Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I wonder what God will do with my life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder what God will do with my life.

Honestly I find the prospect fascinating.
    sigpic

One thing I find interesting is that God's people have achieved great things even while living in the most mundane of circumstances. Corrie ten Boom was just a woman who lived with her family and helped with their watch making business, and in that circumstance, did some amazing things.

This helps remind me that we don't need to feel "useless" just because we live what seem to be ordinary lives.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

The mundane is not so bad. It still has plenty of what makes life enjoyable. One can connect with others. I do wonder about my family. They used to be so angry. Now they ask about if I have looked into churches in town. They are not openly hostile, but I still pray that they may be saved.

I have not heard of this woman. Please do tell me more. That is if you don't mind.
      sigpic

Comment

Corrie ten Boom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrie_ten_Boom

http://tenboom.org/

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Impressive. I am shocked I didn't know of her before.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
            Impressive. I am shocked I didn't know of her before.
            You're young, still.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              You're young, still.

I hope even as I age that I may retain my enthusiasm. This world is a prismatic and strange place. It is like a marred painting. The original image smudged by something we all have but no one can washelp off. It is like stages. The play changing from Don Juan, to Lewis miss, or maybe to The Phantom yet you feel that something is missing from the pleasure seeking Don Juan or the Inspector Javert. The same despairing disgusting smudge hides in part the highest stage one can exist on. Relationship to Christ. In him we find ourselves clean. The gap between the infinite and finite finds a bridge. Pleasure and ethics find a new outlook. It is wonderful. It is terrific in both sensed of the word.
              sigpic

Comment