Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Manchester England, Bombing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"[Pipes has written, "It’s a mistake to blame Islam, a religion 14 centuries old, for the evil that should be ascribed to militant Islam, a totalitarian ideology less than a century old. Militant Islam is the problem, but moderate Islam is the solution." Pipes believes that moderate Muslims "constitute a very small movement", but a "brave" one, which the U.S. government should "give priority to locating, meeting with, funding, forwarding, empowering, and celebrating".

Pipes is an especially strong critic of Council on American–Islamic Relations (CAIR) considering the group to be pursuing an extreme Islamic agenda.]"
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      God (if you exist) please stop people believing that some religions in their entirity are about peace while others in their entirity are about terror.
      If you would actually study the history and origins of Islam, and read the Koran, you would understand that ISIS and the so-called "radicals" are actually the orthodox Muslims doing exactly what Mohammad did and taught, and the "peaceful" muslims are the ones who are the unorthodox ones.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        "[Pipes has written, "It’s a mistake to blame Islam, a religion 14 centuries old, for the evil that should be ascribed to militant Islam, a totalitarian ideology less than a century old. Militant Islam is the problem, but moderate Islam is the solution." Pipes believes that moderate Muslims "constitute a very small movement", but a "brave" one, which the U.S. government should "give priority to locating, meeting with, funding, forwarding, empowering, and celebrating".

Pipes is an especially strong critic of Council on American–Islamic Relations (CAIR) considering the group to be pursuing an extreme Islamic agenda.]"
        I'll throw this out there for your consideration: I don't think there is a moderate religion, only people who don't actually believe it.
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

ha.

Britain and Europe have welcomed in the "moderate" Muslims in for decades now and what do they have to show for it? More and more unrest and terrorist attacks, calls for Sharia law and muslim protests. So you think the solution is to get the USA to welcome in more muslims so we can have even more terrorist attacks like the UK and Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            If you would actually study the history and origins of Islam, and read the Koran, you would understand that ISIS and the so-called "radicals" are actually the orthodox Muslims doing exactly what Mohammad did and taught, and the "peaceful" muslims are the ones who are the unorthodox ones.
            That is, of course, presuming I haven't done so which is wrong. I have also studied the history of Christianity and there is quite a lot of stuff not to be proud of in that history as well as rather many parts of the Bible containing demands, ideas and descriptions that will make every decent man shake his head...
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              That is, of course, presuming I haven't done so which is wrong. I have also studied the history of Christianity and there is quite a lot of stuff not to be proud of in that history as well as rather many parts of the Bible containing demands, ideas and descriptions that will make every decent man shake his head...
              The difference is that those who did evil in the name of Christianity were going against the teachings of Christ, while those who do evil in the name of Islam are fulfilling the teachings of Mohammad.

Comment

Looks like another disgruntled Swede...

CBS News confirmed Tuesday that the man who blew himself up the previous night at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England, was 23-year-old Salman Abedi, who was known to British authorities prior to the attack.http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ariana-g...di-isis-claim/
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  The difference is that those who did evil in the name of Christianity were going against the teachings of Christ, while those who do evil in the name of Islam are fulfilling the teachings of Mohammad.
                  No matter how often this self-evident truth gets pointed out there will always be those who ignore it and point out that Christians have committed violent acts.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

After ignoring the attack during their evening news broadcast ABC, what the network seemed most concerned about this morning is a possible "Anti-Islamic backlash" in Europe. On Good Morning America ABC anchor George Stephanopoulos resisted efforts to link the attack to Muslim extremists and went on several times worrying that this would "likely create backlash" and "likely to inflame anti-Islamic sentiment across Britain, across Europe."

The priorities of the leftist MSM

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      After ignoring the attack during their evening news broadcast ABC, what the network seemed most concerned about this morning is a possible "Anti-Islamic backlash" in Europe. On Good Morning America ABC anchor George Stephanopoulos resisted efforts to link the attack to Muslim extremists and went on several times worrying that this would "likely create backlash" and "likely to inflame anti-Islamic sentiment across Britain, across Europe."

The priorities of the leftist MSM
                      This is exactly why we say that liberalism will get you killed!
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Authorities are saying they know who the bomber is but are not releasing his name yet. The youngest confirmed victim to have died is only 8 years old and at least 12 of those in hospital are younger than 16. Some of the injured have life threatening injuries.
                        The bomber just walked into the station side foyer where parents were going in to fetch children and it is there he detonated himself as the first wave of crowds came out. Hopefully he doesnt turn out to be a returnee from Syria as I heard on tv a few weeks ago we have hundreds who have just been allowed to sneak back after going out to fight for Islamic State. And we never get to hear whether or not they are being prosecuted and that usually means they arent. I think people will be very angry if that turns out to be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Abigail View Post
                          Authorities are saying they know who the bomber is but are not releasing his name yet. The youngest confirmed victim to have died is only 8 years old and at least 12 of those in hospital are younger than 16. Some of the injured have life threatening injuries.
                          The bomber just walked into the station side foyer where parents were going in to fetch children and it is there he detonated himself as the first wave of crowds came out. Hopefully he doesnt turn out to be a returnee from Syria as I heard on tv a few weeks ago we have hundreds who have just been allowed to sneak back after going out to fight for Islamic State. And we never get to hear whether or not they are being prosecuted and that usually means they arent. I think people will be very angry if that turns out to be the case.
                          As my link says, Salman Abedi was known to British authorities prior to the attack! That is not good...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            This is exactly why we say that liberalism will get you killed!
                            At almost every turn, we are playing their game. They want uncontrolled, angry backlash in order to force Muslims to take sides.
                            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              As my link says, Salman Abedi was known to British authorities prior to the attack! That is not good...
                              There is a lot of speculation but not confirmed. Most of the Islamic terror attacks across Europe have been done by people known to the authorities. Liberals here are all over the police if they arrest people and the authorities end up paying compensation all the while these Islamic State people just carry on embedding themselves in positions to carry out their evil deeds.

Comment

At almost every turn, we are playing their game. They want uncontrolled, angry backlash in order to force Muslims to take sides.
                                No one is calling for uncontrolled backlash, but the fact that leftists are even bringing this up when the bodies of eight and ten year olds are not even cold is despicable to me.

Comment