Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Trying this again ... Information ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
    Originally posted by rogue06
    Keep in mind that, for all practical purposes, Jorge thinks that only YECs are Christian
    You lie and you KNOW you lie. I've explained myself on this point more times than I can recall. What I actually think is that only Biblical Creationists (aka, "YECs") are orthodox biblical Christians. If you're going to attribute a position to someone then make sure that it's accurate. Otherwise you are being dishonest (as if you didn't already know that).

See comment above. Those "YECs" that have told me the same are either confused, clueless or don't know/understand my position at all.

Jorge
    uh.... You just said the same thing rogue06 said, and called him a liar for it.

Care to explain the difference?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      uh.... You just said the same thing rogue06 said, and called him a liar for it.

Care to explain the difference?
      As a general rule his "explanations" for this have only served to dig his hole deeper.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
        Engage with the "substance" of your post? "Substance"? Really?
        Stop deluding yourself, Lurch -- you are intellectually dishonest - period!
        Then it should be easy for you to point out what specifically in my post was not accurate or was untrue.

Or are you just going to make vague accusations so you're not blatantly accusing me of lying?
        "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          As a general rule his "explanations" for this have only served to dig his hole deeper.
          seems like an "unorthodox, unbiblical Christian" would not be a Christian at all, which means what you said is the same thing Jorge said. I think Jorge has gone off the deep end. Now he just rants and raves and doesn't even try to argue anything that makes sense any more.

You guys broke Jorge!

Comment

seems like an "unorthodox, unbiblical Christian" would not be a Christian at all, which means what you said is the same thing Jorge said. I think Jorge has gone off the deep end. Now he just rants and raves and doesn't even try to argue anything that makes sense any more.

You guys broke Jorge!
            Don't blame me. He was like that back in 2006 when I first joined.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You guys broke Jorge!
              How do you break what is already broken??

The man has never been willing to discuss any topic in a civil fashion with anyone that did not already agree with him. Look at any sequence of posts where he is not ranting from the start. As soon as the other person disagrees with him on any point, he immediately goes on the attack.

Jim
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                How do you break what is already broken??

The man has never been willing to discuss any topic in a civil fashion with anyone that did not already agree with him. Look at any sequence of posts where he is not ranting from the start. As soon as the other person disagrees with him on any point, he immediately goes on the attack.

Jim
                maybe it is just nostalgia, but I have a memory of Jorge actually trying to defend his viewpoints (badly, and with lots of insults) once upon a time.

Comment

maybe it is just nostalgia, but I have a memory of Jorge actually trying to defend his viewpoints (badly, and with lots of insults) once upon a time.
                  Mandela Effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Mandela Effect.
                    Didn't that use to be called the Womandela effect?

Comment

Didn't that use to be called the Womandela effect?
                      Zedela? smiley hmm.gif

Comment

Maybe you're thinking of Socrates?

Comment

He was 'better' once upon a time - I will admit that. But rather than recognizing his arguments failed on their lack of merit, he has simply moved deeper and deeper into the realm that says it's the other fellows fault for not wanting to be 'enlightened'. Sort of like Trump blaming anything and everything but himself for his low approval ratings.

Jim
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You guys broke Jorge!
                            Jorge was broken a long time ago.

Comment

your other thread was moved to the padded room where it belongs. as will this one if you just keep up the trolling and insults instead of discussing the topic of information.
                              Yes, Mr. Thought Policeman ... so sorry to have gone outside of what Big Brother allows.

Jorge

Comment

• In typical fashion, you are leaving out a great deal of qualifications and supporting arguments.
                                Here is my position ONE MORE TIME for those of you with a reading comprehension handicap:
                                "What I actually think is that only Biblical Creationists (aka, "YECs") are orthodox biblical Christians."
                                Let there be no more confusion or misrepresentations. Thanks.

Jorge

Comment