Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump gives highly classified information to the Russians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's one of the problems I have (and y'all who know me know I have had no great love for Obama) The GOP went after and attacked Obama's adminstration non stop pretty much for everything. Now that Trump is in Office the DNC is going after him for pretty everything. Even some of the GOP really does not like him and I think for good reason. He's constantly being a poor sport and has a really bad case of foot in mouth syndrome. Does that not worry anyone of what could happen in the future considering we have issues with Syria, Russia and North Korea?
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
      "Guarantees"

You really are naive!!!
      The national news media are funded by the taxpayer and any citizen is free to criticise them if they believe they are biased. The MSM in the US, such as CNN and the New York Times, are very similar in content and style to the national broadcasters in my country and the UK.

There is something disturbingly weird about the likes of you accepting the self-centred lies of DJ Trump as 'gospel truth', whilst labelling any news media critical of him as fake news.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        There is something disturbingly weird about the likes of you accepting the self-centred lies of DJ Trump as 'gospel truth', whilst labelling any news media critical of him as fake news.
        I don't think anyone really approves of lying nor do I think anyone here believes Trump is always truthful.

The problem is, since we're no longer a nation ruled by law, but instead by oligarchs who selectively apply the law, and given that the Constitution is essentially rendered null and void by criminal judges who abuse their position, and so forth, it becomes a matter of picking the liar who has the best shot of slowing down the fall of our country. We have 20 trillion in debt (it jumps up by about 1 trillion per year) - at what point does this house of cards fall down?

Let us know when your side is willing to embrace the rule of law again - and we'll get together some people on our side interested in the same thing - and maybe we'll get our Democratic Republic back again.
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
          Here's one of the problems I have (and y'all who know me know I have had no great love for Obama) The GOP went after and attacked Obama's adminstration non stop pretty much for everything. Now that Trump is in Office the DNC is going after him for pretty everything.
          This is what has happened over the last several presidencies going back at least as far as Reagan. What is different now is how the opposition (which for the first time openly and unabashedly includes the MSM[1]) has no qualms making things up out of whole cloth. Trump is screwing up enough on his own for there to be a lot of legitimate criticism but that is not enough for those who hate him. Fabricating stories has now become completely acceptable.

1. From a just published Harvard study which analyzed coverage of Trump’s first 100 days in office across 10 major TV and print outlets:

As the report notes, "Trump’s coverage during his first 100 days set a new standard for negativity."
          Last edited by rogue06; 05-19-2017, 08:34 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I agree. The use of the "fake news" labelling is based in many cases on a rather naive idea that Trump says the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and that those who say the opposite are either evil, ignorant, selfish, blah, blah, blah. Reality is, of course, far more complex than that.
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              I agree. The use of the "fake news" labelling is based in many cases on a rather naive idea that Trump says the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and that those who say the opposite are either evil, ignorant, selfish, blah, blah, blah. Reality is, of course, far more complex than that.
              No, the fake news label is based on the fact that high profile news organizations are in the habit of publishing fake news, either deliberately or because they're too lazy or biased to do their due diligence.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                No, the fake news label is based on the fact that high profile news organizations are in the habit of publishing fake news, either deliberately or because they're too lazy or biased to do their due diligence.
                half the time all they do is report each other's articles as news.

"as reported in _____, blah blah blah"

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                  I think I've made it extremely clear that it's not really about fixing it.
                  If you'd made it clear, let alone "extremely" clear, I wouldn't have bothered responding they way I did.
                  It's about admitting you did something wrong in the first place. Some mistakes can't be fixed, but you will never learn from a mistake you don't admit even happened.
                  Sure. On the other hand, if there's no mistake, one shouldn't be forced to admit one.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    half the time all they do is report each other's articles as news.

"as reported in _____, blah blah blah"
                    If they even bother giving an attribution. Usually it's just "sources say" or "it has been reported".

My favorite is when an outlet like The New York Times or CNN debunks a story without bothering to mention that it was their story in the first place.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      And by sheer accident the label is often used by supporters of Trump... When media put him in a bad light... But of course the reason is not that some of those supporters believe a little too much in Trump. Of course not... Of course the media are just lying and faking... Of course...
                      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                        Does that not worry anyone of what could happen in the future considering we have issues with Syria, Russia
                        Sometimes Trump is puppet of Russia, sometimes Trump might start WW3 with Russia

Does that not worry anyone of what could happen in the future considering we have issues with Syria, Russia and North Korea?
                        In serious discussion about this, first thing to note is there already was serious incident with Syria, then North Korea. Potential for big conflict, but Trump handled it okay.

Mebbe you are serious, but way you approach question is like concern troll.
                        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                          And by sheer accident the label is often used by supporters of Trump... When media put him in a bad light... But of course the reason is not that some of those supporters believe a little too much in Trump. Of course not... Of course the media are just lying and faking... Of course...
                          Cross posted from another thread:

Even liberal news sources are starting to report that the coverage has been ridiculously unfair and is even dangerous:

From the Rolling Stone:
                          "It's why liberal thinkers have traditionally abhorred secret courts, secret surveillance and secret evidence, and in the past would have reflexively discouraged the news media from printing the unverified or unverifiable charges emanating from such secret sources. But because it's Donald Trump, no one seems to care."

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...-start-w482262

I'd like to welcome the first members of the liberal press to a place conservatives have been at for over a decade.
                          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                            Cross posted from another thread:

Even liberal news sources are starting to report that the coverage has been ridiculously unfair and is even dangerous:

From the Rolling Stone:
                            "It's why liberal thinkers have traditionally abhorred secret courts, secret surveillance and secret evidence, and in the past would have reflexively discouraged the news media from printing the unverified or unverifiable charges emanating from such secret sources. But because it's Donald Trump, no one seems to care."

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...-start-w482262

I'd like to welcome the first members of the liberal press to a place conservatives have been at for over a decade.
                            Speaking of re-posting something from another thread:
                            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            It is getting so bad that former Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward of Watergate fame said reporters need to "dial back" the anti-Trump coverage while he was on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," and even describing it as "binge drinking the anti-Trump Kool-Aid."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                              I don't think anyone really approves of lying nor do I think anyone here believes Trump is always truthful.
                              ...or ever truthful!

The problem is, since we're no longer a nation ruled by law, but instead by oligarchs who selectively apply the law, and given that the Constitution is essentially rendered null and void by criminal judges who abuse their position, and so forth, it becomes a matter of picking the liar who has the best shot of slowing down the fall of our country. We have 20 trillion in debt (it jumps up by about 1 trillion per year) - at what point does this house of cards fall down?
                              This is an unjustifiably negative view of the state of the Law in the US. For as long as there is a strong free press with active investigative journalism, and there is despite the Trump fuelled accusations of “fake news”, then the Democratic Republic is safe.
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

This is an unjustifiably negative view of the state of the Law in the US. For as long as there is a strong free press with active investigative journalism, and there is despite the Trump fuelled accusations of “fake news”, then the Democratic Republic is safe.
                                I hope you're correct.

Comment