Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Religious People Are Less Intelligent, But We Win Anyway...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stfoskey15 View Post
    We're probably only a few generations away from being able to genetically modify everyone to make them smarter. That will hopefully solve the people becoming stupider problem.

There are an awful lot of intelligent yet stupid people out there.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The other thing is that there are a lot of atheists who eventually become religious. I was one. Well at least "agnostic" and there are religious who become atheist. I don't think intelligence has much to do with it. Religion isn't rocket science. It is easy to evaluate the evidence if you bother to even try studying. Most atheists I know, don't even bother. They read popular atheist books and have the conceit that they are "too intelligent" to fall for that religious claptrap and then go on the internet and hang out on places like facebook and tweb and make a fool of themselves when they come in contact with theists who actually have studied and even went to school to learn their religion. This is why guys like JP Holding can so easily mop the floor with the internet atheists. And why we don't even take people like Tassman, firstfloor or JimL serious.

Comment

What did we win?
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
          What did we win?
          Eternal Life.

Comment

What did we win?
            Well we would win the population race, and eventually wipe out atheists by demographics. Kind of like how Islam is winning the demographic race in Europe.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Well we would win the population race, and eventually wipe out atheists by demographics. Kind of like how Islam is winning the demographic race in Europe.
              There are now more avowed atheists (by far) than there has ever been, which is sort of the opposite direction of the OP's prediction.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Eternal Life.
                Do we still have to sing the whole time? I hope not....
                "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                  No, but the tone-deaf guy right beside you will do it anyway.

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    No, but the tone-deaf guy right beside you will do it anyway.

Quit spreading rumors about me!
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                      sorry, them's the rules. Harps and clouds forever.

Comment

There are now more avowed atheists (by far) than there has ever been, which is sort of the opposite direction of the OP's prediction.
                        Yes, but that will change. The religious folks are having more children but that change won't be noticed for a while. Though you can see it with Muslim birth rates in Europe presently.
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Yes, but that will change. The religious folks are having more children but that change won't be noticed for a while. Though you can see it with Muslim birth rates in Europe presently.
                          well if the study is correct, it doesn't matter which group has the most children, only if the children are smart or dumb.

and since there will always be more average people than smart ones (after all that is what AVERAGE intelligence means right?) atheists will always be in the minority.

If you have three groups: dumb, average, and smart. and only the smart will be atheists, then all of the average and dumb people will believe in religion, and will way out number the atheists.
                          Last edited by Sparko; 05-19-2017, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Religious folk may be having more children, but the children are being educated in secularist classrooms here, and aren't being equipped to deal with other POVs in church. A large percentage of children leave the faith of their parents during college, many times permanently. As long as THAT happens, atheism will continue to spread.
                            sigpic

Comment

Religious folk may be having more children, but the children are being educated in secularist classrooms here, and aren't being equipped to deal with other POVs in church. A large percentage of children leave the faith of their parents during college, many times permanently. As long as THAT happens, atheism will continue to spread.
                              Are you saying that generations of teaching our kids that long hair on men is 'bad' has somehow left them ill equipped for the real world?
                              When exactly did you decide to not love Jesus anymore?
                              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Are you saying that generations of teaching our kids that long hair on men is 'bad' has somehow left them ill equipped for the real world?
                                When exactly did you decide to not love Jesus anymore?
                                Probably listens to the devil's music (I've seen him mention that wretched "heavy metal") and drinks the devil's brew (beer, of course), too.
                                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment