Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More Leftist Intolerance....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by guacamole View Post
    You can't support racism from scripture. "Ethnic Favoritism" isn't what this is about--that's not why Darth had to come charging into the thread to support Spencer--whose description Darth apparently found offensive because he either wrongfully decided to apply it to himself, or he's being coy about where he stands on it.
    lol so ethnic favoritism isn't racist now?

I've noticed this a lot from anti-raycissts, after being destroyed in an argument they then pretend that things which are blatantly racist (like calling a woman of another ethnic group a dog because of it) aren't "really racist", now favoring your own ethnic group isn't racist either. Before this thread is over guacamole will turn into some bizarro world nazi who insists walking into a black church and machinegunning the inhabitants while shouting "Die #&@%@" isn't racist either.

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
    Ugh. I critiqued Spencer. That triggered Darth to ride in and post some asinine blather about whether or not I think the various hordes of inferior brown people can also be racist. If you can't be bothered to grasp simple cause and effect, there's no point to discussing anything with you. In that case, stop posting.

fwiw,
    guacamole
    You didn't mention Spencer at all in the post I was responding to, you idiot scumbag. You did call a bunch of people who wanted to protect a piece of their heritage from being dragged down, ISIS style, by another group of racists "cancer". For the latter group you don't have a single bad word, not because you're that upset about racism but because you're fine with it as long as it's only directed at white people.

When Spencer wants to talk about whether or not Jews have souls, then it's just flat out racism.
    Funny, that's not what you called "cancer". From your article:

"I'm here to take part in this great celebration of our heritage and to say 'no' to the city of Charlottesville. You're not going to tear down our statue and you're not going to replace us," Richard Spencer said.

Self-identified “alt-right” member Richard Spencer said the protesters are peaceful.

"Nobody here is committing violence. This is a peaceful demonstration. We're talking about who we are and what we care about," Spencer said."
    Nothing about whether Jews have souls or not in there. It does, in fact, seem to me that merely attempting to protect your heritage (a far more mild form of racism than Jesus engaged in) was enough to complain about "cancer", so when you claim that what you're ACTUALLY upset is that Spencer thinks Jews don't have a soul (or something) it's just another one of your attemtps to desperately crawl out of the hole you dug yourself in.

You attack people for trying to protect a statue, I (rightfully hit back) and now you try to pretend that I was defending Richard Spencer (whom you didn't mention at all in your broad attack aimed at everybody defending that statue) while he was accusing Jews of being soulless.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• So, i looked up guacamole's claim about Richard Spencer and Jews. The truth will shock you:

https://www.bustle.com/articles/1964...-than-it-looks

According to Fake News CNN, Spencer is supposed to have said "One wonders if these people are people at all, or instead soulless golems". Bustle claims the original question referred to journalists, not Jews, and then references back to... CNN:

Spencer bashed journalists covering the 2016 presidential election, too.
      "One wonders if these people are people at all, or instead soulless golem," Spencer said in a reference to a Jewish fable in a portion of his speech dedicated to criticizing both the media and Jews.
      He also used a Nazi-era propaganda term meaning "lying press" to describe reporters, citing "the mainstream media -- or perhaps we should refer to them in the original German, lugenpresse."
      Whoops, looks like Guacamole is just peddling a lie invented by people who lie (or are ignorant of) their own coverage.

In fact, I can't find any strictly anti-semitic quotes from Spencer. CNN claims they were made at the gathering, but none are actually quoted. As far as I can tell the closest thing to an "anti-Semitic" claim Spencer repeats is to... criticize Zionism and its grip on US foreign policy. You know, like liberals do. Like I said before, Spencer is just a racist liberal.

Maybe there's some actual anti-semitism in his speech. So I googled the transcript (language warning):

http://www.radixjournal.com/journal/...ve-the-emperor

ctrl+f "Jew"

In the Current Year, a wealthy Jewish celebrity bragging about the “end of white men” is "speaking truth to power.'
      He will be perhaps the most pro-Zionist president ever put into office, turning a blind eye to continued Jewish settlement in the Palestinian territories.
      These are the only mentions of "Jews" i could find, although I'll admit I didn't read the actual speech. Guacamole thinks this is "cancer" but Jesus calling a woman of a different ethnic group a "dog" isn't even really racism, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

What about the offending quote that guacamole mentioned?

This was the year when random #&$@ on Twitter, anonymous podcast hosts, and dissidents working deep within the Beltway Right proved they objectively understood politics better than the “Republican strategists” and “political consultants” snarking at us every night on MSNBC. It’s not just that they are leftists or cucks. It’s not just that many are genuinely stupid. Indeed, one wonders if those people are people at all, or instead soulless Golems, animated by some dark power to repeat whatever talking points John Oliver said the night before.
      So not only does the quote where Spencer supposedly talks about soulless Jews have nothing to do with Jews, it actually wasn't even targeting journalists, it was targeting "Republican strategists" and "political consultants", and the point about them not being people wasn't Spencer writing a treatise on how consultants are actually a different species, it was an obvious joke and rhetorical statement.

Soylent Journalism at its finest, and proves beyond reasonable doubt that Guacamole is a stupid, ignorant, easily manipulated moron that's not really worth all the time I wasted responding to him.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

• Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
        I'd go a little further and point out Genesis:

"And I will put enmity
        between you and the woman,
        and between your offspring[a] and hers;
        he will crush[b] your head,
        and you will strike his heel.”

The appearance of Jesus Christ was a fulfillment of a promise made to mankind.
        The Jews were chosen in the sense that they were the earthly tribe from which the Savior would be born but not chosen in the sense of being racially superior.
        There's no reason to pick Jews in particular if it was just about a promise made to mankind. God picked (or rather, set them apart, IE: segregated) the Jews because they were the line of Abraham. To reward his faithfulness, God gave Abraham his own race and set them apart as the one that would produce the Messiah and were supposed to be a light unto the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by guacamole View Post
          I actively oppose false teaching like Darth's when I have opportunity to do so.
          How can you oppose my "false teaching" when you haven't even read the Gospels? I'm still chuckling at your attempt to lecture me of all people about "social context" and the apostles being appalled at Jesus doing a favor for the centurion.

Comment

• Another monument being taken down. Are people here really sad to see this message disappear from a public place. Again I wouldn't mind seeing either a plaque next to it, admitting that the world has moved beyond that, and doesn't agree with the people who put up the statue originally, or at least not the content of that message. Either that, or stuff that statue into a museum of Civil War Era stuff.

"United States troops took over the state government and reinstated the usurpers but the national election of November 1876 recognized white supremacy in the South and gave us our state."

Last edited by Leonhard; 05-25-2017, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• For the sake of argument is there any reason why the Palestinians should have their own country and the white man shouldn't?
              Both look like racism to me.
              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                OK. So you tell me why you don't show compassion to everyone, then.

Don't be obtuse. Everyone has political positions. How exactly does following Christ work out in practice in the world? Was voting for Trump following Christ? Or voting against him? Why or why not?

1. Irrelevant.
                2. Agree with who?
                3. Define your terms. What exactly do you mean by 'racist' and 'segregation'? They're both terms with a lot of baggage.

Reread what you said to Darth: "You owe compassion to all people fool."

Do you think you've shown compassion to Darth in this thread?
                Max, I love you bro, but I think you're on the wrong side of this issue. guacamole is right on for challenging DE's deplorable segregationist views and his reframing of the scriptures as ideologically racist. God chose the people of Israel, not because they were the master race, or that there was something biologically superior about them, but simply so that through them all the people of the earth, both Jew and Gentile, would come back into relational covenant with him. That's the message of the Bible.

Also, something that's being unsaid here about Jesus' use of the word "dog" to the Canaanite woman (which I debated with people in the Tektonics section years ago), is that Jesus purposely used the diminutive sense of that word (kunaria in the Greek) which doesn't refer to the sort of street mongrel which was seen as a pest, and was the common insult used by Jews of Gentiles, but rather he intentionally took the sting out of the word by referring to the sort of pet that was seen in a common Jewish household. But see, whether Jesus meant to use the word as an ethnic slur or not misses the greater context of the Gospel message, which is that Jesus did not come ONLY for the Jew. To the contrary, God foreknew that Israel would reject it's Messiah. God is the God of making the impossible possible. He has a habit throughout the scriptures of intentionally turning things on their head. The first will be last, and the last will be first. Jesus knew/knows that even the dogs become children. As Hosea said in 2:23 (and Paul repeats in Romans 9), "I will sow her for Myself in the land. I will also have compassion on her who had not obtained compassion, And I will say to those who were not My people, 'You are My people!' And they will say, 'You are my God!'"

DE's views are twisted and ought to be rejected, and people who speak out against the racist nonsense he's regularly spews ought to be commended.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                  Max, I love you bro, but I think you're on the wrong side of this issue. guacamole is right on for challenging DE's deplorable segregationist views and his reframing of the scriptures as ideologically racist. God chose the people of Israel, not because they were the master race, or that there was something biologically superior about them, but simply so that through them all the people of the earth, both Jew and Gentile, would come back into relational covenant with him. That's the message of the Bible.

Also, something that's being unsaid here about Jesus' use of the word "dog" to the Canaanite woman (which I debated with people in the Tektonics section years ago), is that Jesus purposely used the diminutive sense of that word (kunaria in the Greek) which doesn't refer to the sort of street mongrel which was seen as a pest, and was the common insult used by Jews of Gentiles, but rather he intentionally took the sting out of the word by referring to the sort of pet that was seen in a common Jewish household. But see, whether Jesus meant to use the word as an ethnic slur or not misses the greater context of the Gospel message, which is that Jesus did not come ONLY for the Jew. To the contrary, God foreknew that Israel would reject it's Messiah. God is the God of making the impossible possible. He has a habit throughout the scriptures of intentionally turning things on their head. The first will be last, and the last will be first. Jesus knew/knows that even the dogs become children. As Hosea said in 2:23 (and Paul repeats in Romans 9), "I will sow her for Myself in the land. I will also have compassion on her who had not obtained compassion, And I will say to those who were not My people, 'You are My people!' And they will say, 'You are my God!'"

DE's views are twisted and ought to be rejected, and people who speak out against the racist nonsense he's regularly spews ought to be commended.
                  I was just wondering where you have been lately...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                    I was just wondering where you have been lately...
                    We at -=| The Drama Club |=- had a shortage of funds and couldn't afford to keep Adrift on staff.
                    However, a recent panda investment has recently become quite lucrative so we hired him back on at a reduced salary.

It is a tough economy, you know.
                    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

We at -=| The Drama Club |=- had a shortage of funds and couldn't afford to keep Adrift on staff.
                      However, a recent panda investment has recently become quite lucrative so we hired him back on at a reduced salary.

It is a tough economy, you know.
                      Man, those Pandas are everywhere! They have even been seen infiltrating Rogue's NSA.

panda-squirrel-web.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Man, those Pandas are everywhere! They have even been seen infiltrating Rogue's NSA.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22536[/ATTACH]

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Max, I love you bro, but I think you're on the wrong side of this issue. guacamole is right on for challenging DE's deplorable segregationist views and his reframing of the scriptures as ideologically racist. God chose the people of Israel, not because they were the master race, or that there was something biologically superior about them,
                          Nobody argued that. What is argued (and true) is that they were given a blatantly superior social position. You can pretend otherwise but the guys through which God works directly and explicitly are generally held in higher reverence than the regular pleb, which is why we know who Paul is but not the name of every Christian he interacted with.

but simply so that through them all the people of the earth, both Jew and Gentile, would come back into relational covenant with him. That's the message of the Bible.
                          Not simultaneously.

Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3 He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.

“Then he sent some more servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’

“But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

“Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

“But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. He asked, ‘How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend?’ The man was speechless.

“Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

“For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

Also, something that's being unsaid here about Jesus' use of the word "dog" to the Canaanite woman (which I debated with people in the Tektonics section years ago), is that Jesus purposely used the diminutive sense of that word (kunaria in the Greek) which doesn't refer to the sort of street mongrel which was seen as a pest, and was the common insult used by Jews of Gentiles, but rather he intentionally took the sting out of the word by referring to the sort of pet that was seen in a common Jewish household. But see, whether Jesus meant to use the word as an ethnic slur or not misses the greater context of the Gospel message, which is that Jesus did not come ONLY for the Jew. To the contrary, God foreknew that Israel would reject it's Messiah.
                          Once again you are arguing against straw men (because it makes your false position easier to defend). Nobody argued that Jesus came only for the Jews, but He did come first for the Jews, who were supposed to act as an example to the rest of humanity, and this position was lost not because everybody is equal but because the Jews threw away that position.

I doubt you even know what my views are, because even what little I made obvious you chose to misrepresent.

Comment

For the sake of argument is there any reason why the Palestinians should have their own country and the white man shouldn't?
                            Both look like racism to me.
                            The Palestinian/Israeli conflict is a good example. If one of them was in tanzania rather than the middle east they would have absolutely no reason to fight. Heck, Israel was the last country to abandon South Africa's apartheid regime despite their own history with white supremacists simply because now that they didn't have to live together they found more common ground than not.

It really doesn't matter what Adaft and Guacamoron think or allow, wherever there is diversity there will be conflict and eventually segregation (or genocide). Even "diverse" big cities like New York are largely split along ethnic lines. The only difference between me and him is that he will push for people who hate each other to be forced to live together until it ends in a bloodbath (for which he will take no responsibility whatsoever) whereas I think they should be allowed to split if they want to.

Comment

Max, I love you bro,
                              Group hug! I love you too, mate. Thanks for your thoughts.

Originally posted by Adrift
                              but I think you're on the wrong side of this issue. guacamole is right on for challenging DE's deplorable segregationist views and his reframing of the scriptures as ideologically racist. God chose the people of Israel, not because they were the master race, or that there was something biologically superior about them, but simply so that through them all the people of the earth, both Jew and Gentile, would come back into relational covenant with him. That's the message of the Bible.

You've misread me, I'm afraid. I'm not defending DE's views (he is quite capable of arguing his own position). I'm just wanting to ask guacamole to reflect on his call for DE to show compassion to everyone. Surely those who we disagree with the most are the ones we should most show compassion to? Does guacamole do that to DE? To others?

Originally posted by Adrift

That doesn't absolve anyone from being responsible for their own behaviour, for living up to their own self-declared standards.
                              ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

In private he's a really sweet guy.
                                Cries quite a bit more than I'd like, but who am I to criticize the tenderhearted?
                                Next you will tell me he is vegetarian, also animal lover, also painter!!
                                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment