Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Grave robber Emmanuel Macron wins French election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grave robber Emmanuel Macron wins French election

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-fr...-idUSKBN183003

142fbf7f42282c2e5e493a5a7de4a53871a4fd5e9826fe022f93d4dae3915261.jpg

unlike Trump, le pen never really had much of a chance. I guess this is goodbye france. I was hoping to still visit it while it was still around but I'm pretty sure visiting Mogadishu or Algiers would be cheaper (and safer)
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

"Grave robber"?

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
      "Grave robber"?
      His wife's like a hundred years older than him and he met her when he was 15.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        Brigitte Trogneux, the wife of President-elect Emmanuel Macron, is 25 years his senior. This exactly the same age difference as that between Donald Trump and his third wife Melania.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          Brigitte Trogneux, the wife of President-elect Emmanuel Macron, is 25 years his senior. This exactly the same age difference as that between Donald Trump and his third wife Melania.
          and don't forget how fast the presidency make a person age. Melania is going to be a billionaire in a short time. I hear she has her eye on buying Australia and turning it into a slave labor camp to make her purses.

Comment

unlike Trump, le pen never really had much of a chance. I guess this is goodbye france. I was hoping to still visit it while it was still around but I'm pretty sure visiting Mogadishu or Algiers would be cheaper (and safer)
            This is a win-win for us.

If the French are willing to try the great experiment then they will illustrate for the world that either it can work or it cannot work.
            Sort of like having a younger brother try a new vegetable first and planning accordingly based upon his reaction.

You and I have place our bets on the outcome - better their society to learn this lesson than sacrificing ours.

The French haven't contributed to Western Civilization in over 200 years so it is a small price to pay for the object lesson.
            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              Older male = normal and acceptable, especially since they were both pretty old when they got married.
              Older female = weird and creepy, especially when the gap is so big.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post

If the French are willing to try the great experiment then they will illustrate for the world that either it can work or it cannot work.
                Sort of like having a younger brother try a new vegetable first and planning accordingly based upon his reaction.

You and I have place our bets on the outcome - better their society to learn this lesson than sacrificing ours.

The French haven't contributed to Western Civilization in over 200 years so it is a small price to pay for the object lesson.
                Pretty much the entire western world is trying the same experiment. France is pretty bad, but the US isn't much better off. The only difference is that the US can't easily import as many muslim savages in particular, but that hasn't stopped your politicians from importing more run of the mill savages (or creating them among the existing population).

Le pen winning probably wouldn't have changed much, just like Trump winning isn't changing all that much. "Better than the neocons" seems to be about it.

Comment

I might care if France was still relevant.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Pretty much the entire western world is trying the same experiment. France is pretty bad, but the US isn't much better off. The only difference is that the US can't easily import as many muslim savages in particular, but that hasn't stopped your politicians from importing more run of the mill savages (or creating them among the existing population).

Le pen winning probably wouldn't have changed much, just like Trump winning isn't changing all that much. "Better than the neocons" seems to be about it.
                    The sad thing about all of this is that if Moron would simply moderate a little bit and put some controls in place he could do quite a bit to kill the thunder of the far right. Instead he'll probably fling the gates wide open and watch his people get raped - and then still be surprised when 10 or 20 years from now some Hilter-esque loon takes control of France. There is no cause and effect with these people, and frankly, I get tired having to point out the obvious.
                    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

When Hitler Prime* takes over I hope no liberal expects me to do anything other than point and laugh as they're being Arbecht Macht Freighed through some concentration camp oven.

*may or may not be me

Comment

When Hitler Prime* takes over I hope no liberal expects me to do anything other than point and laugh as they're being Arbecht Macht Freighed through some concentration camp oven.
                        As wrong as it may be that is pretty much my attitude anymore.
                        When bomb goes off some place my first question is: Did the population vote for letting bug-eyed lunatics into the country?
                        The next terrorist attack in France will be exactly what the French pined for...what they wanted... that for which they voted.
                        There are too many genuinely innocent people to help without crying over the suicidal.

If they voted to let killers into their midst I'll shrug and go back to watching Netflix. (1)

NOTES
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        1: If they didn't vote to let in terrorists I go back to watching Netflix.

Comment

Was she his high school maths teacher?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            I might care if France was still relevant.
                            The worst thing about France is it has so many French people.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post

Do you think that we should need France as an example when we have Venezuela to the south of us going to pot but liberals here are fighting to be seen as being more leftist than the other guy?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment