Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Manchester England, Bombing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stfoskey15 View Post
    If there's an omnipotent god, he could have prevented it from starting in the first place. Just sayin'.
    But aren't you a Deist? So your god just doesn't give a rip either way?

What's the solution?
    Winning the World War that we are in. Or hanging back and letting Islam take the world.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      Attacking women makes good tactical sense. Assuming it wasn't just sexual frustration, the Manchester bomber killed off not just a bunch of little girls but also any kids they might have had. Because sperm is cheap and abundant it's usually the women who act as the bottleneck of fertility, and that already narrow Anglo bottleneck got a little narrower.
      You're thinking in purely rational and biological terms.
      No way you're ever going to convince people to understand what you're actually saying here.
      I think we both realize we're living through the sunset of Western Civilization.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
        You're thinking in purely rational and biological terms.
        No way you're ever going to convince people to understand what you're actually saying here.
        I think we both realize we're living through the sunset of Western Civilization.
        I'm hoping we're living through the sunrise of the Cybercrusader Civilization myself.

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I'm hoping we're living through the sunrise of the Cybercrusader Civilization myself.
          As awesome as that might be the Crusaders are a product of a strong society, highly organized society.
          They don't arise out of a collapsing civilization.

Western Civilization had a really good run.
          I'm really going to miss it.
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Oh poop - now I have to change my avatar...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              It really does. Perpetual orgies and sex. Makes you wonder why the muslims are so set against such things in this life and condemn westerners for debauchery when their goal is to have all that and more after they die?
              What does that say about the character of Allah? Apparently it is Allah who produces all these perpetual virgins available for sex. I just thought of a reason why Muslims are reluctant to turn to the Messiah in faith; Jesus said there would be no sex in heaven!

And then there is wine in Paradise. According to Islam the wine will not be intoxicating.

There will be circulated among them a cup [of wine] from a flowing spring, White and delicious to the drinkers; No bad effect is there in it, nor from it will they be intoxicated. (Surah 37:45-47)

Personally, I'd rather have a chocolate milkshake.

And Muslims are allowed to have up to 4 wives, if they can afford them. One Muslim I spoke with tried to justify the four wives -- "what if my wife gets ugly!"

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                Jesus said there would be no sex in heaven!
                Did he?

Comment

Did he?
                  Matthew 22: 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Angels do not have sexual relationships.

Comment

Matthew 22: 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
                    Angels do not have sexual relationships.
                    How do you know that angels don't have sex?
                    And not being married doesn't mean not having sex.

Your case seems thin.

Comment

How do you know that angels don't have sex?
                      And not being married doesn't mean not having sex.

Your case seems thin.
                      How do you know angels do have sex?

Comment

You two sound like two kids arguing about whether they will still be able to play with dolls when they grow up.

Comment

I'm not the one claiming knowledge of what angels do in heaven.
                          I'm saying I don't know and neither do you.

I'm going to feel pretty silly sitting around in paradise with a lap full of junk that does nothing for all eternity.
                          At 50 years of age I've already gotten to experience that on some level and it isn't any fun at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            You two sound like two kids arguing about whether they will still be able to play with dolls when they grow up.
                            Yep, I think sex will be the last thing on our minds...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              Yep, I think sex will be the last thing on our minds...
                              I have a somewhat different view of paradise.

I think of paradise as mankind being returned to his role as caretaker for the earth.
                              As such we'll have bodies, our feet will get muddy from time to time, and we'll share a renewed earth.
                              We'll still eat, drink, and pOOp - and play tag football on the lawn while mossrose knits sweaters for squirrels.

I don't believe mankind was made for 24/7 overt worship and I don't think we'll be doing that in the hereafter.

Comment

I have a somewhat different view of paradise.

I think of paradise as mankind being returned to his role as caretaker for the earth.
                                As such we'll have bodies, our feet will get muddy from time to time, and we'll share a renewed earth.
                                We'll still eat, drink, and pOOp - and play tag football on the lawn while mossrose knits sweaters for squirrels.

I don't believe mankind was made for 24/7 overt worship and I don't think we'll be doing that in the hereafter.
                                that's pretty much my view. We will be what God intended when he made Adam and Eve, but in their case he never got to that point because they sinned first.

whether that includes having sex or there being something better that we can't imagine, I don't know. But God did make us physical creatures and he gave us sexes for a reason. I don't think angels have genders because they have no reason for it. I don't think Jesus was teaching a biology lesson to the Pharisees about heaven, he was just telling them that they were so clueless about what heaven would be like that their idiotic argument about who would marry who was as dumb as this argument is here. We don't really know much about heaven so such arguments based on our lives now are useless and juvenile.

Comment