Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Something my Preacher said

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something my Preacher said

My preacher said something rather interesting to us this Sunday. I'd like to share it with my brothers and sisters:

When we are raised at the consummation of all things, Jesus will not look upon us in our sin, but in total and complete love. Despite all of the sinful things we have done, said, and thought, He will look at us with perfect love, not disappointment or regret.

I don't know why that struck me so forcefully, but it did. Bless you all!
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

I'd argue that God currently looks at us that way.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post

I agree. We are covered by the blood of the Lamb, and God sees His righteousness in us.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
        Yeah, that too. But I've been feeling particularly less than worth His time lately, and I needed to hear that He still loves me and sees His goodness in me, and not my disgusting sin.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            Yeah, that too. But I've been feeling particularly less than worth His time lately, and I needed to hear that He still loves me and sees His goodness in me, and not my disgusting sin.
            I think the Holy Spirit doesn't convict us of sin.
            I think anytime you feel bad about sin it may very well be the accuser (Satan).

The reason I say that is because guilt usually defeats one's spirit and I don't see God authoring that. In regard to sin, I think the Holy Spirit draws us to remind us of God's love and that we are free from the nastiness. I think it is telling that the fruit of the Spirit doesn't contain words that describe regret, fear, guilt or any of that sort of thing. So when I begin to feel bad about sin I throw out those thoughts, praise God for being free of guilt, and try to allow the Holy Spirit to guide me in how I proceed past that point. That way, time isn't wasted over something that has already been handled.
            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              My preacher said something rather interesting to us this Sunday. I'd like to share it with my brothers and sisters:

When we are raised at the consummation of all things, Jesus will not look upon us in our sin, but in total and complete love. Despite all of the sinful things we have done, said, and thought, He will look at us with perfect love, not disappointment or regret.

I don't know why that struck me so forcefully, but it did. Bless you all!
              Then, on top of that, he will present us FAULTLESS to the Father, clothed in His own Righteousness!

Somebody shout GLORY!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by cow poke View Post
                somebody shout glory!
                ok....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22251[/ATTACH]
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X