Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: This. THIS is why we didn't want women in politics.

Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    What do you need a compromise for, whats the problem you are having? What exactly about the act of breast feeding is it that offends you?
    I wouldn't want to attend a meeting in a professional environment where none of the men were wearing shirts.
    I'm not the least offended by bare chested men.

It is being appropriate for the environment - in both how one acts and how one dresses.

I've already stated I don't care if a woman breast feeds in public so that should clue you in that my problem isn't with breast feeding.

I'm sorry, I don't know how to be any more clear.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

2. Amen Carrikature amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

I'm always still in trouble again

4. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrikature View Post
    What I mostly don't get is the indignance when people are told they shouldn't be doing something. I don't understand why it's 'too much effort' to cover up when breastfeeding. I don't get the "but I'm a liberated woman" nonsense that seems to be a part of it so often (and far more the reason than baby needs feeding, imo). I don't get why people are offended by breastfeeding, and I don't get why people feel the need to berate others for breastfeeding.

Nothing about this makes much sense, and it seems like it comes down to people wanting to what they want without complete disregard to everyone else.
    *clear throat*

FREEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!
    "It's easier to say that it's not our [US Democrats'] fault, but Russians' fault, say that they interfered with the elections... It reminds me of anti-Semitism, when everything is Jews' fault. Someone is a mutt, can't do a thing, but the Jews are to be blamed. But we know where such an attitude leads to, it never ends well"

Faith
    Ecumenical Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Chiming in For those of you who've been in a hang out with me y'all know I've nursed a baby. Did anything show? Nope. Covered with a blanket neatly. deal with it. Eventually I transitioned to a bottle for other reasons. but I can't help it if this society is so sexualized they can't handle a baby eating. That's what boobs were designed for. Not for men's pleasure. Suck it up.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

7. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catholicity View Post
    That's what boobs were designed for. Not for men's pleasure.
    Does not compute, does not compute, does not compute, does not....

"We can understand hell in its aspect of privation. All your life an unattainable ecstasy has hovered just beyond the grasp of your consciousness. The day is coming when you will wake to find, beyond all hope, that you have attained it, or else, that it was within your reach and you have lost it forever. C.S. Lewis

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's what boobs were designed for. Not for men's pleasure. Suck it up.
    Not just boobs but the entire woman was created for man.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Not just boobs but the entire woman was created for man.
    oops...
    "We can understand hell in its aspect of privation. All your life an unattainable ecstasy has hovered just beyond the grasp of your consciousness. The day is coming when you will wake to find, beyond all hope, that you have attained it, or else, that it was within your reach and you have lost it forever. C.S. Lewis

Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Chiming in For those of you who've been in a hang out with me y'all know I've nursed a baby. Did anything show? Nope. Covered with a blanket neatly. deal with it. Eventually I transitioned to a bottle for other reasons. but I can't help it if this society is so sexualized they can't handle a baby eating. That's what boobs were designed for. Not for men's pleasure. Suck it up.
    Did you really type 'suck it up' at the end of that post?
    Really?
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    Did you really type 'suck it up' at the end of that post?
    Really?
    I almost commented on it, then my better judgment kicked in.
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

"Metal is an apple--everything's good but the core."

Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    I almost commented on it, then my better judgment kicked in.
    I don't have one of those.
    Are they useful?