Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.05.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.05.10

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing Jehovah-Jireh...
    Refining silver...
    Shalom!

“The Lord’s promises are pure, like silver refined in a furnace, purified seven times over. Therefore, Lord, we know you will protect the oppressed, preserving them forever from this lying generation, even though the wicked strut about, and evil is praised throughout the land.” (Psalm 12:6–8, NLT)

I Googled the process of refining silver and discovered there are multiple ways of getting the job done, none of them sound like a walk in the park if you happen to be a piece of silver. Of course we’re not silver we’re people but believe it or not there’s a refining process for us too, and if you’re like me it’s no walk in the park! I really don’t need to go into the details of my own refining process, because the bottom line is I am still in that process and so are you.

The question each of us face is not rather we’ll ever be refining free, but what and how are we going to handle/deal with it. The way I look at it of all the possible impact it can have on us the four at the top of the list are: 1) it will break us, 2) make us bitter, 3) make us stronger, 4) deepen/solidify our relationship with God. For me I am a 4 and a 3, with an occasional 2 thrown in when the 3D’s check in.

Psalms 12:6–8 talks about faith at its deepest level. The early stages of our faith journey can be described as the “take a chance” level. We read about faith in our bibles, listen to the testimonies of others then we take a slightly more than educated guess and trust in the promises of God. But our faith journey doesn’t stop there because there’s the ongoing refining of faith process and as the refining process does the work God designed to do faith goes to its deepest level, the “knowing level”. Verse 7, “Therefore, Lord, WE KNOW you will...” We know not because of what the bible says or what anyone else says but because the Holy Spirit, the first best teacher, confirms it to us through the second best teacher experience.

It has been said that life is a giant classroom, while that may be true but for me life is first and foremost a refinery where the finest silver is extracted from other “stuff”. “The silver used by the ancients was probably obtained by smelting lead sulfide ore, rich in silver (argentiferous galena). After the ore had been reduced to a metallic condition, the lead was separated from the silver by blowing hot air over the surface of the melted metal. The lead was thus changed to lead oxide which, in a powdered condition, was driven away by the air blast.” (copied from www.Biblehub.com/refining)

“Holy Spirit, let me see my refining process through the eyes of God.”

“Faith isn’t hoping for the best life has to offer, Faith is anchoring oneself to the Best God has to offer!”

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

Amen Gary!!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X