Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Moving To Montana Soon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    One Republican friend of mine posted on Facebook "Haha! Gianforte wins! Go bodyslam another reporter!" (and not at all in jest).
    A lot of people are just frustrated by the constant bias in the main stream press.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...-Against-Trump
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      A lot of people are just frustrated by the constant bias in the main stream press.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...-Against-Trump
      That's hardly a justification.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

It is funny, I have seen the left, time and time again, justify literal riots this past election season. So forgive me if a journalist getting knocked on his rump doesn't bother me.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Nor a rationalization but nevertheless may still contain a bit of truth. The public in general (not just the right) is getting increasingly fed up with the antics of the MSM and it would hardly come as a surprise if a sizable segment wasn't at least in part kind of happy to see it happen.

It's sort of like seeing the guy who is always harassing and intimidating others get popped in the snout after haranguing one of his regular victims one time too many.

Too make clear, I'm not trying to defend Gianforte's actions. They have no place in civil discourse. I'm just trying to get inside the head of those who support him

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            . . . Too make clear, I'm not trying to defend Gianforte's actions. They have no place in civil discourse. I'm just trying to get inside the head of those who support him
            Politics is rarely involved in civil discourse these days.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              Politics is rarely involved in civil discourse these days.
              How far are we away from another Brooks and Sumner incident?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The left has been excusing left wing criminal violence on right wingers for a while, and it's amped up to a thousand since Trump won and the media has been at the forefront of enabling this behavior, variously by either refusing to report on these incidents, or lying about the participants. The recent California street brawl is a perfect example. I think that is more than enough justification. If you guys can't undrestand why you should not support criminal violence against political opponents then it is necessary that you be taught via empirical observation. We need more incidents like this.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                  It is a nice idea but under your system some of them might survive.
                  What do you call 100 politicians at the bottom of the ocean?

Answer: A good start.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

thanks to 4chan for this:

Greg "Got a camera? I'll bodyslam ya" Gianforte
                    Greg "Journalist? Meet my fist" Gianforte
                    Greg "Breaking News" Gianforte
                    Greg "Bench Press" Gianforte
                    Greg "Got a question? I'll teach you a lesson" Gianforte
                    Greg "The Butcher of Bozeman" Gianfort
                    Greg "Breaking the News" Gianforte
                    Greg "Journalists Get Fists" Gianforte Gianforte
                    Greg "Fake News Bruise Cruise" Gianforte
                    Greg "Burying the Lede" Gianforte
                    Greg "Lügenpresser" Gianforte
                    Greg "Gas for every Lügenpress" Gianforte
                    Greg "Lou Thesz Press for the Lügenpress" Gianforte
                    Greg "Grill Yellow Journalists" Gianforte
                    Greg "Reporter Deporter" Gianforte
                    Greg "Two fists for Journalists" Gianforte
                    Greg "Push false Russian collusion, you'll get a contusion" Gianforte
                    Greg "Interrupt my meeting? You'll get a beating" Gianforte
                    Greg "The Reporter Aborter" Gianforte
                    Greg "Make a Mess of the Press" Gianforte
                    Greg "Shills get temple drills" Gianforte
                    Greg "Fake News? Time To Bruise" Gianforte
                    Greg "Memoranda for Propaganda" Gianforte
                    Greg "Press Pass? Broken Glass" Gianforte
                    Greg "Abuse The News" Gianforte
                    Greg "Fact Checker" Gianforte
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      How far are we away from another Brooks and Sumner incident?
                      Perhaps closer than we think

Source: 'I'll put a bullet in your head': Fistfight nearly erupts on final day of contentious legislative session

A shoving match and war of words nearly turned into a fistfight on the Texas House floor Monday, the final day of a bitterly contentious 140-day legislative session.

"This session has been very, very difficult," said Rep. Celia Israel, D-Austin. "There are enough of us here who remember a time in Texas when respect and decorum ruled the day."

Those rules flew out the House door when a group of protesters crashed the chamber's gallery Monday, chanting opposition to the so-called sanctuary cities ban. Legislators approved a bill this year that would force local governments to enforce federal immigration laws, what opponents call a show-me-your-papers law.

As they protested, Latino Reps. Ramon Romero and Cesar Blanco, both Democrats, waved to the noisy crowd. Republican Matt Rinaldi of Irving, a fervent supporter of the anti-immigration legislation, approached the Latino Democrats. They said Rinaldi told them he had called U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to report the protesters, who were largely Hispanic.

The Democrats were enraged. A shoving match ensued, and lawmakers accused one another of making violent threats. Rinaldi said a Democrat eventually threatened to "come get" him. Rep. Justin Rodriguez, D-San Antonio, who didn't witness the initial altercation, said he later heard Rinaldi say, "I'll put a bullet in your head," to the Democrat he alleged was menacing.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        If we know nothing of history, it is the fault of the revisionists!

This is happening right now in my province! They are in the process of changing the Social Studies curriculum to remove history and push "social change"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22554[/ATTACH]

The rewriting of Alberta’s Social Studies curriculum is turning into an educational travesty.

The concept of teaching history is out of style, it seems. In its place is an inappropriate over-emphasis on social change and activism.

The new Social Studies curriculum is shaping up to fail spectacularly when it comes to providing the wide breadth of knowledge about our society, our world and our history that would give real power to students. Instead, it seeks to limit their worldview, with a narrow focus on the particular issues of the modern social justice movement.

The activist focus comes through in the Alberta Education’s new curriculum planning documents, one that lays out plans for the scope and sequence of K-12 Social Studies and another outlining the general philosophy. They are part of a new survey on the curriculum which runs until June 2.

The documents are full of vague motherhood statements, but also tip their hand. For example, we are told that Social Studies is about exploring diversity, but there’s also to be a repeated focus on First Nations, Métis, Inuit and Francophones. I should make clear that a Social Studies program that failed to look at Canada’s history of oppression of marginalized groups would also be a travesty. But when there is no sequential, systematic, thorough and ongoing study of human history as a whole, our students end up lacking the necessary knowledge to engage in sound debate and critical thinking...........

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/poli...ge-not-history
                        You've probably seen the videos of the college students not knowing where any countries are, or any history like the who won the civil war (USA), or who fought and won in WW2. Apparently they haven't been teaching history for quite some time now.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Hey, the reporter asked Gianforte a simple question about the Republican health bill, which he previously told the voters that he was waiting until the CBO's analysis of it came out first. The CBO came out with their analysis, so the reporter simply asked Gianforte, now that the analysis was out, and the election is the next day, what his stance was on it. Gianforte simply didn't want to let Montanan's to know what his stance was on the bill, so he beat the guy up instead. You like that, thats the kind of guy you want representing your interests? I swear, you should all move to Russia or Turkey, or some other dictatorship, because you don't deserve to live in a democracy. You really don't!
                          Witnesses said that the reporter was harassing Gianforte and shoving his phone (which I guess was his recorder) in his face and badgering him. So it wasn't simply asking him a question.

I don't think he should have punched the reporter, but the reporter was not innocent in the incident.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Witnesses said that the reporter was harassing Gianforte and shoving his phone (which I guess was his recorder) in his face and badgering him. So it wasn't simply asking him a question.

I don't think he should have punched the reporter, but the reporter was not innocent in the incident.
                            Silly Sparko. The reporter is always innocent (and unimpeachably neutral)1!

1Except when it's a conservative so-called investigative reporter. Those are all manipulative liars.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

No, eyewitnesses did not say that, they said just the opposite, that they saw the reporter do nothing out of the ordinary, he simply asked the candidate a question. You must have been reading the Breitbart spin!

Comment

Don't demean his achievement, it wasn't a punch, it ws a body slam.

Comment