Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

This. THIS is why we didn't want women in politics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
    A ridiculously sexist picture of a woman holding a mug with a heart on it. You should be ashamed. It could say something like I heart big guns or something like that. Ridiculous.

guac.
    I think the point is that she is wearing the gun upside down.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
      Is this a joke?
      The picture has nothing to do with the mug.
      What? Is it about the ridiculously impractically manicured nails?

fwiw,
      g-MAN
      "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
      Hear my cry, hear my shout,
      Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I think the point is that she is wearing the gun upside down.
        If she's transitioning, it might take some practice for her to figure out "her" "gun." Geez. You guys and the judging.

fwiw,
        g-mole
        Last edited by guacamole; 05-12-2017, 10:27 AM.
        "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
        Hear my cry, hear my shout,
        Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
          What? Is it about the ridiculously impractically manicured nails?

fwiw,
          g-MAN
          I thought it was maybe because her butt was too big for the annual police swimsuit calendar.
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

I thought it was maybe because her butt was too big for the annual police swimsuit calendar.
            It's the donuts.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I don't have a problem with breast feeding.
              I do have a problem with children in a place of business.

What, is she supposed to change it's diaper there?

I'm not allowed to wear shorts to work - but women can whip out a breast and feed a kid?
              Ugh.

First of all the baby is female so she's not an it.

Second, multitasking mother's are not an issue. If Alia gets fussy, the senator can step out if need be and change her while she's at it. Breast feeding is as natural as you breathing. She was even covered up so she wasn't flashing anyone. There's a difference between wearing shorts to work and taking care of your responsibilities to both your career and your children.
              I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
                Ugh.

First of all the baby is female so she's not an it.

Second, multitasking mother's are not an issue. If Alia gets fussy, the senator can step out if need be and change her while she's at it. Breast feeding is as natural as you breathing. She was even covered up so she wasn't flashing anyone. There's a difference between wearing shorts to work and taking care of your responsibilities to both your career and your children.
                Normally people don't bring their children to work.

Comment

Normally people don't bring their children to work.
                  In Oregon, it's actually pretty common nowadays.
                  I am Punkinhead.

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
                    In Oregon, it's actually pretty common nowadays.
                    really? How can you get work done while watching your kids at work? And if you are trying to look serious in a meeting or hearing having a baby sucking on you while you are giving a speech would not look very professional. I thought women want to be treated equal with equal pay and all that. Men can't drag their newborns around with them at work and wouldn't if they could.

If they tried that where I am I would insist on bringing my dog to work since I don't have kids.

Comment

Occasionally an employee where I work will have to bring his kids into the office for a while (I've had to do it once). If it started happening frequently, there might be an issue, but as an infrequent occurrence it's no big deal. FWIW, I don't really care if a politician nurses a baby in Parliament.
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

really? How can you get work done while watching your kids at work? And if you are trying to look serious in a meeting or hearing having a baby sucking on you while you are giving a speech would not look very professional. I thought women want to be treated equal with equal pay and all that. Men can't drag their newborns around with them at work and wouldn't if they could.

If they tried that where I am I would insist on bringing my dog to work since I don't have kids.
                        I actually don't have a problem with bringing kids to work. Perhaps they could have a paid staff to watch them. My boss, a conservative Christian pastor, has allowed it here. It's great having kids around - it is better than sticking them in day care.
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

As I'm not a parent, I can't explain it. But I figure if some of my professors manage it or some of the women I've met in other work environments and still get their work done then more power to them. I've also worked in offices that were pretty dog-friendly, FYI. What can I say...Oregon is weird.
                          I am Punkinhead.

Comment

Would it be okay to bring your kid into work if you were an employee at Planned Parenthood?
                            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Would it be okay to bring your kid into work if you were an employee at Planned Parenthood?
                              It would certainly be ironic...
                              I am Punkinhead.

Comment

keYejx has made some compelling arguments.
                                Now I'm of the opinion that all female politicians should be forced to be topless while in Parliament.

Comment