Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Miss USA: Health Care Is a Privilege, Not a Right...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    I'm confident that there is some abuse.
    I was wondering if you were one of the victims.

Can you find out the cost of one prescription(per pill) and see if you can find the cost to make that pill?
    I have no idea how to do that.

But luckily the drug company does have a discount card available which my pharmacist was able to get me on which covers most of the cost. I am on a high deductible health insurance which means I have to cover the first few thousand out of my pocket before the insurance even kicks in. Which would mean a very serious hit every year when it renews, but since I got the discount I don't have to worry about it this year.

Comment

I'm not whining for the pharmaceutical companies.
      I used a news report about pharmaceutical companies to whine about the media.

I illustrated how my direct knowledge of their business model put the lie to the 60 Minutes hit piece as a means of illustrating that my distrust of the media is based on personal experience.

It is possible that the pharmaceutical companies are abusing the system but there should be a way to do a report on that topic that isn't laced with lies, half-truths, and serious omissions.
      Your point was that the media was lying. Just because they didn't speak in the piece to a specific aspect of the pharmaceutical business doesn't make them liars. Try again.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Your point was that the media was lying. Just because they didn't speak in the piece to a specific aspect of the pharmaceutical business doesn't make them liars. Try again.
        Selective presentation of the truth is as much of a lie as a total fabrication.

Mother: "Jim, did you break the vase?"
        JimL: "Nope" *under breath* Gravity broke it by smashing it against the floor.

A presentation of the earnings of the pharmaceutical company without regard for their expenses is a lie.
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Selective presentation of the truth is as much of a lie as a total fabrication.

Mother: "Jim, did you break the vase?"
          JimL: "Nope" *under breath* Gravity broke it by smashing it against the floor.

A presentation of the earnings of the pharmaceutical company without regard for their expenses is a lie.
          Doesn't matter what their expenses are since their profits are through the roof despite their expenses, the story was about the exorbitant costs, the ridiculous unwarrented costs, and the piece was not a lie. Game over.

Comment

Doesn't matter what their expenses are since their profits are through the roof despite their expenses, the story was about the exorbitant costs, the ridiculous unwarrented costs, and the piece was not a lie. Game over.
            You didn't see it.
            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

You didn't see it.
              I didn't have to see it dufus, their profits were, and are still, through the roof regardless of their expences. Look it up! So what exactly was the media lying about. You're just not happy that their expences weren't mentioned, even though that would have been irrelevant to the story.

Comment

Look it up!
                What an excellent idea!

Here is a list, according to Forbes, of the top 15 most profitable industries:
                https://www.forbes.com/sites/sagewor.../#21713fd72557

You'll note that pharmaceuticals isn't on the list, it was beat out by education.
                It was also beat out by McDonalds.

Let's take a moment to stop and reflect on what just happened here.
                You have yourself, educated by the mainstream media.
                You have me, a person who looks up stuff for himself and distrusts the media.

Which one of us was right?
                More importantly, why are you upset at me instead of being upset at the people who filled your head with lies?

I'm asking you to be upset at the people who lied to you.
                I suspect you're going to continue to defend them.

Whatever.

Comment

What an excellent idea!

Here is a list, according to Forbes, of the top 15 most profitable industries:
                  https://www.forbes.com/sites/sagewor.../#21713fd72557

You'll note that pharmaceuticals isn't on the list, it was beat out by education.
                  It was also beat out by McDonalds.

Let's take a moment to stop and reflect on what just happened here.
                  You have yourself, educated by the mainstream media.
                  You have me, a person who looks up stuff for himself and distrusts the media.

Which one of us was right?
                  More importantly, why are you upset at me instead of being upset at the people who filled your head with lies?

I'm asking you to be upset at the people who lied to you.
                  I suspect you're going to continue to defend them.

Whatever.
                  Nothing happened here, you're still an idiot if you think the pharmaceutical companies aren't making exorbitant profits.

http://khn/morning-breakout/dr0004161/

http://www.wanttoknow.info/truthaboutdrugcompanies

Comment

Nothing happened here, you're still an idiot if you think the pharmaceutical companies aren't making exorbitant profits.

http://khn/morning-breakout/dr0004161/

http://www.wanttoknow.info/truthaboutdrugcompanies
                    So the whole profit margins thing flew right over your head?
                    Okay.

Comment

Okay.
                      Go to bed Meh.

Comment

Go to bed Meh.
                        You promise not to post after I log off?
                        I cannot sleep well if your taking shots at me while I doze.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                          You're not one of those informed people who watch news, are you? ~gasp~

How will the crazy propagandists on the right in the US ever convince you of their BS talking points? They'll have to covfefe.
                          Oh no, not that. Anything but that!
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

I'm not sure how hearing one side of the story makes you informed.
                            I thought skeptics were all about alternate points of view.
                            All of the news agencies I listed regularly feature discussion panels comprising a wide range of viewpoints.

Every day I turn on NPR and I listen until I count three lies and then I turn it off.
                            My record so far is 45 seconds.
                            And what is the source of your "truth" with which to compare: The Donald?

Yes, Trump is a pathological liar.

I have to ask for you to explain your point here because I know you don't feel that disqualifies him to be President.
                            It disqualifies him from being a trusted source of information.

To quote blessed Hillary: “When people in power invent their own facts and attack those who question them—it can mark the beginning of the end of a free society” Wellesley speech.
                            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Okay.
                              Very few folks seem to understand the difference between profits and profit margin.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post

To quote blessed Hillary: “When people in power invent their own facts and attack those who question them—it can mark the beginning of the end of a free society” Wellesley speech.
                                Is that the same place she rewrote history declaring that she won the 2016 election and that Nixon was impeached among other things the MSM will never call her out on?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment