Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back! (Mourning the crash.)

Howdy, TWebbers!

I'm Jugulum, an old-time forum participant (circa 2004-2007). I was searching for an old thread recently, and was horrified to learn about the crash. All of those interactions, lost to the ether! I was a bit surprised at how deeply I mourned the loss.

raining_david_tennant.gif

I'm not likely to become a regular participant again these days, but I did at least want to re-register and say "hi".

So... Hi!

Hey bro. Long time no see!
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Comment

howdy! I remember you!

Comment

Originally posted by Jugulum View Post
          Howdy, TWebbers!

I'm Jugulum, an old-time forum participant (circa 2004-2007). I was searching for an old thread recently, and was horrified to learn about the crash. All of those interactions, lost to the ether! I was a bit surprised at how deeply I mourned the loss.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22530[/ATTACH]

I'm not likely to become a regular participant again these days, but I did at least want to re-register and say "hi".

So... Hi!
          There are portions of the old pre-crash web site available some place. I brought this to the attention of Twebbers in the past. I may look for it again.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Welcome back!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                There are portions of the old pre-crash web site available some place. I brought this to the attention of Twebbers in the past. I may look for it again.
                Like the internet archive "wayback machine"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yes, I remember you well; you stood out for thoughtful and irenic contributions! Well met.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Hmm, that was my first thought too, but I wasn't able to find any actual threads there.

Comment

Howdy, TWebbers!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22530[/ATTACH]

So... Hi!
                      Didn't notice this till now - I'm alsways over in nat sci. Good to see you, you should fill me in on the last 10 years of you feel so inclined. Would love to hear about it!

Jim
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by sylas View Post
                        Yes, I remember you well; you stood out for thoughtful and irenic contributions! Well met.
                        Good to see you! Likewise.

True story: The post I was looking for was yours, where you argued that YEC is a falsifiable position. (I was going to share it with an atheist friend who was saying otherwise.)

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          Didn't notice this till now - I'm alsways over in nat sci. Good to see you, you should fill me in on the last 10 years of you feel so inclined. Would love to hear about it!

Jim
                          That would be great! For now: Married, no kids yet except a fur-baby, working as a programmer, teaching in my church, gardening, working on developing an event & ongoing presentation+discussion series on what it means to pursue Christian unity in love & truth (whether you're a committed "we're all preaching Jesus" ecumenist or a fan of James White & Peter D. Williams).

Comment

I have one question for you all.

Where are the pearls?!?

Comment

I have one question for you all.

Where are the pearls?!?
                              Sore subject... they vanished with the crash. They were a special plugin that didn't migrate.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment