Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvard Study: Media Bias Against Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
    This just in: media coverage of Kim Jong-un has been overwhelmingly negative. Why is the media so biased against the guy? Could it be that he just keeps staying stupid/insane things.
    I've found the North Korean press to be almost 100% positive for Kim Jong-un.
    Kind of sad when I can find more positive news sources for Kim Jong-un, who enslaves his own people, than for Trump, who has the audacity to be served two scopes of ice cream.

^---- What that means is your example just shot itself in the foot.

BTW, when Pence takes over they'll crucify him as well - just like Reid did to Romney (lied about taxes to bury Romney) or the hit piece by NBC on Bush (turned out to be totally false). But yeah, ignore the Harvard study and the fact 95% of journalists are Democrats. Stupid statistics.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      So you really think Trump is deserving of the overwhelmingly negative coverage he gets from the media? You don't think the reporting could be just a little more balanced when it comes to our own President?
      It is getting so bad that former Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward of Watergate fame said reporters need to "dial back" the anti-Trump coverage while he was on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," and even describing it as "binge drinking the anti-Trump Kool-Aid."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
        I've found the North Korean press to be almost 100% positive for Kim Jong-un.
        Kind of sad when I can find more positive news sources for Kim Jong-un, who enslaves his own people, than for Trump, who has the audacity to be served two scopes of ice cream.

^---- What that means is your example just shot itself in the foot.

BTW, when Pence takes over they'll crucify him as well - just like Reid did to Romney (lied about taxes to bury Romney) or the hit piece by NBC on Bush (turned out to be totally false). But yeah, ignore the Harvard study and the fact 95% of journalists are Democrats. Stupid statistics.
        and Starlight would prefer that 100 percent of the journalists be Democrats. showing how closed minded he is since he only wants to hear one side.

Comment

So you really think Trump is deserving of the overwhelmingly negative coverage he gets from the media? You don't think the reporting could be just a little more balanced when it comes to our own President?
          I do think the media is a bit excessive with the Russian collusion thing, due to lack of any real evidence. Just about everything else is fair game.
          Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Even liberal news sources are starting to report that the coverage has been ridiculously unfair and is even dangerous:

From the Rolling Stone:
            "It's why liberal thinkers have traditionally abhorred secret courts, secret surveillance and secret evidence, and in the past would have reflexively discouraged the news media from printing the unverified or unverifiable charges emanating from such secret sources. But because it's Donald Trump, no one seems to care."

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...-start-w482262

I'd like to welcome the first members of the liberal press to a place conservatives have been at for over a decade.
            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
              So in other words you are saying You don't want to hear anything that does not agree with your view. That is definition of a closed mind.
              We already knew that, RTT.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                No, just further from reality.
                Let us remember 'reality', by Fake News:

Fake News: Trump will lose, no road to 270 etc etc etc

Libtards (parroting): Trump will lose, no road to 270 etc etc etc

demi: It's gonna be Trumpslide!!!

Actual day:

Libtards: https://youtu.be/g9WvPi5S2BE

demi:
                Last edited by demi-conservative; 05-19-2017, 11:30 PM.
                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Conservatives have got to stop shooting the messenger.

He's getting overwhelmingly negative coverage because he has no idea what he's doing at all, which has resulted in his presidency being full of idiotic mistakes that the media can't help but cover -- it's their job to do so. What are they so supposed to do, pretend his incompetence and corruption doesn't exist?

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                    Let us remember 'reality', by Fake News:

Fake News: Trump will lose, no road to 270 etc etc etc

Libtards (parroting): Trump will lose, no road to 270 etc etc etc

demi: It's gonna be Trumpslide!!!

Actual day:

Libtards: https://youtu.be/g9WvPi5S2BE

demi:
                    Good grief, you idiots have been celebrating for seven months now.

Stop crowing, start producing results.

Comment

I wonder how you feel about the overwhelmingly negative coverage of Obama by FOX for eight years.

Justified, right?

Comment

Good grief, you idiots have been celebrating for seven months now.

Stop crowing, start producing results.
                        Lots of good stuff happened, probably no recent president did as much in so short time (which is why fake news media lie and says he failed)

Off top of head:
                        1) SCOTUS: Scalia replacement in
                        2) TPP: killed
                        3) Jobs: YUUUUUGE number of new jobs, hundreds of thousands upon hundreds of thousand
                        4) Wall: last I heard they testing prototypes, progressing well!!!
                        5) Deportation of illgals: ICE deporting them, also
                        6) Illegal immigration: YUUUUGE drop in illegals coming in!!!
                        7) Rebalancing trade with China (also other countries): new trade deals with China signed recently
                        8) Keystone pipeline: approved
                        9) Syria (&Russia), NK (&China): handled okay with no WW3
                        10) Obamacare: repeal in progress

I repeat myself but fake news media says Trump failed, so 'I can think for myself' you parrot and say he failed
                        Last edited by demi-conservative; 05-20-2017, 01:01 AM.
                        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                          I do think the media is a bit excessive with the Russian collusion thing, due to lack of any real evidence. Just about everything else is fair game.
                          Granted for the sake of argument, but you don't think they could balance the bad with the good? And please don't say there's nothing positive to report about Trump.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I wonder how you feel about the overwhelmingly negative coverage of Obama by FOX for eight years.

Justified, right?
                            Was FOX overwhelmingly negative when it came to Obama? I'm not sure. I thought they were pretty evenhanded, all things considered, and if they were overwhelmingly negative, it was offset by the overwhelmingly positive coverage he got from every other mainstream outlet. Trump is getting nothing but negative, except for FOX which is about 50/50 positive versus negative.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Justified, right?
                              Out of the hundreds of news sources (including tax payer funded NPR) you found one that actually criticize Obama?
                              This isn't helping your case if you're trying to establish media credibility.

Fox News Negative Coverage Of Obama (during campaign): 46% - MSNBC was more negative towards Obama.
                              Source: http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/...ox-news-148088

I know the Fox News bias ya'll were taught in school just doesn't pan out in actual studies.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                                Because I see what different people say and use my brain. Trump says one thing, his spokespeople another, and the media another, and then a day later stories change. I get a feel for who is a pathological liar (Trump) and who is usually more accurate than not (the media).
                                So instead of citing biased news sources for your viewpoint you've back peddled to citing yourself as the reliable source.
                                Okay.

Comment