Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Religious People Are Less Intelligent, But We Win Anyway...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    Atheists are (only on the average) slightly more intelligent than the religious. But tall people are (only on the average) slightly more intelligent than short people, and men more than women, and Asians more than Caucasians, and so on ad nauseam. A pointless bit of statistics that says absolutely nothing about any individual anywhere.
    Science denier!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Let no one deceive himself. If any of you thinks he is wise in this age, he should become a fool, so that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. Paul...
      Right, the fool is wise, and the wise are fools. What a foolish statement. Of course, only fools, or the naive, are susceptible to such illogical gibberish!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I guess the people who did that study didn't meet the atheists on the internet.
        You mean here on Tweb. Right?
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

ok looking back at history, what great thinkers and scientists were atheists? Heck not even Darwin, the atheist's god. A few philosophers, in the last 100 years or so, maybe.

If this study were true, you would expect all of the geniuses throughout history to have been atheists. Instead up until the last century, almost none of them were. Did people suddenly get more intelligent? Or is it just that science ostracizes any of their group that professes to be religious, leaving mostly atheists?
          I think the designation of 'genius' pretty much falls outside any average categorical studies.
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Right, the fool is wise, and the wise are fools. What a foolish statement. Of course, only fools, or the naive, are susceptible to such illogical gibberish!
            The study must be true. JimL is the exception that proves the rule!

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
              I think the designation of 'genius' pretty much falls outside any average categorical studies.
              well if the more intelligent you are the less you believe in God, then the geniuses of history should be all atheists.

Comment

well if the more intelligent you are the less you believe in God, then the geniuses of history should be all atheists.
                They're talking an average across a population (as measured in the modern era).
                You're talking specific individuals throughout time.
                Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

They're talking an average across a population (as measured in the modern era).
                  You're talking specific individuals throughout time.
                  I understand. But if their conclusion is true, it would show up in the smartest group of people across history. If it only works with average people in today's population, then it means nothing. the thesis is that more intelligent people don't believe in God. I checked that by looking at the smartest people. They believed in God. Why would it only work in today's society in an average population and not throughout history? People are not smarter or dumber today than yesteryear. Are you a chronosnob?

Comment

I understand. But if their conclusion is true, it would show up in the smartest group of people across history. If it only works with average people in today's population, then it means nothing. the thesis is that more intelligent people don't believe in God. I checked that by looking at the smartest people. They believed in God. Why would it only work in today's society in an average population and not throughout history? People are not smarter or dumber today than yesteryear. Are you a chronosnob?
                    I am a chronosnob, but because I believe that the average IQ of someone a thousand years ago would be higher than the average today.
                    I believe the human race is getting weaker and dumber.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Science denier!
                      Thhhhbbb! My post was science, so there.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I am a chronosnob, but because I believe that the average IQ of someone a thousand years ago would be higher than the average today.
                        I believe the human race is getting weaker and dumber.
                        I agree. We are becoming more dependent on technology instead of our brains. And we coddle the weak and give everyone a trophy. We bring the brightest down to the level of the dumbest, so as not to offend.

Comment

I agree. We are becoming more dependent on technology instead of our brains. And we coddle the weak and give everyone a trophy. We bring the brightest down to the level of the dumbest, so as not to offend.
                          Eh, don't confuse conditions here with conditions world-wide.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I think genetic atrophy is happening as well.
                            I don't think we have the capacity to be as intelligent as the ancients.

Comment

We're probably only a few generations away from being able to genetically modify everyone to make them smarter. That will hopefully solve the people becoming stupider problem.
                              Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by stfoskey15 View Post
                                We're probably only a few generations away from being able to genetically modify everyone to make them smarter.
                                Don't worry - we won't last that long...
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment