Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The five lies of cultural marxists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The five lies of cultural marxists

A comment from my local paper's website I thought was pretty accurate:

THE FIVE LIES OF CULTURAL MARXISTS …

There are five deceptions used by cultural Marxists (modern historians). They are: deconstructionism, post structuralism, modernism, minimalism, and academic collectivism. These are important because we are at war with the Left and we must arm ourselves against their attacks upon our Southern heritage…

The FIRST deception, the DECONSTRUCTION, attempts to smear the subject by continuous critique… a continuous flow of belittling and negative portrayals telling only part of the story. In short deconstructionists points out everything that can be portrayed as a flaw while ignoring or distorting all positive attributes. This reduces the Founders to "slave owners” and nothing else. It ignores the revolutionary precedent of seceding states. It ignores the consolidating designs of Lincoln’s Corporate policy and its desire for economic control over the South. It turns a blind eye to Reconstruction.

The SECOND deception used by cultural Marxists is POST STRUCTURALISM. This is marked by a rejection of absolute concepts. It believes that nothing is transcendent or can be learned from history. Truth must be constructed by each individual for themselves. We see this most evident in the judiciary. There is no right or wrong. Religious morality is viewed as an evil rather than a positive restraining influence.

The THIRD historical deception is MODERNISM. It examines historical events as if they occurred and lived today rather than in the past. It severs history from its context and setting. Modernism in play would prevent a John Wesley from ever preaching in a modern Methodist church.

The FOURTH lie used by modern historians is MINIMALISM. This is an unreasonable insistence on oversimplification, on reducing everything to single causes and linear effects. Easily recognizable in campaign rhetoric, modern culture insists on an easy answers. This is especially utilized by single issue groups seeking to keep their issue at the forefront of public thinking such as Black Lives Matter, radical homosexuals or the NAACPs obsession with all things Confederate.

The FIFTH lie used to undermine historical accuracy is ACADEMIC COLLECTIVISM. This is rampant today where writers and scholars quote each other and only those from their own cultural Marxist peer group rather than to consult the original sources. This type of "scholarship" is incestuous. The presence of a PhD after one game today somehow suggests academic infallibility. Modern historians do not teach history at all. History is reduced to a polemic of race class and gender.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Yep that about sums it up!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Only five?
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Must be the top 5.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The FIFTH lie used to undermine historical accuracy is ACADEMIC COLLECTIVISM. This is rampant today where writers and scholars quote each other and only those from their own cultural Marxist peer group rather than to consult the original sources. This type of "scholarship" is incestuous. The presence of a PhD after one game today somehow suggests academic infallibility. Modern historians do not teach history at all. History is reduced to a polemic of race class and gender.
          Number 5 pretty much sums up the MSM today. Nearly every news story is just quoting some other news story or news rumor. Trying to dig down to the original report is a real chore. It is a game of telephone. Each quote takes you further from the truth as each new article adds in their own biases and interpretations. Actually BOTH sides do this. Conservative and Liberal. They can't be bothered to get their own news so they endlessly just repeat each other.

here is an example:

BBC news:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40041141

US Republican Greg Gianforte charged over Guardian reporter 'body slam'

...Guardian journalist Ben Jacobs tweeted that Mr Gianforte had "body slammed" him, breaking his glasses. [link to Guardian reporter's tweet]

...The Guardian released an audio recording of the clash, [Link to Guardian news article on the same topic]

...Alicia Acuna of Fox News was in the room with two colleagues preparing for a television interview with Mr Gianforte at the time. When Mr Jacobs persisted, "Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him", she wrote. [link to her news article on Fox]

Basically BBC has no original news they are just passing on news from other news sites on the matter.

And this is a fairly straight forward one. You can get to the actual sources with one click. Sometimes you are taken to another story which is quoting some other story, several levels deep.
          Last edited by Sparko; 05-25-2017, 01:15 PM.

Comment

My favorite is the line "it has been reported by such and so", as if that gives a story credibility in and of itself. Sometimes they don't even bother giving the source and just say "it has been reported".

Comment

basically,

"A friend of my cousin's girl friend's brother said..."

Comment

It's the grown-up version of "Guess what I just heard!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  basically,

"A friend of my cousin's girl friend's brother said..."
                  "My brother's sister's cousin never said anything about bars"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    "My brother's sister's cousin never said anything about bars"
                    Wouldn't your brother's sister be YOUR sister and her cousin be your cousin?

Comment

Just a bunch of gap tooth, sister kissing, gun toting, bible thumping hicks!
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        Just a bunch of gap tooth, sister kissing, gun toting, bible thumping hicks!
                        14692159.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22539[/ATTACH]
                          That's my girl!

Comment

A classic Conan the Destroyer quote wasted on an over analytic pirate.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Bill, are you a white supremacist?

Comment