Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Middle Eastern tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Except in Obama's case, his deep, almost subservient bows were an embarrassment to the US.
    I don't think so. I think he was just showing respect and the republicans blew it out of proportion just like the democrats are doing with Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      the whole argument is ignorant. In some cultures, bowing is just a respectful greeting, like shaking hands. It means nothing subservient.
      True. As noted there are different degrees of "bowing" and Obama's were characterized by the Japanese as being what a low level servant does in front of his lord. It actually made them uncomfortable to see Obama doing that.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Some commentators have noticed that Trump was treated with so much respect overseas while he is treated with derision at home, which is an odd contrast. Netanyahu seemed absolutely thrilled to once again be meeting with a President who has earned Israel's respect, unlike Obama who went out of his way to insult our allies.

Even liberal hack Bob Scheifhfer conceded that Trump looked Presidential as he met with Middle Eastern leaders.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...-presidential/

Of course it helps when you don't have a president who grovels at the feet of foreign leaders.
        While some are desperately trying to spin this trip as some sort of flop even CNN Politics editor-at-large Chris Cillizza has admitted that "Donald Trump's foreign trip is going smoothly" being "defined thus far by its smoothness and general lack of controversy," and saying it's "been the best six days of his presidency in quite some time."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
          Cash, Cocaine, and Call Girls.
          I suspect that you had a neon sign made saying that which is currently hanging in your basement because Mrs. Gerbil wouldn't let you put it over the mantle.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I don't think so. I think he was just showing respect and the republicans blew it out of proportion just like the democrats are doing with Trump.
            I remember some in the mainstream media quietly criticizing Obama's behavior as awkward, naive, and against the advice of his advisors, but of course they were shouted down by "body language experts" who seemed to dominate the early days of Obama's presidency.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

If I ever meet the Japanese Prime Minister I'm going to punch him in the face.
              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

If I ever meet the Japanese Prime Minister I'm going to punch him in the face.
                You better not. Think of how the body language experts might interpret it.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You better not. Think of how the body language experts might interpret it.
                  I'm still upset about Pearl Harbor.
                  Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Trying to upstage Trump[1], Obama has traveled to Germany where he took a potshot at his successor, "In this new world that we live in we can’t isolate ourselves,” Obama said. "We can’t hide behind a wall."

Ironically, Obama made this statement from behind a wall and numerous other barricades

Obama-wall-Berlin.jpg
                    Spectators attempt to photograph Obama behind security barricade

1. In what the Daily Wire calls a "Pathetic 'Look At Me'" trip.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Trying to upstage Trump[1], Obama has traveled to Germany where he took a potshot at his successor, "In this new world that we live in we can’t isolate ourselves,” Obama said. "We can’t hide behind a wall."

Ironically, Obama made this statement from behind a wall and numerous other barricades

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22537[/ATTACH]
                      Spectators attempt to photograph Obama behind security barricade

1. In what the Daily Wire calls a "Pathetic 'Look At Me'" trip.
                      I found another story at that site very informative about the Obama's. On their Trip to Saudi Arabia she wore a Hajib. but when it comes to a Christian church well a picture is worth 1000 words. photo found here

What Michelle Obama thinks is appropite attire for a cathedral.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                        I found another story at that site very informative about the Obama's. On their Trip to Saudi Arabia she wore a Hajib. but when it comes to a Christian church well a picture is worth 1000 words. photo found here

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22540[/ATTACH]
                        I somehow doubt that is Michelle Obama.
                        I don't care for her politics but they'd have to be insane to let the first lady go out like that.

Comment

I don't care for her politics but they'd have to be insane to let the first lady go out like that.
                          she isn't the first lady now and this was taken on the "Vacation" trip the Obama's are on now

Comment

It is Michelle while in Tuscany

0000000000000ffamo.jpg

Where she wore a similar outfit

0000000000000ffamo2.jpg

Comment

That looks as if she is catching it after the strap fell down.

Comment

That looks as if she is catching it after the strap fell down.
                                But let it hang the rest of the time as well as with different tops?

Comment