Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Burrito ladies forced to close because of "cultural appropriation"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    If we lived there my wife and I would use that as a 'must dine' list and hit at least one of those restaurants every Saturday.
    That is what happened with a lot of Chick-fil-A restaurants around here back in 2012 when the left told us they need to be boycotted.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I'm still waiting for all non-whites to be told to give up their cars because they were invented by white people and their using them is cultural appropriation. Then they can get on their phones and post a compla... Oops, phones, computers, Facebook and twitter are also invented or started by whites too.
      God invented people; therefore, we're all appropriating God.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        So when does Taco Bell get run out of the country?
        You can hardly call Taco Bell food Mexican. It is ab out as Mexican as McCain is a Republican - in name only. No self respecting Mexican cook would accept their recipes, let alone steal them.

ETA: I see some of you already stole my thunder.
        Last edited by Jedidiah; 05-26-2017, 02:42 PM.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

They don't have anything whatsoever to do with foreign food.
          Neither do burritos.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            You can hardly call Taco Bell food Mexican. It is ab out as Mexican as McCain is a Republican - in name only. No self respecting Mexican cook would accept their recipes, let alone steal them.

ETA: I see some of you already stole my thunder.
            I have a good friend who seriously thinks that the best Mexican restaurant is Taco Bell

He also thinks that the best pizza comes from Little Caesars

And that Ryans makes the best steaks

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              Neither do burritos.
              People have been telling me you are a vessel of raw hatred.
              I have only now just seen it for the first time.
              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Ugh, I hate my state sometimes. Cultural appropriation is such a stupid concept as I probably made clear in my Facebook thread, Sparkles...
                I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

People have been telling me you are a vessel of raw hatred.
                  I have only now just seen it for the first time.
                  Does knowing they were likely invented by some American Mexican from los angeles make them less tasty?
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
                    Ugh, I hate my state sometimes. Cultural appropriation is such a stupid concept as I probably made clear in my Facebook thread, Sparkles...
                    Just put it in perspective. The title is misleading, and it's hardly the whole city.
                    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                      Just put it in perspective. The title is misleading, and it's hardly the whole city.
                      No, but it's an attitude that's making it's way down the I-5 corridor. In Eugene, it's already here.
                      I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                        It seems to be pretty much all of both coasts.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          I have a good friend who seriously thinks that the best Mexican restaurant is Taco Bell

He also thinks that the best pizza comes from Little Caesars

And that Ryans makes the best steaks
                          When my kids were young, and they got constipated, we'd take them to Taco Bell. It'd clear them right out.

True story.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

This is another case of self punishment.
                            The cities that act this way will have to go without good food.
                            I actually can make quite a few Mexican dishes that I learned as a kid. Wonder when I'll get in trouble for 'cultural appropriation'.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              So when does Taco Bell get run out of the country?
                              Taco Bell is to Mexican what McDonalds is to cheeseburgers.
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I have noticed that not one of our liberals has chimed in to support the "cultural appropriation" scam. Maybe there is hope for them yet.

Comment