Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN and Fake News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    So the electorate puts up two candidates, one is criminally insane and the other is dangerously stupid... but I'm the bad guy because I didn't vote?
    Okay.
    Yeah, it's ridiculous.

America was like a big group of friends all trying to decide on where to go to eat, and while there were plenty of places to choose from that served actual, edible food (even if none of it was all that particularly great), the majority decided that the only two viable options for consideration should be a couple of restaurants that serve nothing but big steaming piles of fecal matter. Then they all spent forever arguing tirelessly with each other over which restaurant served piles of crap that were the least rancid.

"Carl's Craphole is better because their crap isn't as slimy!" some of them shout.

"At least Fecal Freddy's crap doesn't have big chunks of corn in it!" a bunch of them shout back.

But when some like myself decided to say "hey, you know what, I'm not gonna choose between Carl's Craphole or Fecal Freddy's because, seriously you guys, come on now," everyone else looked at us like we were the crazy ones.

Then Carl's Craphole won, everyone is now sick and vomiting from their crappy meal, and somehow it's all our fault because we didn't vote for Fecal Freddy's which would have only resulted in uncontrollable diarhea instead of nonstop vomiting, which we're told would have been so much better.

It's complete insanity.
    Last edited by CMD; 06-06-2017, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CMD View Post
      Yeah, it's ridiculous.

America was like a big group of friends all trying to decide on where to go to eat, and while there were plenty of places to choose from that served actual, edible food (even if none of it was all that particularly great), the majority decided that the only two viable options for consideration should be a couple of restaurants that serve nothing but big steaming piles of fecal matter. Then they all spent forever arguing tirelessly with each other over which restaurant served piles of crap that were the least rancid.

"Carl's Craphole is better because their crap isn't as slimy!" some of them shout.

"At least Fecal Freddy's crap doesn't have big chunks of corn in it!" a bunch of them shout back.

But when some like myself decided to say "hey, you know what, I'm not gonna choose between Carl's Craphole or Fecal Freddy's because, seriously you guys, come on now," everyone else looked at us like we were the crazy ones.

Then Carl's Craphole won, everyone is now sick and vomiting from their crappy meal, and somehow it's all our fault because we didn't vote for Fecal Freddy's which would have only resulted in uncontrollable diarhea instead of nonstop vomiting, which we're told would have been so much better.

It's complete insanity.
      Does rationalizing away your civic responsibility make you feel better about your laziness?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Does rationalizing away your civic responsibility make you feel better about your laziness?
        You read his post and came away thinking the big problem is that he was just too lazy to vote?
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

You read his post and came away thinking the big problem is that he was just too lazy to vote?
          JimL's never been confused with the sharpest tool in the shed.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Yep, thats right. Anyone can come up with an excuse for shirking their civic responsibility. Ya know, if you are going to whine and bitch about how awful your representative government is, then you actually have to be a participant. Perhaps the reason you have such lousy candidates, from your perspective, is your fault.

Comment

Yep, thats right. Anyone can come up with an excuse for shirking their civic responsibility.
              So in an election of Hilter vs. Stalin my recusal is the real problem.

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Ya know, if you are going to whine and bitch about how awful your representative government is, then you actually have to be a participant.
              Actually, I'm free to whine about it even if I don't participate.

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Perhaps the reason you have such lousy candidates, from your perspective, is your fault.
              There was a ground swell of support for Bernie Sanders.
              The DNC colluded with Hillary Clinton to sabotage his chances.

The USA isn't a democracy, it is an oligarchy.
              We don't really get to decide.
              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

I notice he didn't object to the fact that Clinton was "Fecal Freddy's" in that lovely little illustration.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

So in an election of Hilter vs. Stalin my recusal is the real problem.
                  Yep. How do you think a Hitler or a Stalin would get onto the ballot in the first place?

Actually, I'm free to whine about it even if I don't participate.
                  Yes, you are free, in a certain sense, to be irresponsible, but real freedom requires responsibility.

There was a ground swell of support for Bernie Sanders.
                  The DNC colluded with Hillary Clinton to sabotage his chances.
                  Yeah, so lets not participate at all and let the saboteurs win. Bernie almost pulled it of, without the DNC, and without big money. If voter participation were higher, he may have won.
                  The USA isn't a democracy, it is an oligarchy.
                  We don't really get to decide.
                  No, the USA is a Democracy infiltrated by oligarchs because of people not caring enough to participate.

Comment

No, the USA is a Democracy infiltrated by oligarchs because of people not caring enough to participate.
                    Ah, you make me long for my idealistic phase.

Comment

Ah, you make me long for my idealistic phase.
                      I'm probably older than you my friend, give up your ideals and you give up your self.

Comment

I'm probably older than you my friend, give up your ideals and you give up your self.
                        I'm 50.

Comment

I'm 50.
                          Well, now there is no doubt about it then.

Comment

Well, now there is no doubt about it then.
                            What do you say we leave all these kids behind and go get a bite to eat at Denny's?
                            We can play checkers and talk about when T.V shows had a plot.

Comment

Yep. How do you think a Hitler or a Stalin would get onto the ballot in the first place?
                              Historically speaking Hitler was on a ballot and was voted into office

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm 50.
                                In rodent years or human years?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment