Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Trying this again ... Information ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying this again ... Information ...

I'm getting closer to releasing at least some of my work on Information Theory.

A while back I solicited questions here at TWeb and unfortunately got mostly garbage.

Let me try again ...

Do you have any questions on the general subject of 'information'?
    Specific questions? Mysteries? Confused?
    Also see if friends, colleagues, etc. have any questions.

Here's your opportunity - use it or waste it, your choice.

Please be serious. Otherwise, kindly refrain from any posts.

I'll give this thread a week or so before closing.

Thanks.

Jorge

With luck it'll be better than the now notorious, "Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      With luck it'll be better than the now notorious, "Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional."
      See what I mean? The above GARBAGE is proof-positive of what you critters are all about.

"A while back I solicited questions here at TWeb and unfortunately got mostly garbage."

I have a minute to kill so let me ONCE AGAIN respond to your dishonest point. I had written "Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional." to emphasize that before something could be "functional complex information', it first had to be "INFORMATION" (which is why I upper-cased the word). In other words, you cannot have functional complex information unless you had information at the start. The moron I was talking to (Roy, I believe) couldn't get that through his thick skull. Then, you beauties continued to perpetuate that dishonesty even to this day, as you so vividly display here, rogue06.

Anyway, I preserve posts such as these as hard evidence of the dishonesty of your camp. Keep it coming!

I'll wait a few days to see if anything worthwhile shows up here. Expectations are near zero.

Jorge

Comment

How would you argue the relationship between intelligence and information? Intelligence precedes information? or information precedes intelligence? Or neither is not a correct relationship?

Some examples:
        Truth precedes lies.
        Good precedes evil.
        Order precedes chaos.
        Simple precedes complex.
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
          How would you argue the relationship between intelligence and information? Intelligence precedes information? or information precedes intelligence? Or neither is not a correct relationship?

Some examples:
          Truth precedes lies.
          Good precedes evil.
          Order precedes chaos.
          Simple precedes complex.
          Great questions, 37818! The above proves that while most is lost, not all is.

I definitely treat that line of thought in my work. In fact, it is central.

I can't provide full answers in any concise way - not even close.
          All I can do here is provide a few words.

1. Information manifests itself in relation to intelligence.

2. Due to that, 'intelligence' and 'information' exist simultaneously.
          Those terms have a non-traditional definition in my work. Enough on that.

3. Your questions and examples do not have the same logical structure.

"Intelligence precedes information" (or vice versa) implies that the former is a kind of 'requisite' for the existence of latter. But lies are the antithesis (or the denial) of truth --- truth may exist without the co-existence of lies. Same for good and evil. It's similar to 'darkness' -- there is no such thing as 'darkness', there is only the absence of light. There is no darkness in light - that would be a logical fallacy (contradiction).

"Order and chaos" are different things under different definitions/views and the same for "simple and complex".

Re-stating the original: 'Intelligence' and 'information' exist simultaneously.
          In my work this point is foundational and I demonstrate why it is so.

Jorge

Comment

I can't wait to see the next definition of "information" as it pertains to biological systems comes up with this time. Wonder if we're going to get a rehash of the MEMS stupidity he dreamed up last time.

Comment

Is it possible to provide an objective measure of the information content of a DNA sequence, with no information about its context?
              "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                See what I mean? The above GARBAGE is proof-positive of what you critters are all about.

"A while back I solicited questions here at TWeb and unfortunately got mostly garbage."

I have a minute to kill so let me ONCE AGAIN respond to your dishonest point. I had written "Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional." to emphasize that before something could be "functional complex information', it first had to be "INFORMATION" (which is why I upper-cased the word). In other words, you cannot have functional complex information unless you had information at the start. The moron I was talking to (Roy, I believe) couldn't get that through his thick skull. Then, you beauties continued to perpetuate that dishonesty even to this day, as you so vividly display here, rogue06.

Anyway, I preserve posts such as these as hard evidence of the dishonesty of your camp. Keep it coming!

I'll wait a few days to see if anything worthwhile shows up here. Expectations are near zero.

Jorge

You were asked for a definition for Functional Complex Information and responded with: "Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's NOT??!?!?!?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    It's NOT??!?!?!?
                    The problem is this is meaningless, and so circular the rat bites its own tail.

Information is information! How meaningful is this.
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                      The problem is this is meaningless, and so circular the rat bites its own tail.

Information is information! How meaningful is this.
                      Yeah, I was being facetious. Hence, the "stunned" smiley.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                        I can't wait to see the next definition of "information" as it pertains to biological systems comes up with this time. Wonder if we're going to get a rehash of the MEMS stupidity he dreamed up last time.
                        Typical Beagle BS.

Neeeeeext !
                        Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
                          Is it possible to provide an objective measure of the information content of a DNA sequence, with no information about its context?
                          It depends on what you mean by "context". In my work 'context' is treated in a special, more comprehensive way. I argue that context in traditional information theories is always considered in some limited sense and this introduces error into the overall information analysis which includes information measures. Can't say more on that at this time.

Jorge

Comment

You were asked for a definition for Functional Complex Information and responded with: "Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional."
                            Enough already! You've rewritten history by providing an alternate and incorrect context. I remember well the events -- that was why I uppercased "INFORMATION", I was emphasizing the point that you had to have information before you could have functional complex information.

What you're doing is known as "doubling down". You're caught but refuse to admit it.

I won't respond to you any more on this matter.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              It's NOT??!?!?!?
                              Cow manure from Cow Poke.

Neeeeext !!!

Jorge

Comment