Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

This. THIS is why we didn't want women in politics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    I know you have a need for me to have a problem with breast feeding but your need doesn't dictate reality.
    I also reject out of hand that a pro-abortion advocate suddenly has a baby's need as defining any sort of moral behavior.

Here is a PRO TIP: Get to the point where you can contribute a two line post without shooting yourself in the foot before engaging others in a debate forum.

Comment

I know you have a need for me to have a problem with breast feeding but your need doesn't dictate reality.
      I also reject out of hand that a pro-abortion advocate suddenly has a baby's need as defining any sort of moral behavior.

Here is a PRO TIP: Get to the point where you can contribute a two line post without shooting yourself in the foot before engaging others in a debate forum.
      At this rate "Mad Gerbil" will be too soft a nickname. Am considering promotion to "Chuck Gerbil".
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

If two married people started making out in church you'd be the first elder to rush up front and break it up.
        Two married people kissing is natural, approved by God, and something all married couples do.

And yet you'd have a problem with it.
        You'd argue that the kissing isn't the problem, but the context - which is exactly what I'm doing.

You know exactly the point I'm making here.

The rebuttal of 'it is natural' isn't a rebuttal at all.
        The rebuttal of 'you are weird' also isn't a rebuttal at all.

Got anything else?
        Still not comparable.

And I never said anything about it being okay because it is natural.

And weird is not intended as a rebuttal, but an opinion of your opinion.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          Still not comparable.
          Both are:
          1: Natural
          2: Ordained by God
          3: Private interaction between two people.

I've established at least 3 reasons why they're comparable.
          Your substantive ways that they're not comparable would be?

PRO TIP: Before you type the answer ask yourself this question: "Is the resultant beat down worth this?"(1)

NOTES
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          1: Just having fun here, don't take this seriously.
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Both are:
            1: Natural
            2: Ordained by God
            3: Private interaction between two people.

I've established at least 3 reasons why they're comparable.
            Your substantive ways that they're not comparable would be?

PRO TIP: Before you type the answer ask yourself this question: "Is the resultant beat down worth this?"(1)

NOTES
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            1: Just having fun here, don't take this seriously.
            Bah humbug.

NOTE
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            I It's my party and I can be serious if I want to. You'd cry too . . .
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Gerbz, I still love you even though you are wrong on this and weird.

Comment

Bad choice of words, I didn't mean to imply that you abhor breast feeding in itself, but for some reason having to observe it disgusts you as implied in the O.P. Avert your eyes if its icky to you!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Bad choice of words, I didn't mean to imply that you abhor breast feeding in itself, but for some reason having to observe it disgusts you as implied in the O.P. Avert your eyes if its icky to you!
                  How am I supposed to avert my eyes if politeness calls for me to look at the person I'm addressing?
                  That is why the work environment is a problem - I have to work here too.

In public, like I said, you can mate right there in the mall fountain for all I care because I just won't go to a mall that allows that behavior.
                  In public I have a choice - in a work environment a compromise is in order.
                  Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    Gerbz, I still love you even though you are wrong on this and weird.
                    I love you too, Jed, and I want you to die in a fire.

Comment

How am I supposed to avert my eyes if politeness calls for me to look at the person I'm addressing?
                      That is why the work environment is a problem - I have to work here too.

In public, like I said, you can mate right there in the mall fountain for all I care because I just won't go to a mall that allows that behavior.
                      In public I have a choice - in a work environment a compromise is in order.
                      What do you need a compromise for, whats the problem you are having? What exactly about the act of breast feeding is it that offends you?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        What do you need a compromise for, whats the problem you are having? What exactly about the act of breast feeding is it that offends you?
                        I wouldn't want to attend a meeting in a professional environment where none of the men were wearing shirts.
                        I'm not the least offended by bare chested men.

It is being appropriate for the environment - in both how one acts and how one dresses.

I've already stated I don't care if a woman breast feeds in public so that should clue you in that my problem isn't with breast feeding.

I'm sorry, I don't know how to be any more clear.

Comment

7f69c02316127798fc9c4c2b51216d6e.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                            What I mostly don't get is the indignance when people are told they shouldn't be doing something. I don't understand why it's 'too much effort' to cover up when breastfeeding. I don't get the "but I'm a liberated woman" nonsense that seems to be a part of it so often (and far more the reason than baby needs feeding, imo). I don't get why people are offended by breastfeeding, and I don't get why people feel the need to berate others for breastfeeding.

Nothing about this makes much sense, and it seems like it comes down to people wanting to what they want without complete disregard to everyone else.
                            *clear throat*

FREEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!
                            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Chiming in For those of you who've been in a hang out with me y'all know I've nursed a baby. Did anything show? Nope. Covered with a blanket neatly. deal with it. Eventually I transitioned to a bottle for other reasons. but I can't help it if this society is so sexualized they can't handle a baby eating. That's what boobs were designed for. Not for men's pleasure. Suck it up.
                              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                                That's what boobs were designed for. Not for men's pleasure.
                                Does not compute, does not compute, does not compute, does not....

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment