Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Special Counsel Appointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    For the sake of argument lets assume that your above accussations are true and that some people get away with crimes, should we therefore do away with the system. Oft times people get away with crimes, unless they can be proven guilty. Your answer to that would be what? A strong man, a dictator? You think dictators, Tyrants, don't get away with crimes? Jailing thousands of journalists as Putin and Erdogan are guilty of, assassinating their opposition, appointing their corrupt associates into all places of power whether political or corporate, and lining their own pockets with the wealth of the country. Did you know that Putin is the richest man in the world?
    My preferred way of handling the situation would be to actually follow our system which would be equal application of the law.
    Since that standard has been rejected, which is sad because it is a really awesome standard, I would want Trump as a dictator.

I wouldn't mind the abolition of Congress because they've already prostituted themselves out. When I see John McCain, Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Harry Reid, Maxine Waters I just see a bunch of disease infested whores. I've utterly no respect for any of them and their execution wouldn't cause me the least bit of sorrow. If the country is going to be raped and pillaged we don't need 500 liars to do that, it can be done with one dictator.

I wouldn't mind the rounding up of federal judges and piling them and their families in mass graves. Anyone arrogant enough to think that a black muumuu gives them the right to redefine the clear meaning of words from the bench, to enact law from the bench, and to cause the harm they've done - well, all of that harm can be done via a single strong man. We can get all of those lies and idiotic decrees from a single source. We certainly don't need judges for that nonsense.

I wouldn't mind the execution of every single member of the media. They don't tell the truth on anything ever and because of this they're undermining the country. That sort of orchestrated treason shouldn't be tolerated. The constant doses of arrogant, smarmy lies with absolutely no accountability is nauseating. Again, we don't need an entire press corps for misinformation, a single dictator can handle all that.

I regret sounding bloodthirsty, these people don't have to die; forced labor for the rest of their lives would be acceptable.

For me it really is a question of efficiency.
    Why employ millions for a job that can be done by a single man?
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Meh Gebril... I am not going to quote any of that stuff and I think you should reconsider whether it should be posted. You have had quite many good points. But the above is not worthy at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        Meh Gebril... I am not going to quote any of that stuff and I think you should reconsider whether it should be posted. You have had quite many good points. But the above is not worthy at all.
        How about dealing with this idea: Why employ millions for a job that can be done by a single man?

Let's say someone is going to throw out the rule of law and use the government to favor themselves with cash, cocaine, and call girls.

Would you please explain to me the difference of that happening when:
        1: It is done by a thousand men wearing muumuus
        2: It is done by a single man

I consider our current government to be a collective dictatorship.
        It is a bunch of oligarchs running around doing whatever the hell they want and they don't have to answer for it.
        We do NOT have the rule of lawn in this country right now - it is a collective dictatorship.

We've senior members of government who commit crimes and broad daylight and they don't answer for it while people like Seth Rich are assassinated for opposing it.
        So no, I'm not going to feel bad when the members of the collective dictatorship suffer the rightful fate of any dictator.
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

But the above is not worthy at all.
          I've thought more about this and I agree.
          It isn't a good thing to wish ill on others and I apologize.

It saddens me and it makes me angry that these people are selling out our country; however, I must not let my attitudes be driven by them.
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
            I've thought more about this and I agree.
            It isn't a good thing to wish ill on others and I apologize.

It saddens me and it makes me angry that these people are selling out our country; however, I must not let my attitudes be driven by them.
            Thanks.
            Great. Looking forward to continue our discussions.

Comment

Great. Looking forward to continue our discussions.
              Meh.

Comment

So after months of the Democrats begging for a special counsel to be appointed, the latest narrative from low-information morons seems to be, "If Trump didn't do anything wrong then why is there a special counsel, huh huh huh?"

And that's all the Democrats want. They want to keep this story alive by any means necessary because they think it will help them in the 2018 congressional elections.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  So after months of the Democrats begging for a special counsel to be appointed, the latest narrative from low-information morons seems to be, "If Trump didn't do anything wrong then why is there a special counsel, huh huh huh?"

And that's all the Democrats want. They want to keep this story alive by any means necessary because they think it will help them in the 2018 congressional elections.
                  And then some Republicans wanted a special counsel too (but they were of course not real Republicans according to MM)
                  And then some experts wanted a special counsel too (but they were of course not real experts according to MM)
                  And then some journalists wanted a special counsel too (but they were of course not real journalists according to MM)
                  And then some people just looking for the truth wanted a special counsel too (but they were of course not really looking for the truth according to MM)
                  And then some media wanteda special counsel too (but they were of course fake media according to MM)
                  And then Charles wanted a special counsel too (but he was of course a conspiracy nut according to MM)

And then Rubio said some very wise words regarding the claim that this should be some kind of witch hunt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i66ZjvLWGYk (But i suppose we will very soon learn that Rubio is neither wise, nor Republican, nor looking for the truth according to MM)

And now Mountain Man is probably about to repeat that there is no evidence (but in fact there is evidence to the fact that such a statement i wrong).

Comment

And now Mountain Man is probably about to repeat that there is no evidence (but in fact there is evidence to the fact that such a statement i wrong).
                    Really? You have evidence that Trump colluded with Russia? Then cough it up, champ, because there are a lot of people in Washington who would love to see it!

Comment

Really? You have evidence that Trump colluded with Russia? Then cough it up, champ, because there are a lot of people in Washington who would love to see it!

They are looking for evidence in the context of "high confidence" and that does not yet exist to my knowledge and if it does we are not aware of it. But evidence below that threshold has been described in quite many cases. Foreign intelligence services warned againt Trump just to mention one. Then there is the trail of dead Russians. There was the personal dossier about Trump. His giving away of highly classified information under doubtful circumstances. His firing of Comey. And lots of stuff that has been discussed in here and elsewhere.

Now all of this is not proof, but evidence is not only proof but can be hints, indications and so on. It is enough to allow for the possibility that there might be more to this. It does not mean that it its the case, but it could be fair to look furhter into it.

You - and quite many others - seem to miss the distinction between evidence with high confidence and evidence in general. In the last case the thresholds can be rather low. And thus your statement that no evidence exists wrongly gives the impression that not even the slightest hint exist. Evidence as low as the slightest hint exists. Whether there is anything to it remains to be seen.
                      Last edited by Charles; 05-22-2017, 11:47 AM.

Comment

This isn't only about Trump, its about his campaign associates. For that there is plenty of evidence. I hear that Gen. Flynn is going to plead the 5th. Do you remember what your corrupt hero Trump said in the campaign regarding pleading the 5th? "if he pleading the 5th he must be guilty!" Trump knew of the investigation into Flynn, and of his guilt long before firing him, and tried to shut the investigation down. Thats what you call evidence against Trump himself!

Comment

Wow, Jim, I really hope you never serve on a jury.

Comment

Wow, Jim, I really hope you never serve on a jury.
                            Ad hominem.

Comment

interesting that Charles ignores this little slip of the tongue by Jeffrey Tobin about the real reason for this witch hunt

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              CNN legal analyst Jeffery Toobin spilled the beans in an interview in the New Yorker when he admitted that no evidence has been found of collusion between Trump and the Russians and very likely none will ever be found and that he is instead hoping that a fishing expedition by the new Special Counsel Robert Mueller might dig up something politically damaging to Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                                interesting that Charles ignores this little slip of the tongue by Jeffrey Tobin about the real reason for this witch hunt
                                Can you provide a link? Don't forget that no man can talk on behalf of everyone in this case even if he did say those words.

Comment