Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Everyone who disagrees with me is an idiot and a liar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone who disagrees with me is an idiot and a liar

Given that all political discussions, and any/all discussions that have anything at all to do with politics, can be summed up with that one easy-to-remember phrase, I figured I'd make a convenient thread under which all future Civics discussions can henceforth be collected. If the owners so desire, of course; but they'd be stupid and dishonest not to.

Why listen and interact, when you can just demonize instead? Why entertain questions about what you believe, when you can just dismiss the questioner as a bigoted, dishonest fool (which you know they are because they questioned you)? It's so easy!

Like the Screwballs thread, I suggest that any and all future unoriginal, juvenile insults topics of discussion in the Civics subforum be posted in this thread, and all other Civics threads be closed or deleted.

Politics: no patience or humility required (or wanted, for that matter). Fire away, oh intolerant bigots! All are equally unwelcome.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Your viewpoint is racist, homophobic, misogynistic and common among climate change deniers.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
      Your viewpoint is racist, homophobic, misogynistic and common among climate change deniers.
      That's the spirit, idiot!

Comment

I'd like to make the claim that the earth was created in 10 days.
        That way I get to make everyone upset.
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

I wouldn't suspect someone of being an idiot if he had a valid reason for disagreeing with me.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I wouldn't suspect someone of being an idiot if he had a valid reason for disagreeing with me.
            All well and good, but there is no valid reason for disagreeing with me.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
              And his feet stink as well

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                All well and good, but there is no valid reason for disagreeing with me.
                Especially wrt the crispiness of bacon. And with that, thread won

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  And his feet stink as well
                  That was uncalled for.

I mean, some people can't help but have feet that smell like they've been soaking in a demon infested swamp.

Try to be more understanding.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

That was uncalled for.
                    Nothing is uncalled for in a political discussion.

I mean, some people can't help but have feet that smell like they've been soaking in a demon infested swamp.

Try to be more understanding.
                    Ah, much better.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment