . Except a man be born over, he cannot see the kingdom of God. . . ." (John 3:3.)

And this birth what God gives to those who believe God that He did this (1 John 5:1, 4, 9-11). [John is the name of the gospel account, 1 John is the name of a letter.]

Is there some part of this that you like me to further explain?
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

tWebber
    Faith
    Muslim
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    In the Hebrew Bible there is a prophecy found in Jeremiah 31:31-34 where God promised the people of Israel that He would replace the Covenant He gave them with a New Covenant, ". . . Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. . . ."

Note this, ". . . for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. . . ." A full and complete forgiveness. Christianity makes the claim to be this New Covenant. In the Hebrew Scripture, Isaiah 53:6, ". . . All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. . . ."

Christians believe Jesus to be that one, ". . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures. . . ." (1 Corinthians 15:3-4.)

In one account, Jesus said to a Jewish leader named Nicodemus, ". . . Except a man be born over, he cannot see the kingdom of God. . . ." (John 3:3.)

And this birth what God gives to those who believe God that He did this (1 John 5:1, 4, 9-11). [John is the name of the gospel account, 1 John is the name of a letter.]

Is there some part of this that you like me to further explain?
    You did a good job with your first explanation...I was just curious so asked for more info....
    I looked up this site:-
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covenant_(biblical)

According to the wiki article, one method that a covenant/treaty can come into effect/agreed is by a sacrifice? If so, the crucifixion/sacrifice can be interpreted as a method of bringing this "new covenant" into effect? So why is there original sin then?....under the above outline....there would be no need to re-interpret the story of Adam (pbuh) as that of original sin?

Also---the bolded part (Jeremiah) says that the law will be written in the hearts so there will no longer be any need to teach---Yet Christians actively "teach" (proselytize)...is this a breach of contract?

and...if the terms of the contract are in the OT, and made with the Jews, why do Christians not refer to themselves as Jews and instead refer to themselves as "Christian"? That is, according to the contract---the (Jewish) law is written on the hearts and obviously Jesus (pbuh) was a Jew...so, in theory, those to whom the contract applies---should be Jews?

considering these questions.....perhaps the "new covenant" theme is not as important in Christianity?....that is why there is an alternative theme of original sin--sacrifice---resurrection?

The Quran says it was sent to the Arabs (...and not the Chinese for example....) because of the Abrahamic covenant which promised Abraham(pbuh) that his decedents would be guided...I suppose that would mean that for Muslims the terms of this "new covenant" does not apply as we are under the terms of the older Abrahamic covenant.....?.....

Faith
    Ultramontane Papist XPian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisto View Post
    Mine is earlier

Scripture Verse: Genesis 1:24

And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

© Copyright Original Source

But I get a mention in Isaiah:

His breath is like a rushing torrent, rising up to the neck. He shakes the nations in the sieve of destruction; he places in the jaws of the peoples a bit that leads them astray.

http://biblehub.com/isaiah/30-28.htm

I also get a mention in the Silmarillion:

Etymology

Ancalagon is a Sindarin name, from anc[3] and alag[4] plus the name ending -on. Its meaning is "Rushing Jaws" or "Biting-storm".”

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Ancalagon

Picture showing how gigantic and impressive I am:
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20170627034009