Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More Leftist Intolerance....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    One thing about Germans circa 1940: They were snappy dressers.
    Good tanks.
    The best trained and equipped infantry.
    German elite troops in WWII were the best soldiers in the war. Period.
    Astounding industrial growth.
    Staggering military leadership.

If Hitler hadn't committed some of the same mistakes of WWI, then modern world history might be different.

fwiw,
    guacamole
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
      Racism is intellectual cancer and a sign of weak-mindedness--black, white, hispanic, or otherwise.
      "noun
      1.a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement ... hatred or intolerance of another race or other races."

Seems that racism covers everything from believing in genetics to Sieg Heiling as you drive a tank through a Jewish retirement home. I'm not sure how believing in genetics is an "intellectual cancer".

It posits that one's own problems and destiny are in the hands of others.
      So the slaves' problems and destiny wasn't in the hands of others?

It belies an intellectual passivity that asserts that success and failure are a result of breeding and winning a historical lottery, rather than will and action.
      What about the will and action to breed in such a way as to improve your chance of winning a historical lottery?

To the extent that Spencer embarrasses the rest of the right happens to be to the extent that they allow themselves to be co-opted or nod along with him when he says things that seem reasonable.
      This line of thought coming from you geezers doesn't work very well anymore. Don't think your kids aren't noticing the insanity in complaining about someone saying stuff like "white people deserve to exist" and the reflexive bashing of such statements. Your response is downright Pavlovian, and I would say far more of an intellectual cancer than anything a clown like Spencer could come up with, precisely because you completely shut down your brain when the topic comes up and offer the same coached denounciations over and over again.

The proper response to Spencer and his ilk (i.e., Farrakhan for an example from the other side) is derision.

fwiw,
      guacamole
      Unfortunately, people like you have been engaging in one-sided derision of racism for so long that the blacklash was inevitable. Spencer is a nobody, the rise in White Pride type movements among youth, otoh, is harder to deride into non-existance.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        "noun
        1.a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement ... hatred or intolerance of another race or other races."

Seems that racism covers everything from believing in genetics to Sieg Heiling as you drive a tank through a Jewish retirement home. I'm not sure how believing in genetics is an "intellectual cancer".
        People dress up their weak-mindedness with all sorts of fancy verbiage. Whether it's genetics or Sieg Heiling as you drive a tank through a Jewish retirement home, the root is the same--that one, because of their biology or culture, is worth more than someone else, despite the choices that the racist person has made in life. It is this nonsensical vicarious imputation of greatness which is unearned on the part of the racist who takes inordinate pride in what he hasn't actually himself accomplished.

So the slaves' problems and destiny wasn't in the hands of others?
        Was I arguing that the slaves were racist?

What about the will and action to breed in such a way as to improve your chance of winning a historical lottery?
        What about it? Wee! White people can screw white people and make more white people who haven't done the crap they are proud of.

This line of thought coming from you geezers doesn't work very well anymore. Don't think your kids aren't noticing the insanity in complaining about someone saying stuff like "white people deserve to exist" and the reflexive bashing of such statements. Your response is downright Pavlovian, and I would say far more of an intellectual cancer than anything a clown like Spencer could come up with, precisely because you completely shut down your brain when the topic comes up and offer the same coached denounciations over and over again.
        Who's defending anyone bashing a statement like "white people deserve to exist"? At any rate, that's not a good summary of the length and breadth of Spencer's thought at all. As far as your blanket condemnation of my "pavlovian response," . I articulated why I think that racism is lazy and degenerate. Feel free to argue against it rather than simply throwing back ad homs.

Unfortunately, people like you have been engaging in one-sided derision of racism for so long that the blacklash was inevitable. Spencer is a nobody, the rise in White Pride type movements among youth, otoh, is harder to deride into non-existance.
        As far as youth movements go, I believe it's anything other than flavor-of-the-month when all the alt-right beta male keyboard fighters decide to do something meaningful with their lives rather than whine and moan about it on the internet.

fwiw,
        guacamole
        Save me, save me"

Comment

People dress up their weak-mindedness with all sorts of fancy verbiage. Whether it's genetics or Sieg Heiling as you drive a tank through a Jewish retirement home, the root is the same--that one, because of their biology or culture, is worth more than someone else, despite the choices that the racist person has made in life.
          Was Jesus weak-minded when he told a woman from a different ethnic group that He would not heal her daughter because He didn't want to throw the children's bread to the dogs? In fact, if the Jews hadn't screwed up, we'd be second class citizens in God's kingdom. Seems to me you don't actually know any open racists or their motivations, since your comments are just a caricature that don't actually resemble a lot of actual people. Maybe you should seek out some racists and talk to them instead?

It is this nonsensical vicarious imputation of greatness which is unearned on the part of the racist who takes inordinate pride in what he hasn't actually himself accomplished.
          “His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow?"

Was I arguing that the slaves were racist?
          You were arguing there is something wrong with thinking your problems/destiny AREN'T in someone else's hands. Sometimes they are.

What about it? Wee! White people can screw white people and make more white people who haven't done the crap they are proud of.
          You seem awfully angry that some white people act like the average black or Latino (in fact you seem to think that's literally the definition of a racist).

Who's defending anyone bashing a statement like "white people deserve to exist"? At any rate, that's not a good summary of the length and breadth of Spencer's thought at all. As far as your blanket condemnation of my "pavlovian response," . I articulated why I think that racism is lazy and degenerate. Feel free to argue against it rather than simply throwing back ad homs.
          Sure: your understanding of racism and racists is a comical parody that in no way resembles actual reality. Your claim that "being proud in something you didn't personally achieve" would seem to condemn God Himself. In fact, since anti-racism is anti-thetical to the bulk of human history, Christian anti-racists rountiley end up walking into humorous traps like this one where they end up condeming their own religion.

You also seem to invert reality. Being proud of your ancestors' accomplishments is a way to show gratitude for what those ancestros did for you and one of the most benign forms of racism I can think of (in fact, you can find it in the Ten Commandments). People didn't build civilizations and cultures just for themselves (although as a boomer/gen-Xer your solipsism is understandable and expected), they also built them for future generations, and not future generations of other people's children. IE:

"“We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”"

The United States was not founded for the sake of someone else's "tired, poor, huddled masses yearning to breathe free", it was for themselves and their posterity, which would not even have included blacks or native americans at the time, let alone the countless waves of eurotrash and third world savages imported for the sake of enriching industrial (and these days, agricultural and tech) barons.

As far as youth movements go, I believe it's anything other than flavor-of-the-month when all the alt-right beta male keyboard fighters decide to do something meaningful with their lives rather than whine and moan about it on the internet.

fwiw,
          guacamole
          http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...-Antifa-routed

Due to Trump's failure to bully the republican party into submission there will be another American civil war. It's just a matter of when, not if now.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And sadly, there are a lot of stupid people on the far right who think that's reason enough to engage in constant larping.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Pirates are baddies?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Oh sure - they guys who wear skirts!
                  Yeah, like these guys.

he man 1.jpeg

he man 2.jpg
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    Yeah, like these guys.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22350[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22351[/ATTACH]
                    Wow. those are some strong (and ugly) women.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Pirates are baddies?

duh.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                        Was Jesus weak-minded when he told a woman from a different ethnic group that He would not heal her daughter because He didn't want to throw the children's bread to the dogs? In fact, if the Jews hadn't screwed up, we'd be second class citizens in God's kingdom.
                        Are you actually trying to assert that this story in the Gospels proves Jesus was openly racist? I don't know what's more laughable, that you think that is the reasonable interpretation of that scripture, or you defend the scurrilously anti-semitic retards like Spencer while claiming a Jew as your savior. Confused much? Or have you decided to go full on Asatru to match your racial identity politics?

Seems to me you don't actually know any open racists or their motivations, since your comments are just a caricature that don't actually resemble a lot of actual people. Maybe you should seek out some racists and talk to them instead?
                        You know who I do and don't talk to now?

“His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow?"
                        Not relevant. Jesus is not supporting racist pride in that statement--he's having the master lampoon what the wicked and lazy servant said to him moments before.

You were arguing there is something wrong with thinking your problems/destiny AREN'T in someone else's hands. Sometimes they are.
                        I was arguing that was the case with some racists. It's true that sometimes your problems and destiny are in someone else's hands--but that's an entirely different discussion.

You seem awfully angry that some white people act like the average black or Latino (in fact you seem to think that's literally the definition of a racist).
                        Because I name filth as filth? Not angry at all.

Sure: your understanding of racism and racists is a comical parody that in no way resembles actual reality. Your claim that "being proud in something you didn't personally achieve" would seem to condemn God Himself. In fact, since anti-racism is anti-thetical to the bulk of human history, Christian anti-racists rountiley end up walking into humorous traps like this one where they end up condeming their own religion.
                        Hogwash. Any critique of humanity is nonsensical when applied to God.

You also seem to invert reality. Being proud of your ancestors' accomplishments is a way to show gratitude for what those ancestros did for you and one of the most benign forms of racism I can think of (in fact, you can find it in the Ten Commandments).
                        In fact it's not racism at all. I've already stated in this thread that I enjoy the accomplishments and culture of my ancestors. I enjoy the culture and accomplishments of other people's ancestors too, for that matter.

People didn't build civilizations and cultures just for themselves (although as a boomer/gen-Xer your solipsism is understandable and expected), they also built them for future generations, and not future generations of other people's children. IE:

"“We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”"

The United States was not founded for the sake of someone else's "tired, poor, huddled masses yearning to breathe free", it was for themselves and their posterity, which would not even have included blacks or native americans at the time, let alone the countless waves of eurotrash and third world savages imported for the sake of enriching industrial (and these days, agricultural and tech) barons.
                        What a belly-slapper. The selfsame eurotrash immigrants were the ancestors of the lack-wit alt-right racists. Where do you bright boys draw the line? Which eurotrash are the bad kind?

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...-Antifa-routed

Due to Trump's failure to bully the republican party into submission there will be another American civil war. It's just a matter of when, not if now.
                        Oh boy! A buncha witless thugs who like to get off on fighting other witless thugs are fighting with some witless thugs! Try not to get too jealous up there in Canada, eh?

fwiw,
                        guacamole
                        Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          Yeah, like these guys.
                          Yes I know. I have been to Scotland, and Scottish games. And my cousin is one of the more famous Bag Pipers in the US. He is the one with the plume on his hat:

And they don't wear underwear!
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Wow. those are some strong (and ugly) women.
                            Why are you assuming gender!
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              Why are you assuming gender!
                              I retain the right to identify others per my biases.
                              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Are you actually trying to assert that this story in the Gospels proves Jesus was openly racist?
                                Of course. Anyone talked today like Jesus talked to that woman and there wouldn't be even the slightest doubt that the individual is a racist. You have to pretend otherwise because you've been convinced by liberals that Jesus was actually just like a modern person and just so happened to hold onto mid 20th century ideologies like anti-racism (and support for gay marriage).

I don't know what's more laughable, that you think that is the reasonable interpretation of that scripture, or you defend the scurrilously anti-semitic retards like Spencer while claiming a Jew as your savior. Confused much? Or have you decided to go full on Asatru to match your racial identity politics?
                                I never defended Spencer, my beef with you is that I find it intolerable that people like you who don't know anything about a subject fancy yourselves experts, especially when your stupid, ignorant ideas are gonna get a lot of people killed.

You know who I do and don't talk to now?
                                It's obvious because you don't understand any of these people or why they believe what they believe even in the slightest. If I knew french, and someone else claimed they knew french, then proceeded to talk jibberish it would be accurate to conclude the person does not speak french, even if they claim otherwise.

Not relevant. Jesus is not supporting racist pride in that statement--he's having the master lampoon what the wicked and lazy servant said to him moments before.
                                The point wasn't that Jesus supported racial pride in that statement, it's that the logic you use to condemn these people can be used to condemn Jesus.

I was arguing that was the case with some racists. It's true that sometimes your problems and destiny are in someone else's hands--but that's an entirely different discussion.
                                But being openly racist is almost like being a pedophile, they have a very reasonable case to make that their fate is not in their hands.

Because I name filth as filth? Not angry at all.
                                So you think most blacks and latinos are filth? Then what is your beef with Spencer? You seem to have more in common than you like to admit.

Hogwash. Any critique of humanity is nonsensical when applied to God.
                                Especially when God endorsed the things you critique.

In fact it's not racism at all. I've already stated in this thread that I enjoy the accomplishments and culture of my ancestors. I enjoy the culture and accomplishments of other people's ancestors too, for that matter.
                                It is, in fact, racist. Just about everything on the topic fits the definition of racism since it's so broad in the first place.

What a belly-slapper. The selfsame eurotrash immigrants were the ancestors of the lack-wit alt-right racists.
                                The eurotrash immigrants didn't immigrate to open up the country to the entire planet either.

Where do you bright boys draw the line? Which eurotrash are the bad kind?
                                They're all bad, but if I had to start somewhere I'd start with wherever the heck you came from.

And your argument is nonsensical. How does being an immgirant mean you have to support all future immigration? Why is loyalty owed to complete strangers over your hosts? This issue aside, your logic is demented. It's pretty much an apologia for treason.

Oh boy! A buncha witless thugs who like to get off on fighting other witless thugs are fighting with some witless thugs! Try not to get too jealous up there in Canada, eh?

fwiw,
                                guacamole
                                The Nazis started off as street thugs too. We all saw how things ended for their domestic enemies. I hope you'll remember these conversations when some Mengele wannabe is shoving needles in your eyeball trying to turn them blue one day.

Comment