Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Manchester England, Bombing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    You two sound like two kids arguing about whether they will still be able to play with dolls when they grow up.
    Action figures

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You two sound like two kids arguing about whether they will still be able to play with dolls when they grow up.
      People don't grow up; they just get bigger. ;)

Comment

Good catch officers!

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — There are growing concerns about the arrest of two brothers with ties to the Middle East who authorities say had an arsenal with bomb-making materials, guns and ammunition in their car.

Twenty-seven-year-old Abdullah Alrifahe and 26-year-old Majid Alrifahe were arrested on May 11 in north Minneapolis.

Abdullah is being held in the Hennepin County Jail. His brother, Majid, has been released and is facing minor charges.

WCCO-TV has confirmed that both Homeland Security and the FBI are involved in the investigation, which started outside a federally-subsidized senior housing project. A good Samaritan confronted the men about littering from their car.

The man, who asked that his name not be used for fear of his safety, said the brothers jumped out of their car, moved aggressively toward him and used the N-word. He then called police.

Inside the brothers’ car, police found a loaded AK-47, another rifle, a handgun, a grenade, large amounts of ammunition, and what would later be identified as bomb-making materials, including a drone.
        http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/0...rsenal-arrest/
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          wait. they had an AK-47 and a trunk full of bomb materials and they let one of them go with "minor charges"?

What, they didn't want to hurt their feelings?

Comment

wait. they had an AK-47 and a trunk full of bomb materials and they let one of them go with "minor charges"?

What, they didn't want to hurt their feelings?
            Their worse crime was using the N word!
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Their worse crime was using the N word!
              well as long as they are not Republican or White, I guess that is OK.

Comment

Yeah but then where does he stop? If he starts preventing sin, we have no free will. Or it means he has to destroy everyone alive.
                Yet you were the one asking God to prevent sin in the first place.

Jesus and the gospel.
                Good luck converting 1.8 billion people.

But aren't you a Deist? So your god just doesn't give a rip either way?
                More or less. That's why I'm not praying for anything.

Winning the World War that we are in. Or hanging back and letting Islam take the world.
                How will we win? We can't exactly conquer the Middle East and force Christianity (or any other belief system) on the people there. And if we were to do that, we'd be no better than the jihadists.

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                I think we both realize we're living through the sunset of Western Civilization.
                Y'all are so pessimistic. I'm sure many in the West would have thought the same thing with the rise of fascism and communism 80-100 years ago, but Western Civilization survived that. Radical Islamic terrorism is nowhere near as deadly in the West as fascism or communism was.
                Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                  I have a somewhat different view of paradise.

I think of paradise as mankind being returned to his role as caretaker for the earth.
                  As such we'll have bodies, our feet will get muddy from time to time, and we'll share a renewed earth.
                  We'll still eat, drink, and pOOp - and play tag football on the lawn while mossrose knits sweaters for squirrels.

I don't believe mankind was made for 24/7 overt worship and I don't think we'll be doing that in the hereafter.
                  that's pretty much my view. We will be what God intended when he made Adam and Eve, but in their case he never got to that point because they sinned first.

whether that includes having sex or there being something better that we can't imagine, I don't know. But God did make us physical creatures and he gave us sexes for a reason. I don't think angels have genders because they have no reason for it. I don't think Jesus was teaching a biology lesson to the Pharisees about heaven, he was just telling them that they were so clueless about what heaven would be like that their idiotic argument about who would marry who was as dumb as this argument is here. We don't really know much about heaven so such arguments based on our lives now are useless and juvenile.
                  I agree that we are made as physical beings, but we will not be living on an earth like this one, it will be a "new creation" not a rehash of this one which was never intended to be permanent. We know almost nothing about what heaven will be like or what we will be doing. I hope to garden and keep bees.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by stfoskey15 View Post
                    More or less. That's why I'm not praying for anything.
                    So you slam our God for allowing temporary evil, for a greater and eternal good, yet your god is completely apathetic toward the plight and suffering of man. Nice...

How will we win? We can't exactly conquer the Middle East and force Christianity (or any other belief system) on the people there. And if we were to do that, we'd be no better than the jihadists.
                    What did we do to the Germans and Japanese? Did that make us no better than them? But I'm not saying that we need forced conversion, but this battle is worldwide and will not end until these Jihadists are significantly reduced and destroyed. Somehow we have to get moderate Muslims to ascend in the Islamic world.

Comment

• Originally posted by stfoskey15 View Post
                      Yet you were the one asking God to prevent sin in the first place.
                      I was talking about all sin. Making the earth sinless. thus my question "Where does he stop?"

Sure he could have stopped Islam from starting up in the first place. I am sure he had his reasons for not doing so. Such as free will. Will God stop Islam because of my prayer? I doubt it. I think it is really up to us to do that. But God will help us as we spread the gospel. You have to admit, if everyone lived by the teachings of Jesus, there would be no terrorism in the world.

Matthew 5:43“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be children of your Father in heaven.

Good luck converting 1.8 billion people.
                      It is the commission that Jesus gave to us. Been doing it for 2000 years now.

Comment

• Multiculturalism in action...

Huge scale of terror threat revealed: UK home to 23,000 jihadists

Intelligence officers have identified 23,000 jihadist extremists living in Britain as potential terrorist attackers, it emerged yesterday.

The scale of the challenge facing the police and security services was disclosed by Whitehall sources after criticism that multiple opportunities to stop the Manchester bomber had been missed.

About 3,000 people from the total group are judged to pose a threat and are under investigation or active monitoring in 500 operations being run by police and intelligence services. The 20,000 others have featured in previous inquiries and are categorised as posing a “residual risk”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/h...ists-3zvn58mhq

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                          So you slam our God for allowing temporary evil, for a greater and eternal good, yet your god is completely apathetic toward the plight and suffering of man. Nice...
                          I don't believe God is both omnipotent and omnibenevolent.

What did we do to the Germans and Japanese? Did that make us no better than them? But I'm not saying that we need forced conversion, but this battle is worldwide and will not end until these Jihadists are significantly reduced and destroyed. Somehow we have to get moderate Muslims to ascend in the Islamic world.
                          Not send millions of them to concentration camps and treat their captured prisoners somewhat decently. I do agree with your last sentence in that statement.

I was talking about all sin. Making the earth sinless. thus my question "Where does he stop?"

Sure he could have stopped Islam from starting up in the first place. I am sure he had his reasons for not doing so. Such as free will. Will God stop Islam because of my prayer? I doubt it. I think it is really up to us to do that. But God will help us as we spread the gospel. You have to admit, if everyone lived by the teachings of Jesus, there would be no terrorism in the world.

Matthew 5:43“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be children of your Father in heaven.
                          Sure. Same with if everyone was Buddhist or pacifist, or if you all just listened to me!
                          But if God won't stop Islam because of your prayer, why pray it in the first place?
                          Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

I often wondered how a deist actually knew anything about the nature of their god? Do they just guess?

Comment

Not send millions of them to concentration camps and treat their captured prisoners somewhat decently. I do agree with your last sentence in that statement.

Sure. Same with if everyone was Buddhist or pacifist, or if you all just listened to me!
                              But if God won't stop Islam because of your prayer, why pray it in the first place?
                              Because he could help by opening the hearts of muslims to the gospel and that would help to stop Islam. Not by poofing them out of existence.

Comment

• Another attack in Manila, and Brits may be involved.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/370221...atest-updates/

Comment