Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Special Counsel Appointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    Can you provide a link? Don't forget that no man can talk on behalf of everyone in this case even if he did say those words.
    you will have to ask rogue he's teh one that pointed it out

Comment

There was a mountain of evidence surrounding Hillary's email scandal, but liberals said, "That doesn't mean she's guilty!"

There is zero evidence linking Trump to Russia, but liberals say, "That doesn't mean he's innocent!"

You can't make this up, folks.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
        you will have to ask rogue he's teh one that pointed it out
        As I noted it was in The New Yorker (although I think I said it was an interview when it was piece written by him) called "A Special Rule For Robert Mueller."

After noting that it'll probably be "difficult to identify any criminal laws violated by the Trump campaign’s contacts with Russia" and acknowledging that "it is not immediately clear what crimes may have been committed" (pretty much echoing what folks like Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, Michael Morell[1], and others have acknowledged -- that no evidence has been found of collusion between the Trump and the Russians), Toobin continues by noting that Mueller will still be able to gather a lot of information including possibly Trump's tax returns which he hopes will then be made public ("If Mueller doesn’t bring any cases, the tax returns and interviews might never be made public; but the contents of both could be included in a report").

IOW, while grudgingly admitting that there isn't any evidence that supports any conspiracy between Trump and the Russians there still might be a windfall of information obtained that could be politically damaging to Trump which he is hoping that Deputy Attorney General Rod Jay Rosenstein will release.

In short he is hoping that a fishing expedition will find something, anything, that can be used to politically embarrass Trump since it looks like the Trump Russia conspiracy theory is likely a complete bust.

1. former acting head of the CIA for President Obama and avid Hillary Clinton supporter who has said: "On the question of the Trump campaign conspiring with the Russians here, there’s smoke, but there’s no fire at all," and then added, "There’s no little campfire; there’s no little candle; there’s no spark. And there’s a lot of people looking for it."
        Last edited by rogue06; 05-22-2017, 07:21 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          ...pretty much echoing what folks like Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, Michael Morell[1], and others have acknowledged...
          Among those "others" is James Clapper, former director of national intelligence under Obama who stated under oath that he was not aware of any evidence linking Trump to Russia.

But Charles is well aware of this because I've shown him the quotes in other threads.

Comment

As I noted it was in The New Yorker (although I think I said it was an interview when it was piece written by him) called "A Special Rule For Robert Mueller."

After noting that it'll probably be "difficult to identify any criminal laws violated by the Trump campaign’s contacts with Russia" and acknowledging that "it is not immediately clear what crimes may have been committed" (pretty much echoing what folks like Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, Michael Morell[1], and others have acknowledged -- that no evidence has been found of collusion between the Trump and the Russians), Toobin continues by noting that Mueller will still be able to gather a lot of information including possibly Trump's tax returns which he hopes will then be made public ("If Mueller doesn’t bring any cases, the tax returns and interviews might never be made public; but the contents of both could be included in a report").

IOW, while grudgingly admitting that there isn't any evidence that supports any conspiracy between Trump and the Russians there still might be a windfall of information obtained that could be politically damaging to Trump which he is hoping that Deputy Attorney General Rod Jay Rosenstein will release.

In short he is hoping that a fishing expedition will find something, anything, that can be used to politically embarrass Trump since it looks like the Trump Russia conspiracy theory is likely a complete bust.

1. former acting head of the CIA for President Obama and avid Hillary Clinton supporter who has said: "On the question of the Trump campaign conspiring with the Russians here, there’s smoke, but there’s no fire at all," and then added, "There’s no little campfire; there’s no little candle; there’s no spark. And there’s a lot of people looking for it."
            found the link for you Rogue http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-...robert-mueller

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post

I had the print copy and thought the interwebz version was behind a pay wall. Tomorrow's garbage and recycling day and no need to keep it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                So after months of the Democrats begging for a special counsel to be appointed, the latest narrative from low-information morons seems to be, "If Trump didn't do anything wrong then why is there a special counsel, huh huh huh?"

And that's all the Democrats want. They want to keep this story alive by any means necessary because they think it will help them in the 2018 congressional elections.
                The Democrats don't need to "keep this story alive", Trump can do this all by himself...on a daily basis.
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

A quote from the article:

"It may well be difficult to identify any criminal laws violated by the Trump campaign’s contacts with Russia. It will be important for Mueller to investigate, for example, whether anyone associated with the Trump campaign aided and abetted the hacking of e-mail accounts connected to Hillary Clinton’s campaign; that would certainly be a federal crime. But unlike, say, the Watergate investigation, which began with a break-in, it is not immediately clear what crimes may have been committed."

So where does this rule out the possibility of a conspiracy? He says that it may be difficult to identify what criminal laws has been violated (if any), but he does not rule out the possibility. You make it seem as if the idea of finding evidence is all dead? He does not say that.

Then regarding your point about information that could be politically damaging he himself says:

"There will be great pressure, at least from Democrats, to release Mueller’s findings. But, based on the regulation, it appears that Rosenstein’s decision on disclosure will be final and unreviewable by any court."

So while I do not necessarily agree with him on everything I think your presentation is a stretch.
                  "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                    Ad hominem.
                    In JimL's case, Ad Truthiem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Wow, Jim, I really hope you never serve on a jury.
                      Hey MM, do you remember what Gen. Flynn had to say about asking for immunity. "Innocent people don't ask for immunity." I guess from that we can assume he is guilty eh?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Hey MM, do you remember what Gen. Flynn had to say about asking for immunity. "Innocent people don't ask for immunity." I guess from that we can assume he is guilty eh?
                        I disagree with Gen. Flynn.
                        Given the current environment (unnamed sources can sabotage your career) I'm considering asking for immunity.

I don't work in government, I've never been to Washington, and I have no affiliation with a political party but if my neighbor wanted my property he could accuse me of "Russian email something or other" and I'd be put in a dark hole for the rest of my life. Unlike the DNC I don't have the privilege of killing people who embarrass me.
                        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Capture.jpg
                          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]22477[/ATTACH]
                            This should be interesting...
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Based on today's hearings, it sounds like the Washington establishment is trying to shift the focus away from whether or not the investigation even has merit (it doesn't) and are attempting a "pivot" to a new narrative that the Trump administration somehow tried to impede their unwarranted investigation.

Trump was right, it's a classic witch-hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                                This should be interesting...
                                Meh... he ended up being a drama queen.

Comment