Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

UNFCCC Accord de Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    You realize Trump is currently on an Asian tour (largest in 25 years) and has already made a few European ones? Meeting and making deals all over the world? and he has effectively defeated ISIS in less than a year?

If you are going to make false accusations, at least make an effort to make them somewhat believable.

So Tassy, if Trump finds a way to neutralize the threat to the world from North Korea, are you going to give him some props for that or just continue your nonsense?
    That's what he gets for trusting news sources that cater to low-information morons, he has no idea what's really going on in the world.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You realize Trump is currently on an Asian tour (largest in 25 years) and has already made a few European ones? Meeting and making deals all over the world?
      What deals?

“Trump is being played like a fiddle by Chinese President Xi Jinping”.

http://theweek.com/articles/692821/c...mp-like-fiddle

If you are going to make false accusations, at least make an effort to make them somewhat believable.
      My accusation in this instance was the demonstrable fact that Trump has isolated the USA from the entire world re the Paris Agreement and effectively removed American input to it...to its own detriment.

So Tassy, if Trump finds a way to neutralize the threat to the world from North Korea, are you going to give him some props for that or just continue your nonsense?
      You’re joking. Trump’s reckless posturing has brought the world closer to nuclear annihilation than it’s been since the Cold War.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        What deals?

“Trump is being played like a fiddle by Chinese President Xi Jinping”.

http://theweek.com/articles/692821/c...mp-like-fiddle

My accusation in this instance was the demonstrable fact that Trump has isolated the USA from the entire world re the Paris Agreement and effectively removed American input to it...to its own detriment.
        What detriment? How is it actually hurting us?

You’re joking. Trump’s reckless posturing has brought the world closer to nuclear annihilation than it’s been since the Cold War.
        so let's say he does neutralize North Korea. What will you say then?

Comment

What detriment? How is it actually hurting us?
          “The American people enjoy immeasurable advantages from U.S. global engagement, despite the costs”....“The source of [the USA’s] strength has always been our willingness to lead in a world darkened by danger. While not perfect, our leadership has ushered in an undeniably more prosperous, more secure, more tolerant, more peaceful world”... “This was before Trump blithely turned his back on our best shot yet at saving our planet”. I.e The Paris Agreement.

http://time.com/4820160/trump-americ...al-leadership/

so let's say he does neutralize North Korea. What will you say then?
          Well let's just wait and see if he's capable of neutralising Nth Korea, shall we...more than offering reckless threats and bombastic rhetoric.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

“The American people enjoy immeasurable advantages from U.S. global engagement, despite the costs”....“The source of [the USA’s] strength has always been our willingness to lead in a world darkened by danger. While not perfect, our leadership has ushered in an undeniably more prosperous, more secure, more tolerant, more peaceful world”... “This was before Trump blithely turned his back on our best shot yet at saving our planet”. I.e The Paris Agreement.

http://time.com/4820160/trump-americ...al-leadership/
            That is just rhetoric. How is it hurting the USA?

Well let's just wait and see if he's capable of neutralising Nth Korea, shall we...more than offering reckless threats and bombastic rhetoric.
            Are you afraid to say what you would do because you know that you will never change your mind no matter what, but still want to give the appearance of being open minded?

Comment

That is just rhetoric. How is it hurting the USA?
              Countries in the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal have agreed on the core elements to move ahead without the United States. The Paris Agreement will continue with the USA as the only country in the world not in it. In short, by Trump isolating the US from the rest of the world, he is removing the possibility of US participation in the decision-making process and being bypassed.

Are you afraid to say what you would do because you know that you will never change your mind no matter what, but still want to give the appearance of being open minded?
              I would be more than happy if the Nth Korea threat can be neutralised, but I really don't think the trading of schoolyard insults is the way to go.

Comment

Countries in the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal have agreed on the core elements to move ahead without the United States. The Paris Agreement will continue with the USA as the only country in the world not in it. In short, by Trump isolating the US from the rest of the world, he is removing the possibility of US participation in the decision-making process and being bypassed.
                1. Not being part of a useless accord does not mean the USA is not doing it's job to clean up the planet.
                2. This is one stupid thing. How does that isolate the USA from the world? That's just being overly melodramatic Tassy. There are lot's of things the USA isn't a part of. And there are lots of things the USA is a part of that Australia probably isn't. Not every country has to be party to every agreement.

So you still have not shown how it is hurting the USA.

I would be more than happy if the Nth Korea threat can be neutralised, but I really don't think the trading of schoolyard insults is the way to go.
                If Trump got China to reign in North Korea, you woudln't give Trump credit for it would you?

Comment

If Trump got China to reign in North Korea, you wouldn't give Trump credit for it would you?
                  I have observed that Trump's ideological opponents rather tend to paint him as a gullible moron. They don't seem to notice how that redounds on them.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

1. Not being part of a useless accord does not mean the USA is not doing it's job to clean up the planet.
                    2. This is one stupid thing. How does that isolate the USA from the world? That's just being overly melodramatic Tassy. There are lot's of things the USA isn't a part of. And there are lots of things the USA is a part of that Australia probably isn't. Not every country has to be party to every agreement.

So you still have not shown how it is hurting the USA.
                    I have in fact.

Withdrawing from the Paris accord and other international commitments such as the Trans-Pacific Partnership is a part of Trump’s pattern of abdication from US leadership on key global challenges. This removes the US from the world stage and will result in decreased opportunities to shape the world to the advantage of the US.

If Trump got China to reign in North Korea, you woudln't give Trump credit for it would you?
                    President Xi played Trump like a fiddle during the current Asian tour. Trump is in no position to get China to do anything.

Comment

I have in fact.

Withdrawing from the Paris accord and other international commitments such as the Trans-Pacific Partnership is a part of Trump’s pattern of abdication from US leadership on key global challenges. This removes the US from the world stage and will result in decreased opportunities to shape the world to the advantage of the US.

President Xi played Trump like a fiddle during the current Asian tour. Trump is in no position to get China to do anything.
                      Riiighhht.

Well you seem to hate Trump and the USA so if we become isolationists then we wont be bothering you guys as much. Good deal right?

Comment