Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are taxpayers "freeloaders"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are taxpayers "freeloaders"?

They are according to California governor and three time candidate for the Democratic nomination for U.S. President, Edmund G. "Jerry" Brown Jr.

Responding to the news that Californians wanting to repeal California's recently passed "road-improvement plan" -- a $52 billion tax hike -- are moving to recall one of the state legislators, Josh Newman, who supported it, Brown fumed that "The freeloaders — I’ve had enough of them."

Brown has done little but raise taxes since becoming governor back in 2011 and if anyone has the temerity to object he brands them as being a freeloader.

As Kira Davis, so aptly noted in an article at RedState.com:

Source: Gov. Jerry Brown Calls California Taxpayers “Freeloaders”

The 1,000,000 citizens in Los Angeles county alone who collect food stamps provided by taxpayers are not freeloaders. The millions of illegal immigrants being harbored in California’s sanctuary cities to the cost of taxpayers are not freeloaders. Illegal immigrants being provided “free” legal help by the state on the backs of taxpayers are not freeloaders. The bloodsuckers in the Sacramento legislature who get paid $178 a day in per diem funds on top of their bloated salaries just for walking in the door to their job every day are not freeloaders.

No, you – the burdened, law-abiding taxpayer are the freeloader for simply asking the government of California be more fiscally responsible with the money they already have instead of stealing more of your money without your consent to pay for programs that are already funded but have been raided for pet projects and personal enrichment.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

The good news is that his contempt for those footing the bills for all his tax and spend programs has really fired them up much in the same way Hillary's remark about a "basket of deplorables" did during the 2016 election in spite of a news black out on the story by the MSM.

Read more:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

If I didn't know any better, I would think he was being sarcastic.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      They are according to California governor and three time candidate for the Democratic nomination for U.S. President, Edmund G. "Jerry" Brown Jr.

Responding to the news that Californians wanting to repeal California's recently passed "road-improvement plan" -- a $52 billion tax hike -- are moving to recall one of the state legislators, Josh Newman, who supported it, Brown fumed that "The freeloaders — I’ve had enough of them."

Brown has done little but raise taxes since becoming governor back in 2011 and if anyone has the temerity to object he brands them as being a freeloader.

As Kira Davis, so aptly noted in an article at RedState.com:

Source: Gov. Jerry Brown Calls California Taxpayers “Freeloaders”

The 1,000,000 citizens in Los Angeles county alone who collect food stamps provided by taxpayers are not freeloaders. The millions of illegal immigrants being harbored in California’s sanctuary cities to the cost of taxpayers are not freeloaders. Illegal immigrants being provided “free” legal help by the state on the backs of taxpayers are not freeloaders. The bloodsuckers in the Sacramento legislature who get paid $178 a day in per diem funds on top of their bloated salaries just for walking in the door to their job every day are not freeloaders.

No, you – the burdened, law-abiding taxpayer are the freeloader for simply asking the government of California be more fiscally responsible with the money they already have instead of stealing more of your money without your consent to pay for programs that are already funded but have been raided for pet projects and personal enrichment.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

The good news is that his contempt for those footing the bills for all his tax and spend programs has really fired them up much in the same way Hillary's remark about a "basket of deplorables" did during the 2016 election in spite of a news black out on the story by the MSM.

Read more:
      The more taxes you pay, the more patriotic you are!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

does this mean California is about to run out of "other people's money"?

Comment