Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The "Russian Conspiracy" strategam appears to be failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And Flynn and Kushner look to be a case of bad "optics" as opposed to being guilty of anything illegal.
    I had the impression you loved the United States.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

"[It is claimed Mr Kushner discussed setting up a back channel with the Russian ambassador in December.

The New York Times and Washington Post said he wanted to use Russian facilities to avoid US interception of discussions with Moscow. He is reported to have done so before Mr Trump assumed the presidency, so would have been a private citizen at the time.]"
      -BBC news
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

James Clapper dashes the hopes and dreams of liberals once again:

"I did not see any smoking gun certitude evidence of collusion."

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...-gun-evidence/
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          I had the impression you loved the United States.
          You're right, I do, which is why I and others wish liberals would put this phony conspiracy theory to rest and start working with our duly elected President to make America great again.

Comment

What he actually said was: “I have to say, at the time I left, I did not see any smoking gun certitude evidence of collusion. But it certainly was appropriate given all the sign, certainly appropriate and necessary for the FBI to investigate.”

Rather selective reading on your side.
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

This is a pretty low bar for people in senior public office. Good enough for a Republican is not the same thing as good enough.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                What he actually said was: “I have to say, at the time I left, I did not see any smoking gun certitude evidence of collusion. But it certainly was appropriate given all the sign, certainly appropriate and necessary for the FBI to investigate.”

Rather selective reading on your side.
                That's because anything he says beyond "There is no evidence" is irrelevant.

He can hedge his bets all he wants, but the facts are very simple: no evidence of collusion.

Comment

That's because anything he says beyond "There is no evidence" is irrelevant.

He can hedge his bets all he wants, but the facts are very simple: no evidence of collusion.
                  Wrong again: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post445406

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                    Please, if it was a Clinton staffer you'd be up in arms.
                    I wouldn't. Establishing back channel connections to talk to world leaders is pretty much SOP for an incoming president so either way I would dismiss it. Doubly so now since it is no longer arguable that some of Obama's people were monitoring communications by Trump and his people and releasing what they found to the press.

There is one thing to consider though.

If Trump had been colluding with the Russians before the election why would Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner need to try to establish a back channel connection with the Russians? After all, if he was already secretly working with the Russians then Trump would already have such a connection -- one so good that in over seven months of digging federal investigators haven't found a hint of its existence

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Here are some points I made in another thread:

The Washington Post supposedly got a letter detailing this information back in December. Why did they sit on it so long? And why are they being so coy about the details now? Some have begun to speculate that the letter may not even exist, or that it's another "dossier" full of unverified (meaning false) information, and this is why the Post is playing it so close to the vest. The Post itself even describes it as an "anonymous letter", which is certainly suspicious. The first clue that you're dealing with fake news is when the story doesn't give a specific attribution.

Second, why would Kushner be setting up these supposed "back-channels" after the election? Remember, Kushner was hired as part of the transition team. If the Russian conspiracy is true then the Trump team would have already had their "back-channels" in place so they could collude with Russia to win the election. According to the Post, the Russian ambassador was supposedly "taken aback by the suggestion" from Kushner, which doesn't make any sense. Why would he be "taken aback" if Trump was already in league with Putin? If this story is true, doesn't it pretty much blow-up the Russian collusion accusations?

Finally, if we grant that this is true, what crime was actually committed? Well that's an easy answer: none.

Comment

And the wheels continue to disintegrate... even the mainstream media is starting to distance itself from these lunatic ravings.

Source: Breitbart

On Wednesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Rachel Maddow Show,” Andrea Mitchell, NBC’s Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent and the host of MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” stated that former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s accusation that Americans directed and colluded with Russia to “weaponize information” against her is “basically pointing to the Trump campaign,” a charge where Clinton “doesn’t have the evidence,” and is “drawing a conspiracy theory.”

Mitchell said, “Well, she, first of all, really drilled down on the fake news, the role of Infowars, and said that it was very clear to her that there were Americans directing and colluding, conspiring really with the Russian hackers, with Guccifer, with the others who were involved in the hacking, in the dropping of WikiLeaks only an hour after the ‘Access Hollywood’ tape was disclosed, and saying that they were doing so with such political sophistication. She’s basically pointing to the Trump campaign, saying that the dots are now being connected in the investigation.”

Mitchell continued, “She mentioned Jared Kushner. She mentioned Bannon and Kellyanne Conway, in the context of the fact that the Mercers, the big fundraisers who contribute to the campaign and had — and owned Cambridge Analytics had said to Trump, bring on Bannon from Breitbart. Bring on Kellyanne Conway, who are already on their payroll, as part of a deal, and that they connected with the data bank and the RNC. So, she is drawing a conspiracy theory. She doesn’t have the evidence, but she is obviously hoping that this is what –that Robert Mueller and what the Congressional committee’s going to do.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...ssian-hackers/

© Copyright Original Source

This is coming from Andrea Mitchell. Mitchell's extreme liberal bias is well-documented.

Comment

And the wheels continue to disintegrate... even the mainstream media is starting to distance itself from these lunatic ravings.

Source: Breitbart

On Wednesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Rachel Maddow Show,” Andrea Mitchell, NBC’s Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent and the host of MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” stated that former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s accusation that Americans directed and colluded with Russia to “weaponize information” against her is “basically pointing to the Trump campaign,” a charge where Clinton “doesn’t have the evidence,” and is “drawing a conspiracy theory.”

Mitchell said, “Well, she, first of all, really drilled down on the fake news, the role of Infowars, and said that it was very clear to her that there were Americans directing and colluding, conspiring really with the Russian hackers, with Guccifer, with the others who were involved in the hacking, in the dropping of WikiLeaks only an hour after the ‘Access Hollywood’ tape was disclosed, and saying that they were doing so with such political sophistication. She’s basically pointing to the Trump campaign, saying that the dots are now being connected in the investigation.”

Mitchell continued, “She mentioned Jared Kushner. She mentioned Bannon and Kellyanne Conway, in the context of the fact that the Mercers, the big fundraisers who contribute to the campaign and had — and owned Cambridge Analytics had said to Trump, bring on Bannon from Breitbart. Bring on Kellyanne Conway, who are already on their payroll, as part of a deal, and that they connected with the data bank and the RNC. So, she is drawing a conspiracy theory. She doesn’t have the evidence, but she is obviously hoping that this is what –that Robert Mueller and what the Congressional committee’s going to do.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...ssian-hackers/

© Copyright Original Source

This is coming from Andrea Mitchell. Mitchell's extreme liberal bias is well-documented.
                          Breitbart, therefore your argument is invalid.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Comment

It's not over yet!!

Now Hillary is making claims that Trump colluded with 1000 Russians to flood facebook with fake news to steal the election.

Hillary launches astonishing conspiracy claim that Trump won the election because he 'colluded' with 1,000 Russian agents who filled Facebook with 'lies' and Twitter with 'bots'

Defeated Democrat is back on the speaking circuit, telling a Silicon Valley get-together about her election loss

* Clinton says her defeat isn't her fault as she claims Russians and 'forces in this country' were out to defeat her

* She claims 1,000 Russian agents were filling Facebook with 'lies' and the 'majority' of news on it was 'fake'

* Clinton said she was certain someone had 'colluded' so the Russians knew what fake news worked and added: 'I'm leaning towards Trump.'

* Also blamed her own party for having poor-quality voter data, claimed she was the victim of misogyny, and that she was kept off the air by TV networks

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4ilVdmY64
                              Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

And for our liberal friends who will cry about the DailyMail being biased, here is the same story from Vox:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...n-2016-excuses

Even her own side is mocking her on this!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                It's not over yet!!

Now Hillary is making claims that Trump colluded with 1000 Russians to flood facebook with fake news to steal the election.

Hillary launches astonishing conspiracy claim that Trump won the election because he 'colluded' with 1,000 Russian agents who filled Facebook with 'lies' and Twitter with 'bots'

Defeated Democrat is back on the speaking circuit, telling a Silicon Valley get-together about her election loss

* Clinton says her defeat isn't her fault as she claims Russians and 'forces in this country' were out to defeat her

* She claims 1,000 Russian agents were filling Facebook with 'lies' and the 'majority' of news on it was 'fake'

* Clinton said she was certain someone had 'colluded' so the Russians knew what fake news worked and added: 'I'm leaning towards Trump.'

* Also blamed her own party for having poor-quality voter data, claimed she was the victim of misogyny, and that she was kept off the air by TV networks

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4ilVdmY64
                                Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

And for our liberal friends who will cry about the DailyMail being biased, here is the same story from Vox:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...n-2016-excuses

Even her own side is mocking her on this!
                                Facebook? Wasn't FB caught trying to suppress conservative news in favor of the liberal variety?

Sid Blumenthal is really not good for her.
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment