Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best to leave horoscopes alone

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I have nothing further to add - it is equally clear that the Bible condemns such actions as it is that they have no scientific basis.

As far as the elderly being scammed with false hopes, I am more immediately concerned about the financial predators they face on an ongoing basis. I'm a mail carrier and deliver an awful lot of packages from the Publisher's Clearinghouse to elderly customers, which misleadingly imply they are on the verge of winning a large sum of money. I don't think the horoscopes that are printed in the newspaper daily rise to this immediate level of threat (at least from a non-spiritual perspective).
    I agree - but I also know, that one is punished by the very things through which one sins. It's no big secret about how others will take things that don't belong to them, thieving - really is a life of punishment when you think about it. Because the person or people behind it will always ante up for bigger things until they get caught at it - its more work for them who invent more ways to cheat. Even for companies, once people lose that trust its a downward spiral staircase, they will eventually lose the respect of the public and eventually, lose their revenue.

as for horoscopes - again, money can be an issue when collecting, even with the elderly - thank goodness this wasn't the issue. I've seen this thing as at its worst - especially financially when others are being mislead. Have you seen how much they charge over the phone for readings, $700.00 sometimes $800.00 or a even $1000.00. Personally, I think that hit rock bottom - especially when you hear how much they charge to listen to someone who can bring back someone who has passed away, $1500.00.
    Last edited by Marta; 05-29-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I remember several decades ago being in the supermarket. There in display was the latest issue of Astronomy magazine with a colorful photograph of Mars from the latest Voyager probes. I picked it up and was browsing through it. Just then one of our pastor's daughters happened to see me with the magazine in my hands and exclaimed, "I didn't think you believed that stuff!" I had to explain to her the difference.

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faber View Post
    I remember several decades ago being in the supermarket. There in display was the latest issue of Astronomy magazine with a colorful photograph of Mars from the latest Voyager probes. I picked it up and was browsing through it. Just then one of our pastor's daughters happened to see me with the magazine in my hands and exclaimed, "I didn't think you believed that stuff!" I had to explain to her the difference.
    Quite a bit of a difference. Amazing isn't it? and the fact that the universe is expanding!

Dark_Energy.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ark_Energy.jpg