Announcement

Collapse

Islam Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to Islam. This forum is generally for theists only, and is not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theist may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Muhammad mentioned by name in the Song of Songs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by siam View Post
    similarities between Judaism and Islam Judaism---from one Jewish perspective....
    (different Jews have different opinions about Islam)
    Surah 9:30

Literal
    (Word by Word) And said the Jews, "Uzair (is) son (of) Allah." And said the Christians, "Messiah (is) son (of) Allah." That (is) their saying with their mouths, they imitate the saying (of) those who disbelieved before. (May) Allah destroy them. How deluded are they!

Siam, what is this verse saying? I know your Allah said he has no son, but in what sense does your Allah say that he has no son in this verse?

A son of God can be one who is close to God in relationship, but this verse seems to mean more than that in order for your Allah to say they who say that should be destroyed.

Thanks.

Comment

• Uzair, son of God.

In the Quran, the name is Arabized so it is difficult to know with certainty what/whom it is referring to---but it could be Ezra.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzair

The Quranic claim that Jews consider Ezra the "son of God" is unattested either in Jewish or other extra-Quranic sources.[2][23] According to the Encyclopedia Judaica:

"Muhammed claims (Sura 9:30) that in the opinion of the Jews, Uzayr (Ezra) is the son of God. These words are enigma because no such opinion is to be found among the Jews, even though Ezra was singled out for special appreciation (see Sanh. 21b; Yev. 86b)."[2]

In A History of the Jews of Arabia: From Ancient Times to Their Eclipse under Islam,[24] scholar Gordon Darnell Newby notes the following on the topic of Uzair, the angel Metatron and the Bene Elohim (lit. "Sons of God"):

...we can deduce that the inhabitants of Hijaz during Muhammad's time knew portions, at least, of 3 Enoch in association with the Jews. The angels over which Metatron becomes chief are identified in the Enoch traditions as the sons of God, the Bene Elohim, the Watchers, the fallen ones as the causer of the flood. In 1 Enoch, and 4 Ezra, the term Son of God can be applied to the Messiah, but most often it is applied to the righteous men, of whom Jewish tradition holds there to be no more righteous than the ones God elected to translate to heaven alive. It is easy, then, to imagine that among the Jews of the Hijaz who were apparently involved in mystical speculations associated with the merkabah, Ezra, because of the traditions of his translation, because of his piety, and particularly because he was equated with Enoch as the Scribe of God, could be termed one of the Bene Elohim. And, of course, he would fit the description of religious leader (one of the ahbar of the Qur'an 9:31) whom the Jews had exalted.[8]

According to Reuven Firestone, there is evidence of groups of Jews venerating Ezra to an extent greater than mainstream Judaism, which fits with the interpretation that the verse merely speaks of a small group of Jews. The book 2 Esdras, a non-canonical book attributed to Babylonian captivity, associates a near-divine or angelic status to Ezra.[25] Mark Lidzbarski and Michael Lodahl have also hypothesized existence of an Arabian Jewish sect whose veneration of Ezra bordered on deification.[7]

other references to son of God
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_God

Comment

• Shirk (division) = more than one Gods, partners, associates, sons/daughters of God, elevating humans/things to divine status/degree...etc
        .....it also applies to the giving of power (that should rightfully belong to God) to concepts, peoples, things....
        for example, excessive patriotism could fall into the error of worshiping the "nation" (an abstract concept) and its symbols and heroes.....

In practice, the understanding of what is, or is not, shirk is elastic. Today, the Wahabi are destroying many Islamic heritage sites (as well as non-Islamic, pre-Islamic) because they consider it "shirk"---other Muslims do not agree with the Wahabi attitude/understanding of "shirk".

Wrong belief (Shirk) can promote wrong intentions (kaffir) which can lead to wrong actions (fitna) = hell (kaffir = one who is ungrateful/arrogant)

Comment

Uzair, son of God.

In the Quran, the name is Arabized so it is difficult to know with certainty what/whom it is referring to---but it could be Ezra.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzair

The Quranic claim that Jews consider Ezra the "son of God" is unattested either in Jewish or other extra-Quranic sources.[2][23] According to the Encyclopedia Judaica:

"Muhammed claims (Sura 9:30) that in the opinion of the Jews, Uzayr (Ezra) is the son of God. These words are enigma because no such opinion is to be found among the Jews, even though Ezra was singled out for special appreciation (see Sanh. 21b; Yev. 86b)."[2]

In A History of the Jews of Arabia: From Ancient Times to Their Eclipse under Islam,[24] scholar Gordon Darnell Newby notes the following on the topic of Uzair, the angel Metatron and the Bene Elohim (lit. "Sons of God"):

...we can deduce that the inhabitants of Hijaz during Muhammad's time knew portions, at least, of 3 Enoch in association with the Jews. The angels over which Metatron becomes chief are identified in the Enoch traditions as the sons of God, the Bene Elohim, the Watchers, the fallen ones as the causer of the flood. In 1 Enoch, and 4 Ezra, the term Son of God can be applied to the Messiah, but most often it is applied to the righteous men, of whom Jewish tradition holds there to be no more righteous than the ones God elected to translate to heaven alive. It is easy, then, to imagine that among the Jews of the Hijaz who were apparently involved in mystical speculations associated with the merkabah, Ezra, because of the traditions of his translation, because of his piety, and particularly because he was equated with Enoch as the Scribe of God, could be termed one of the Bene Elohim. And, of course, he would fit the description of religious leader (one of the ahbar of the Qur'an 9:31) whom the Jews had exalted.[8]

According to Reuven Firestone, there is evidence of groups of Jews venerating Ezra to an extent greater than mainstream Judaism, which fits with the interpretation that the verse merely speaks of a small group of Jews. The book 2 Esdras, a non-canonical book attributed to Babylonian captivity, associates a near-divine or angelic status to Ezra.[25] Mark Lidzbarski and Michael Lodahl have also hypothesized existence of an Arabian Jewish sect whose veneration of Ezra bordered on deification.[7]

other references to son of God
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_God
          Since no Jew today regards Ezra as a son of God and Muhammad may have come in contact with some Jews during his time who regarded Ezra as a son of God, then this is a non-issue today.

Comment

Shirk (division) = more than one Gods, partners, associates, sons/daughters of God, elevating humans/things to divine status/degree...etc
            .....it also applies to the giving of power (that should rightfully belong to God) to concepts, peoples, things....
            for example, excessive patriotism could fall into the error of worshiping the "nation" (an abstract concept) and its symbols and heroes.....

In practice, the understanding of what is, or is not, shirk is elastic. Today, the Wahabi are destroying many Islamic heritage sites (as well as non-Islamic, pre-Islamic) because they consider it "shirk"---other Muslims do not agree with the Wahabi attitude/understanding of "shirk".

Wrong belief (Shirk) can promote wrong intentions (kaffir) which can lead to wrong actions (fitna) = hell (kaffir = one who is ungrateful/arrogant)
            Since Christians believe in one God and believe He has no partners or literal children, then what are you personally doing to correct this misunderstanding of Christianity to other Muslims you know?

Comment

• Siam,

Let's get back to the Garden of Eden.

Isn't it true Islam teaches that the Garden was in a heavenly paradise and when Adam and Eve sinned, they were thrown out of the heavenly paradise to earth?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                Since Christians believe in one God and believe He has no partners or literal children, then what are you personally doing to correct this misunderstanding of Christianity to other Muslims you know?
                Since I do not understand Christianity and its Trinity, it would be presumptuous of me to pretend to lecture my Muslim brothers about what Christianity is about....I would recommend they speak directly to a Christian to know about those beliefs.

I have been told by a Christian that he believes that the Christian Trinitarian God is not the same as the One God of Muslims. Other Christians have explained to me that Jesus is the name of "their" God and if I do not believe Jesus is God then it is not the same God.....Perhaps there is confusion amongst Christians as to the nature of God?

You insist that you believe in One God, the One God of the Shema/of the Jews. I am happy to take your word for it.

Comment

Siam,

Let's get back to the Garden of Eden.

Isn't it true Islam teaches that the Garden was in a heavenly paradise and when Adam and Eve sinned, they were thrown out of the heavenly paradise to earth?

Thanks.
                  I don't remember if the garden is named in the Quranic version of the Adam story....but yes, I can agree that they were told to "go down" and it was explained to them that earth will be their temporary dwelling place.
                  Quran 2:36
                  Then did Satan make them slip from the (Garden) and get them out of the state (of felicity) in which they had been.
                  And we said: Get you down all (you people) with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling place and a means of livelihood for a time.

verse 37 goes on to explain God forgives Adam.

Something else that is not mentioned in the Quran is the talking (walking ?) snake of Genesis. (apparently the snake looses its legs after the incident?) In any case, the Quranic story does not use a talking snake but uses satan....which is apparently a Christian perspective of the Adam story......?.....
                  http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/d...-became-satan/

One could look at the Quranic story as a synthesis of both the Jewish and Christian perspective---it retains the Jewish idea that there is no original sin---but it changes the talking snake to satan according to the Christian interpretation.....This gives a "middle" perspective---a balance between Christianity and Judaism?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    The reasoning here is just as bad as those who say that Jesus was a copy of pagan myths because of the Spanish name Jesus and how it sounds like "Hey Zeuss".

"Muhammad in Song of Solomon 5:16?

The Qur'an puts Muslim apologists in a difficult position by claiming that the Bible contains clear prophecies about Muhammad (see Qur'an 7:157 and 61:6). Muslim writers, speakers, and debaters have had nearly fourteen centuries to find these prophecies, so if they can't show us where the Bible talks about Muhammad, we can only conclude that the Qur'an is wrong when it appeals to the Bible for support.

Some of the arguments our Muslim friends use seem to be based on sheer desperation. For instance, popular Muslim apologists like Zakir Naik and Shabir Ally claim that Muhammad is mentioned by name in Song of Solomon 5:16. Zakir Naik writes:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language -im is added for respect. Similarly -im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present."

*******ANOTHER REFERENCE TO THE VERSE:

Does Song of Solomon Mention Muhammad?

Special attention to the quote:

Even if the Hebrew word “lovely/desirable” in Song of Solomon were the Hebrew equivalent of the Arabic word “praised one” (which it is not), it still would not follow that Muhammad is being referred to in the Bible. Instead, it would simply be an indication that the underlying word stands on its own as a term used for other applications. For example, the Hebrew word for “bitter” is mah-rah. It is used throughout the Old Testament to refer to the concept of bitter. Yet, due to her unpleasant circumstances in life, Naomi (whose name means “pleasant”) requested that her name be changed to “bitter” (mah-rah) to reflect her bitter predicament. It does not follow, however, that when the Hebrew word “bitter” appears in the Old Testament, it refers to Naomi. If parents today were to name their child John, it would not follow that they intended to reflect an association with others in history who have worn the name John—nor would references to John in the Bible constitute prophecies pointing to their son. Muslims have the cart before the horse. Their claim is equivalent to parents naming their child “wonderful” or “special”—and then claiming that an ancient writer had their child in mind when the writer used the word “wonderful” or “special” in referring to another person contemporary to the writer.
                    Last edited by Marta; 06-06-2017, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                      The reasoning here is just as bad as those who say that Jesus was a copy of pagan myths because of the Spanish name Jesus and how it sounds like "Hey Zeuss".
                      Just answering the original question without giving any thoughts toward it. It may be "bad" theology or reasoning's, however, its not for me to say.

The first books of the Torah (Old Testament - Tanakh or Mikra or Hebrew Bible) is about Jewish history and prophecies. The start of creation, the forming of the nation "OF" Israel - Jacobs house, or Isaac's decedents. The parts that I would think that spoke of Ishmael's would be in Genesis - as to give an account of the Abraham's other child by Hagar. The next notations would have been where Ishmael decedents lived or had their beginnings and even, that both sons came back together to bury Abraham. Any prophecy about a prophet on Ishmael side isn't going to be in the Torah - Jewish writings. Again, Jewish history - salvation is brought to all mankind whether it be from any side. Genesis 16:9-12, which gives an account of Hagar son from the angel of God, "You are now pregnant and you will give birth to a son. You shall name him Ishmael" another verse is Genesis 17:20-22, "I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers (and similar to the twelve tribes of Israel), and I will make him into a great nation"

In those two verses (maybe more) a prophecy was told by an angel to Hagar regarding the child she was carrying, that being Ishmael. However, being that this is the first five books of the bible, or the first five books of the Bible are sometimes called the Pentateuch, there would not be an account of any future prophet on Ishmael's part (again), only the reference to Abraham's other son. Also, that Esau married into Ishmael's side because of the blessing to Isaac. The two brothers "identities" may seem similar in ways but the biggest difference is noted that, "21 But my covenant I will establish with Isaac"
                      Last edited by Marta; 06-06-2017, 01:49 AM.

Comment

interesting thoughts---agree.

Justice tempered with compassion and mercy. (rahman, Rahim)

R-Ḥ-M (Arabic: ر ح م‎‎, Hebrew: רחם‎‎) is the triconsonantal root of many Arabic and Hebrew words, and many of those words are used as names. It indicates mercy and sympathy.

raḥam (Arabic: رحم‎‎, reḥem Hebrew: רחם‎‎): "womb".
                        raḥ'mah (Arabic: رحمة‎‎), raḥamim Hebrew: רחמים‎‎): "caring; cares, mercy".

English
                        mer·cy
                        ˈmərsē/Submit
                        noun
                        compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm.
                        synonyms: leniency, clemency, compassion, grace, pity, charity, forgiveness, forbearance, quarter, humanity; soft-heartedness, tenderheartedness, kindness, sympathy, liberality, indulgence, tolerance, generosity, magnanimity, beneficence

----If the semitic and english meaning were combined it might translate to something like "protective nurturing/benevolence"...?..... (It is in this context that God gives laws to humanity---Quranic story of the 2 sons of Adam)
                        The Arabic/Hebrew words have more encompassing meanings than can be translated in English...but if we were to translate simply---we might say love and forgiveness?....if so, love and forgiveness that is not tempered with justice (adl) is irresponsible because it can fall into injustice. Likewise, justice/law that is not tempered with compassion and mercy can become harsh and thus unjust. It is when these things are in balance, that there can be harmony.....

The Arabic for justice "Adl" has connotations of fairness, balance, equilibrium.
                        As the verse in Psalms 23 reads, "5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. 6 Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."...

Psalms 89: 9 Surely His salvation is near to those who fear Him, That glory may dwell in our land. 10 Lovingkindness and truth have met together; Righteousness and peace have kissed each other. 11 Truth springs from the earth, And righteousness looks down from heaven.…

Comment

I don't remember if the garden is named in the Quranic version of the Adam story....but yes, I can agree that they were told to "go down" and it was explained to them that earth will be their temporary dwelling place.
                          Quran 2:36
                          Then did Satan make them slip from the (Garden) and get them out of the state (of felicity) in which they had been.
                          And we said: Get you down all (you people) with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling place and a means of livelihood for a time.

verse 37 goes on to explain God forgives Adam.

Something else that is not mentioned in the Quran is the talking (walking ?) snake of Genesis. (apparently the snake looses its legs after the incident?) In any case, the Quranic story does not use a talking snake but uses satan....which is apparently a Christian perspective of the Adam story......?.....
                          http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/d...-became-satan/

One could look at the Quranic story as a synthesis of both the Jewish and Christian perspective---it retains the Jewish idea that there is no original sin---but it changes the talking snake to satan according to the Christian interpretation.....This gives a "middle" perspective---a balance between Christianity and Judaism?
                          So it is Satan who made Adam and Eve slip.

The serpent: The text here does not, by itself alone, clearly identify the serpent as Satan, but the rest of the Bible makes it clear this is Satan appearing as a serpent.

i. In Ezekiel 28:13-19 tells us that Satan was in Eden. Many other passages associate a serpent or a snake-like creature with Satan (such as Job 26:13 and Isaiah 51:9). Revelation 12:9 and 20:2 speak of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan.

ii. The representation of Satan as a serpent makes the idea of Moses saving Israel by lifting up a bronze serpent all the more provocative (Numbers 21:8-9), especially when Jesus identifies Himself with that very serpent (John 3:14). This is because in this picture, the serpent (a personification of sin and rebellion) is made of bronze (a metal associated with judgment, since it is made with fire). The lifting of a bronze serpent is the lifting up of sin judged, in the form of a cross.

iii. Ezekiel 28 tells us Satan, before his fall, was an angel of the highest rank and prominence, even the “worship leader” in heaven. Isaiah 14 tells us Satan’s fall had to do with his desire to be equal to or greater than God, to set his will against God’s will.

Bible:

Man was created on Earth, in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 2:8).

Qur'an:

Man was created in Paradise (‘janna’),1 not on Earth (first couple later banished to Earth, e.g. Koran 2:36).

Bible:

Prior to sin, Adam and Eve given free access to fruit of the ‘Tree of Life’ (Genesis 2:9, 16–17).

Qur'an:

The ‘Tree of Eternity’ (equated with giving eternal life in 7:20, hence comparable to the Biblical Tree of Life) was the Forbidden Tree (20:120).

Bible:

Forbidden tree clearly identified as ‘Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil’. ‘And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.”?’ (Genesis 2:16–17)

Qur'an:

No mention of the name ‘Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil’. Koran 7:19 ‘O Adam! Dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden, and enjoy (its good things) as ye wish: But approach not this tree, or ye run into harm and transgression.’ (Also 2:34).

(this tree is the Tree of Eternity)

Bible:

After the Fall, Adam and Eve still on Earth, but barred from Eden (Genesis 3:23–24).

Qur'an:

Adam and Eve were shifted from Paradise (not on Earth) down to Earth (7:24, also 2:36).

7:20 Then began Satan to whisper suggestions to them, bringing openly before their minds all their shame that was hidden from them (before): he said: "Your Lord only forbade you this tree, lest ye should become angels or such beings as live for ever."

7:22 So by deceit he brought about their fall: when they tasted of the tree, their shame became manifest to them, and they began to sew together the leaves of the garden over their bodies. And their Lord called unto them: "Did I not forbid you that tree, and tell you that Satan was an avowed enemy unto you?"

See how the Qur'an contradicts the Bible.

Comment

Since I do not understand Christianity and its Trinity, it would be presumptuous of me to pretend to lecture my Muslim brothers about what Christianity is about....I would recommend they speak directly to a Christian to know about those beliefs.
                            It is best to find out what the Bible teaches about the Trinity instead of speaking to an individual Christian. so you could say to other Muslims Christianity teaches there is only one God and one God only.
                            https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm...ty/trinity.cfm
                            https://www.monergism.com/topics/trinity

Originally posted by siam View Post

I have been told by a Christian that he believes that the Christian Trinitarian God is not the same as the One God of Muslims.
                            I would put it this way: the Allah of the Qur’an is not the same God as the Bible.

Other Christians have explained to me that Jesus is the name of "their" God and if I do not believe Jesus is God then it is not the same God.....Perhaps there is confusion amongst Christians as to the nature of God?
                            It sounds like this particular “Christian” was a Oneness Pentacostal.
                            Oneness Pentacostals are not Trinitarians. Oneness Pentacostals teache that God is a single person who was "manifested as Father in creation and as the Father of the Son, in the Son for our redemption, and as the Holy Spirit in our regeneration." Another way of looking at it is that God revealed himself as Father in the Old Testament, as the Son in Jesus during Christ’s ministry on earth, and now as the Holy Spirit after Christ’s ascension.
                            The Oneness Pentacostals started in 1914.

You insist that you believe in One God, the One God of the Shema/of the Jews. I am happy to take your word for it.
                            You don’t have to take my word for it:
                            https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm...ty/trinity.cfm
                            https://www.monergism.com/topics/trinity

Comment

It is best to find out what the Bible teaches about the Trinity instead of speaking to an individual Christian.

I would put it this way: the Allah of the Qur’an is not the same God as the Bible.
                              It is much more interesting conversing with human beings....its more interactive.....
                              ...also...I am more interested in studying the Quran---my own sacred text.

Ok...if you believe that there are 2 (different) Gods---the Christian God and the Muslim God---that is upto you...but, if you believe in 2 Gods---how can you claim you believe in One God?

As I said there are many opinions within Christianity---and some Christians may disagree with your opinion.....
                              CCC 841---
                              The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."

Miroslav Volf
                              I have come to the conclusion, after studying Christian theological sources, studying also the great thinkers of the Christian faith, the object that which we worship is the same, but that we understand that object in significantly different ways. So there are both significant similarities and there are significant differences. The big question was whether those differences cancel the fact that it might be the same God or how does one weigh the similarities and the differences. We had to go through these individual points. My argument is yes, there is one God, but we have different opinions. It's very similar to how we think about the Jewish understanding of God. Jews do not believe that God is the Holy Trinity, for instance. They do not worship Jesus Christ; in fact they think, many think, that our worship of Christ is a form of idolatry. But we still think as Christians that we worship the same God as Jews. Not identical but still the same God.
                              http://newsok.com/article/5491976

Some Jews also feel that Muslims worship the same One God as the them (Shema and Tawheed are similar)
                              https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...down/97348838/

Rabbi Allen Maller calls himself a muslim Jew...and writes....
                              Thus parallels between Muslim and Jewish texts do not disprove the Divine origin of the Qur'an. These parallels prove it.

The differences in details between the Torah and the Qur'an, and the parallels between the Qur'an and the Oral Torah, do not in any way prove that the Qur'an is not the word of God. They only show that the Holy One shapes the message of each prophet to fit the circumstances of the people he is sent to.

What we have in common is what we should focus on. As the Qur'an (3:64) states: "Say; "O People of the Book! come to common terms between us and you: That we worship none but Allah. that we associate no partners with Him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah." If then they turn back (reject) you. say: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (who accept all the previous prophets).

Rabbi Allen S. Maller

http://www.rabbimaller.com/judaism-a...acks-on-qur-an

Rabbi Tovia Singer explains Muslims do not do idolatry but worship One God.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjQUSK12tTo

Comment

It is much more interesting conversing with human beings....its more interactive.....
                                ...also...I am more interested in studying the Quran---my own sacred text.

Ok...if you believe that there are 2 (different) Gods---the Christian God and the Muslim God---that is upto you...but, if you believe in 2 Gods---how can you claim you believe in One God?

As I said there are many opinions within Christianity---and some Christians may disagree with your opinion.....
                                CCC 841---
                                The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."

Miroslav Volf
                                I have come to the conclusion, after studying Christian theological sources, studying also the great thinkers of the Christian faith, the object that which we worship is the same, but that we understand that object in significantly different ways. So there are both significant similarities and there are significant differences. The big question was whether those differences cancel the fact that it might be the same God or how does one weigh the similarities and the differences. We had to go through these individual points. My argument is yes, there is one God, but we have different opinions. It's very similar to how we think about the Jewish understanding of God. Jews do not believe that God is the Holy Trinity, for instance. They do not worship Jesus Christ; in fact they think, many think, that our worship of Christ is a form of idolatry. But we still think as Christians that we worship the same God as Jews. Not identical but still the same God.
                                http://newsok.com/article/5491976

Some Jews also feel that Muslims worship the same One God as the them (Shema and Tawheed are similar)
                                https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...down/97348838/

Rabbi Allen Maller calls himself a muslim Jew...and writes....
                                Thus parallels between Muslim and Jewish texts do not disprove the Divine origin of the Qur'an. These parallels prove it.

The differences in details between the Torah and the Qur'an, and the parallels between the Qur'an and the Oral Torah, do not in any way prove that the Qur'an is not the word of God. They only show that the Holy One shapes the message of each prophet to fit the circumstances of the people he is sent to.

What we have in common is what we should focus on. As the Qur'an (3:64) states: "Say; "O People of the Book! come to common terms between us and you: That we worship none but Allah. that we associate no partners with Him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah." If then they turn back (reject) you. say: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (who accept all the previous prophets).

Rabbi Allen S. Maller

http://www.rabbimaller.com/judaism-a...acks-on-qur-an

Rabbi Tovia Singer explains Muslims do not do idolatry but worship One God.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjQUSK12tTo
                                Is Allah omnipresent? Is Allah everywhere at the same time?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X