Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Prayer for family. A question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer for family. A question.

I honestly do pray that my family will see the truth. That they may have hearts of flesh instead of stone.

I often wonder how I could start a dialouge with my brothers. They can both be rather trollish at times. Their theology is rather bad. They advocate subjective morality at times. How can I talk to them? How can anyone talk to them? I know it is possible. It happened to me.
    sigpic

Source: Luke 12:11-12

11 “Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say. 12 For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”

© Copyright Original Source

Pray about it, study apologetics, but don't try to imagine what you'll say; just listen to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. Humility tends to work much better than overwhelming argument.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

never give up. I didn't become a Christian till I was 40. and as I look back a lot of the reason I did was that I had some good Christians in my life. I looked up to them and their character and unconsciously I tried to be like them even while I sometimes mocked them for being "goody-two-shoes". So even if you can't reach them directly, be a good example for them. Even if they don't acknowledge it, they will be impressed by your character and integrity and associate it with being a Christian.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X