Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump gives highly classified information to the Russians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
    They may amount to nothing but they warrant a full investigation nonetheless. Trump should be pleased to have the opportunity to clear his name
    The months of investigation going back since before the election have already amounted to nothing, but even a low-information moron like you should know by now that the Democrats who are calling for continued investigations have no interest in clearing Trump's name. That's not their goal here. They plan to keep digging until they find something, anything they consider politically useful.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
      Again, I think that for this to be used as evidence we should have access to a 'trail of bodies'.
      If we don't have access to the list then the evidence should be retracted.

Now then, I doubt you'll be able to produce this list of bodies but instead of this being vindication for Trump(1) let's take a look at a much larger problem. You see, instead of worrying about whether or not Trump is guilty or recoiling in horror that your source turned out to be a whack job I think you should be very, very angry that CNN lied to you. Why is it that some dork on TWEB has to ask the question "What bodies?" - how is it that an FBI agent can put such an astonishing claim out there and not be challenged by the reporter? Seriously, set the Trump thing aside for a moment and allow yourself to get angry that CNN is doing such a horrible job at getting you reliable information. You should be furious.

Can you see why CNN is referred to as fake news?

NOTES
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      1: I don't seek vindication for Trump. I play the long game, my friend.

Thank you for a friendly approach. There are some points in your text that I would like to comment on.

First of all I think quite many of you rush to the conclusion that the lists you have found contain all the information needed in order to see whether there is a connection. Mr Watts claims that:

"There’s been more dead Russians in the past three months that are tied to this investigation who have assets in banks all over the world." (https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/322310...ssia-election/ Crap source by the way but I don't believe they have made the words up).

Now feel free to think he has made that all up but if true then such information is not usually publicly available since it is based on intelligence and thus usually nowhere to be found on the internet. I agree that the connection is not easily made from information found on most of the available list but it does not follow that there is no connection. Claiming there is none is claiming that the man is just making it up.

Regarding your point that I should rather blame CNN, I think it is important to point out that Mr. Watts was quoted in all sorts of media from left to right basically saying the same stuff over and over again. He had said mainly the same words before the Senate Intelligence Committee. So at least CNN is not alone, but I know that some of you like to think that almost any sources are fake, so you will probably not be surprised to hear it

Apart from Clints words that more of them are tied to the investigation we also have different sources trying to dig into it to see what they are able to find though, as I have just stated, it may be difficult to do. Some claim that they are all related, which I don't believe.

Going for a much more conservative and reluctant approach, we could turn to USA Today:

In a very interesting article called "Mysterious rash of Russian deaths casts suspicion on Vladimir Putin" (also going further back in history) it is said that:

"Two of the recent victims, Oleg Erovinkin and Alex Oronov, have been described by Russian analysts as possibly connected to a dossier written by a former British spy about Trump and his campaign staff’s alleged collusion with Russian efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election."

There is a short description on the further circumstances but if you google it, you will find quite a lot more.

The article also has this specific point: "The list of recent deaths does not include Matthew Puncher, 46, a British polonium expert in the Litvinenko inquiry, reported to have stabbed himself to death in his home in Oxfordshire after returning from a trip to Russia last May."

The article called: Mystery death of ex-KGB chief linked to MI6 spy's dossier on Donald Trump is quite interesting. It does not conclude much but allows for many different interpretations.

Now, just to remind you, I have always held that this may turn out to be nothing at all, but I think it is fair to investigate further.
      Last edited by Charles; 05-25-2017, 03:16 PM.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• And if you look for clues on The Beatles' album covers and in their song lyrics, you'll discover that Paul McCartney died in a car crash and was replaced by an imposter.

Seriously, that's the level you conspiracy nuts are at with this Russia thing. Everything is a clue to you, and you think we'll finally discover the truth if only somebody can piece it all together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          And if you look for clues on The Beatles' album covers and in their song lyrics, you'll discover that Paul McCartney died in a car crash and was replaced by an imposter.

Seriously, that's the level you conspiracy nuts are at with this Russia thing. Everything is a clue to you, and you think we'll finally discover the truth if only somebody can piece it all together.
          You did not read it to the end: "Now, just to remind you, I have always held that this may turn out to be nothing at all, but I think it is fair to investigate further."
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
            You did not read it to the end: "Now, just to remind you, I have always held that this may turn out to be nothing at all, but I think it is fair to investigate further."
            There's no "may" about it, it IS nothing. We have officials ON RECORD and testifying UNDER OATH that there is no evidence implicating Trump in any of this. Any reasonable person would have concluded a long time ago that Trump is probably innocent, but a conspiracy nut like you sees something "suspicious" around every corner and demands endless investigations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              There's no "may" about it, it IS nothing. We have officials ON RECORD and testifying UNDER OATH that there is no evidence implicating Trump in any of this. Any reasonable person would have concluded a long time ago that Trump is probably innocent, but a conspiracy nut like you sees something "suspicious" around every corner and demands endless investigations.
              No, I just want the current investigations to be allowed to continue till they come to a conclusion. And it may be that there is nothing to it. But no reasonable person concludes beforehand based on investigation that only covered partly.

Comment

• Like any conspiracy nut, your "out" is, "It's probably nothing, but we won't know until we investigate! Don't you want to know the truth, man?"

Comment

• Ad hominem.

Comment

*snip moronic brain-dead liberal blather (1)*
                    You mentioned two names in the list of Russians who died.
                    1: Oleg Erovinkin
                    2: Alex Oronov

According to your source both of these men are tied to the MI-6 dossier as released by ex-British spy Christopher Steele. The problem is that this isn't a record of Trump and Russia cooperating but rather the Russians attempt to blackmail Trump into submission. This is problematic because to maintain the current email conspiracy the Russians are supposed to be working in collusion with Trump. It seems logical to me that you'd either have to discount the collusion or the blackmail, you cannot really have both.

Regardless, the dossier is considered to be largely fake by many of the organizations quoted as authoritative (FBI, ect).
                    It may be evidence of Russia attempting to blackmail Trump but what it doesn't contain is a Russia/Trump conspiracy to fix an election.
                    In fact, the dossier suggests that Putin was attempting to discredit/blackmail/whatever both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.
                    Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...Russia_dossier

It is true that the FBI is going to investigate this further.
                    Perhaps they've find something more substantive.

NOTES
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    1: I've included some insults so that I don't upset the TWEB censors.
                    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

• Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      1: I've included some insults so that I don't upset the TWEB censors.
                      But it was actually quite funny and since you also gave some comments on what I wrote and actually came up with some points I cannot use the "Ad hominen" statement this time.

Comment

Thank you for a friendly approach. There are some points in your text that I would like to comment on.

First of all I think quite many of you rush to the conclusion that the lists you have found contain all the information needed in order to see whether there is a connection. Mr Watts claims that:

"There’s been more dead Russians in the past three months that are tied to this investigation who have assets in banks all over the world." (https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/322310...ssia-election/ Crap source by the way but I don't believe they have made the words up).

Now feel free to think he has made that all up but if true then such information is not usually publicly available since it is based on intelligence and thus usually nowhere to be found on the internet. I agree that the connection is not easily made from information found on most of the available list but it does not follow that there is no connection. Claiming there is none is claiming that the man is just making it up.

Regarding your point that I should rather blame CNN, I think it is important to point out that Mr. Watts was quoted in all sorts of media from left to right basically saying the same stuff over and over again. He had said mainly the same words before the Senate Intelligence Committee. So at least CNN is not alone, but I know that some of you like to think that almost any sources are fake, so you will probably not be surprised to hear it

Apart from Clints words that more of them are tied to the investigation we also have different sources trying to dig into it to see what they are able to find though, as I have just stated, it may be difficult to do. Some claim that they are all related, which I don't believe.

Going for a much more conservative and reluctant approach, we could turn to USA Today:

In a very interesting article called "Mysterious rash of Russian deaths casts suspicion on Vladimir Putin" (also going further back in history) it is said that:

"Two of the recent victims, Oleg Erovinkin and Alex Oronov, have been described by Russian analysts as possibly connected to a dossier written by a former British spy about Trump and his campaign staff’s alleged collusion with Russian efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election."

There is a short description on the further circumstances but if you google it, you will find quite a lot more.

The article also has this specific point: "The list of recent deaths does not include Matthew Puncher, 46, a British polonium expert in the Litvinenko inquiry, reported to have stabbed himself to death in his home in Oxfordshire after returning from a trip to Russia last May."

The article called: Mystery death of ex-KGB chief linked to MI6 spy's dossier on Donald Trump is quite interesting. It does not conclude much but allows for many different interpretations.

Now, just to remind you, I have always held that this may turn out to be nothing at all, but I think it is fair to investigate further.
                        Excellent summary.

It may turn out to be "nothing", but Putin already has a record of disposing of inconvenient persons.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b137d8d84032

MM and his ilk will of course be denying Trumpian wrongdoing to the bitter end which, BTW, appears to be getting ever closer.
                        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          MM and his ilk ...
                          This should be shortened to Mmilk.
                          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

• I've always wanted my own ilk.

Comment

Ad hominem.
                              As the saying goes, "Just because it's an ad hominem doesn't mean it's wrong."

Comment

• If you call someone an ape is that a sub hominem attack?

Comment