Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Miss USA: Health Care Is a Privilege, Not a Right...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Well you don't need to worry about that, its obvious that the process has been used affectively on you.
    I don't know how you come to that conclusion.
    I agreed with you that Trump lies - our only point of disagreement is that you seem to believe the press is credible.

May I have your 'Question Authority' bumper sticker?
    You aren't using it.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

• Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
      I don't know how you come to that conclusion.
      I agreed with you that Trump lies - our only point of disagreement is that you seem to believe the press is credible.

May I have your 'Question Authority' bumper sticker?
      You aren't using it.
      Thats because the press is credible you dolt, they sometimes make mistakes in their reporting of facts but on the whole they are credible. Your problem is in falling for the anti-factual talking heads, or in mistaking opinion pieces for journalism, or in excusing the lies from the liars you support like Trump. To just generalize the Press as not being credible is just the lazy adoption of conservative propaganda. In your world, what you want to hear is credible, if you don't want to hear it, then it isn't credible.

Comment

• Jim - Talking Points - L claiming someone else is brainwashed. wow.

Comment

• Meh Gerbil says

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
          I agreed with you that Trump lies
          JimL responds

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Your problem is in falling for the anti-factual talking heads, or in mistaking opinion pieces for journalism, or in excusing the lies from the liars you support like Trump.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            Meh Gerbil says

JimL responds
            He agrees that Trump lies constantly, but he supports Trump. Get it?

Comment

Thats because the press is credible you dolt, they sometimes make mistakes in their reporting of facts but on the whole they are credible. Your problem is in falling for the anti-factual talking heads, or in mistaking opinion pieces for journalism, or in excusing the lies from the liars you support like Trump. To just generalize the Press as not being credible is just the lazy adoption of conservative propaganda. In your world, what you want to hear is credible, if you don't want to hear it, then it isn't credible.
              Nope.

I'm not generalizing that the press isn't credible; I'm basing it on actual experience.
              When I hear a factoid on the news that puzzles me I'll often go look it up and about half the time, depending on the news source, the factoid is nothing but spin if not an outright lie.

I caught onto this back in the late '80's when I was working at a pharmaceutical development laboratory.
              I saw a piece on 60 Minutes about the crazy cost of pharmaceuticals and nowhere in the piece did they mention the hundreds of millions of dollars I saw spent every year on products that failed in testing and would never see the light of day. Instead, they put a hot light on the CEO (so he'd sweat, a common technique used to make the innocent look guilty) and interviewed him. They were careful to catch him leaving the interview via limo - because you know, if a someone is in a limo they must be evil - even though the reporters at 60 minutes take limos to their engagements.

That was the moment I realized that the news report was not a report but a carefully orchestrated hit piece constructed by simpletons who didn't understand the first thing about pharmaceuticals.

I've cited examples of this sort of nonsense regarding Trump:
              Pre-Election: He's a hothead who will upset the Chinese and start WWIII.
              Post-Election: Look how he's snuggling up to and befriending the Chinese - obviously to sell us out!

^--- At that point you realize: Oh, no matter what he does you're going to slather it with negative spin (lie about it) so you aren't credible, you are a shill.

So no, I don't need any commentator to tell me what to think about the media.
              I figured out for myself.
              They're liars and I won't watch them lie anymore.
              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Is that an issue? (1)

NOTES
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                1: If you say 'Yes' I'll ask you about your support of Hillary. If you say 'No' then I'll ask you why you brought it up. It is called 'Game Over'.

Comment

Is that an issue? (1)

NOTES
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  1: If you say 'Yes' I'll ask you about your support of Hillary. If you say 'No' then I'll ask you why you brought it up. It is called 'Game Over'.
                  Yeah, its an issue. Hillary, unlike Trump, doesn't lie about her intentions for the people that voted for her. Take health care for instance- "we're not going to touch medicare or medicaid"? The house bill that he wants to sign takes 800 billion out of medicaid. You can watch Trump speak and hear nothing but lie after lie. He's in a whole other category, you might say he's a liar, "big league."

Comment

Yeah, its an issue. Hillary, unlike Trump, doesn't lie about her intentions for the people that voted for her. Take health care for instance- "we're not going to touch medicare or medicaid"? The house bill that he wants to sign takes 800 billion out of medicaid. You can watch Trump speak and hear nothing but lie after lie. He's in a whole other category, you might say he's a liar, "big league."
                    Yeah! She only lies through her teeth in OTHER areas...
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Nope.

I'm not generalizing that the press isn't credible; I'm basing it on actual experience.
                      When I hear a factoid on the news that puzzles me I'll often go look it up and about half the time, depending on the news source, the factoid is nothing but spin if not an outright lie.

I caught onto this back in the late '80's when I was working at a pharmaceutical development laboratory.
                      I saw a piece on 60 Minutes about the crazy cost of pharmaceuticals and nowhere in the piece did they mention the hundreds of millions of dollars I saw spent every year on products that failed in testing and would never see the light of day. Instead, they put a hot light on the CEO (so he'd sweat, a common technique used to make the innocent look guilty) and interviewed him. They were careful to catch him leaving the interview via limo - because you know, if a someone is in a limo they must be evil - even though the reporters at 60 minutes take limos to their engagements.

That was the moment I realized that the news report was not a report but a carefully orchestrated hit piece constructed by simpletons who didn't understand the first thing about pharmaceuticals.

I've cited examples of this sort of nonsense regarding Trump:
                      Pre-Election: He's a hothead who will upset the Chinese and start WWIII.
                      Post-Election: Look how he's snuggling up to and befriending the Chinese - obviously to sell us out!

^--- At that point you realize: Oh, no matter what he does you're going to slather it with negative spin (lie about it) so you aren't credible, you are a shill.

So no, I don't need any commentator to tell me what to think about the media.
                      I figured out for myself.
                      They're liars and I won't watch them lie anymore.
                      Yeah, the poor, poor pharmaceutical Industry. Having it tough are the Meh?

Comment

Yeah, its an issue. Hillary, unlike Trump, doesn't lie about her intentions for the people that voted for her. Take health care for instance- "we're not going to touch medicare or medicaid"? You can watch Trump speak and hear nothing but lie after lie. He's in a whole other category, you might say he's a liar, "big league."
                        You've seen the following video.
                        This is a dozen lies just on the emails alone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9WUA4k5JHU

What we have there is Hillary Clinton lying about matters of national security but somehow those lies aren't important enough for you to pull your support.
                        Can you blame me for throwing out your assertion that lies matter when you don't consistently apply that to your own candidates?
                        There is no reason to take your ranting about Trump's lies seriously - you're inconsistent and a partisan.

Again, it is fine with me that you vote for Hillary Clinton.
                        I just don't take your claims that lies matter seriously.

Comment

You have to make hundreds of millions of dollars to risk hundreds of millions of dollars on a drug that may fail in testing.
                          I've worked with compounds that cost $50,000 a gram to produce and the drug failed to work in testing so it was discarded.

The end result: After blowing millions on testing the entire jar of the compound (millions of dollars to produce) was eventually dumped in the trash.

How about getting the entire story instead of putting together a hit piece?

Comment

A lot less so since they collaborated with the Obama Administration in pushing Obamacare.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Where has he supported Trump, or said he does?

Edit: nevermind
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Really Jim? It was these evil pharmaceuticals that just cured me and probably added 20 years to my life.
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment