Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.05.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.05.04

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing Jehovah-Jireh...
    The Teaching Ministry of the Holy Spirit...
    Shalom!

One of the responsibilities afforded the Holy Spirit is that of my Teacher/Instructor/Mentor. This morning while reading in the Psalms the Holy Spirit School of Instructions/Lessons was suddenly in session. “I pray to you, O Lord, my rock. Do not turn a deaf ear to me. For if you are silent, I might as well give up and die. Listen to my prayer for mercy as I cry out to you for help, as I lift my hands toward your holy sanctuary.” (Psalm 28:1–2, NLT)

Sometimes I find myself scratching my head trying to figure out what the Psalms are really saying. For instance in today’s scripture do I really think God would turn a deaf ear to me? My first response would be NO, God would never turn a deaf ear to me however on the other hand my faith in the scriptures hints that it is quite possible He just might. Not only is the deaf ear thing something to think about there’s the “For if You are silent...” thing as well. How many times have I prayed only to be met by silence? I don’t really know because I’ve never kept track but one thing is for sure, I am still alive.

So what am I suppose to believe? Do I believe God has an “ignore button” He pushes when He wants to tune me out? And if God puts me on ignore does that mean He’s given up on me and I am doomed to a life filled with emptiness and hopelessness? Of course I can only answer for myself. When I read the scripture above I find my faith in God, faith in the bible, and faith in my relationship with God challenged. Experience teaches me when my faith is challenged I cannot face the challenge alone, I need help from God who is the source of faith. So this morning when I asked God for His help I discovered this...

“Again the Lord spoke to me and said, “I have discovered a conspiracy against me among the people of Judah and Jerusalem. They have returned to the sins of their ancestors. They have refused to listen to me and are worshiping other gods. Israel and Judah have both broken the covenant I made with their ancestors. Therefore, this is what the Lord says: I am going to bring calamity upon them, and they will not escape. Though they beg for mercy, I will not listen to their cries.” (Jeremiah 11:9–11, NLT, emphasis mine) So God does have an “ignore button” and He uses it too. But He doesn’t use it for no reason at all, “I have discovered a conspiracy against me... They have refused to listen to me and are worshiping other gods,” it’s really simple when you stop to think about it, when I ignore God, God ignores me, Paul explains it like this. “Don’t be misled—you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant.” (Galatians 6:7, NLT)

“Holy Spirit, My Friend Your lesson is duly noted and filed in my memory bank subject for immediate recall when I feel myself getting frustrated when it seems as if He’s pushed the ignore button.”

“Faith isn’t hoping for the best life has to offer, Faith is anchoring oneself to the Best God has to offer!”

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

Amen Gary!! Wonderful and useful lesson.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X