Samurai Jack is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samurai Jack is over.

And so part of my childhood has grown with me.
    Some may think stories and myths as childish. Cs lewis would disagree. Myths and stories display a part of reality. Christianity however is written in history.
    sigpic

What a marvelous finale. The tree Jack was standing under at the end represented Ashi...her roots were dark and twisted but she blossomed into something beautiful. Ashi was an embodiment of hope that was taken away; but such hope never truly fades away, and she lives on forever in the memory of Samurai Jack.

Ashi_and_ladybug.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
      And so part of my childhood has grown with me.
      Some may think stories and myths as childish. Cs lewis would disagree. Myths and stories display a part of reality. Christianity however is written in history.
      I am not sold on CS Lewis's philosophical idealism concerning Christianity. It is not a matter of being childish, but neither do these myths and stories present a coherent nature of reality.

The scripture of Judaism and Christianity, and the evolution of Christianity is set in history, the Bible is not an accurate history.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        I am not sold on CS Lewis's philosophical idealism concerning Christianity. It is not a matter of being childish, but neither do these myths and stories present a coherent nature of reality.

The scripture of Judaism and Christianity, and the evolution of Christianity is set in history, the Bible is not an accurate history.
        go away village idiot
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I am not sold on CS Lewis's philosophical idealism concerning Christianity.
          I am not sold on your ability to have any idea what the heck you're talking about on any given subject. That won't stop you from blathering on about it.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

You never miss a chance to take a shot at Christianity, do you?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              go away village idiot
              Self imposed ignorance on your part. Troll!
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

You never miss a chance to take a shot at Christianity, do you?
                Traditional Christianity claims are an easy hit based ancient mythology.

Frank

Comment