Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Leaker Busted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    On Good Morning America, ABC's chief investigative correspondent Brian Ross reported that

"[She] told her family she would hide her real thoughts by playing the role of a pretty white cute girl who would braid her hair and cry. And prosecutors said she claimed to have actually coached her parents in the phone calls to play the sympathy card."

Similarly over on CBS This Morning they reported that

"She apparently had a phone call with her mother from jail, again, it was recorded, where she allegedly said, “Hey, mom, play the angle that I feared for my life when I got arrested” and then she allegedly said, “If I don't get bail, go nuclear with the press.”"

Meanwhile, far left actress/comedienne Rosie O'Donnell is calling her a "brave young patriot" and has contributed $1000 to her GoFundMe campaign: http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/06...eality-winner/
    woah she has $30K in her gofundme acct already. That should buy a lot of cigarettes and favors in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      She has been denied bail:

Source: Accused NSA leaker wanted to ‘burn the White House down’

A federal judge ordered a young woman charged with leaking classified U.S. documents to remain jailed until her trial after prosecutors argued Thursday she might possess more stolen government secrets.

Prosecutors also said 25-year-old Reality Winner might try to flee the U.S. if released on bond. Assistant U.S. Attorney Jennifer Solari told the judge Winner had written in a notebook: “I want to burn the White House Down … find somewhere in Kurdistan to live. Ha-ha!”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

also from that same article.

Prosecutors warned U.S. Magistrate Judge Brian Epps that Winner might have more stolen secrets. Solari said investigators have learned Winner inserted a portable hard drive in a top-secret Air Force computer before she left the military last year. She said authorities don’t know what happened to the drive or what was on it.

I don't know what country she is a patriot of but it is not America. She was a danger to America and American citizens and i"m for one am glad she is no longer a threat.

still waiting for Starlight to do his homework and come here to admit he was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
        also from that same article.

Prosecutors warned U.S. Magistrate Judge Brian Epps that Winner might have more stolen secrets. Solari said investigators have learned Winner inserted a portable hard drive in a top-secret Air Force computer before she left the military last year. She said authorities don’t know what happened to the drive or what was on it.

I don't know what country she is a patriot of but it is not America. She was a danger to America and American citizens and i"m for one am glad she is no longer a threat.

still waiting for Starlight to do his homework and come here to admit he was wrong.
        I'm sorta surprised that was even possible. Windows can be locked down to prevent that.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          I'm sorta surprised that was even possible. Windows can be locked down to prevent that.
          This Leaker may be the tip of the iceberg?

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
            This Leaker may be the tip of the iceberg?
            Meh. This leaker ain't nothing compared to, e.g., Snowden. At this point, I'm flummoxed how she managed to get the job in the first place.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Meh. This leaker ain't nothing compared to, e.g., Snowden. At this point, I'm flummoxed how she managed to get the job in the first place.
              Unfortunately, background checks are so far behind now because of budget cuts to the DoD and other Agencies under Obama, that they are having to grant clearances based on less-than-thorough investigations.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Lazy implementation usually is the culprit in these cases.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  Lazy implementation usually is the culprit in these cases.
                  It's sad that my law firm has stronger file security than a contractor with access to top secret information.

sigpic

Comment

It's sad that my law firm has stronger file security than a contractor with access to top secret information.
                    The stories I could tell you...
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

That is because when a private firm messes up people go to jail.
                      When the government messes up there are investigations until everyone forgets about the crime.
                      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                        That is because when a private firm messes up people go to jail.
                        When the government messes up there are investigations until everyone forgets about the crime.
                        Yup. That's pretty much it. We had 2 guys get caught on VIDEO stealing from our warehouse. They were warned in advance about a search of their homes, and the stolen materials mysteriously appeared the day before the search in a warehouse on post. Everything was dropped and both got PROMOTED. I kid you not. Sometimes, I hate who I work for.
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I was thinking the same thing

Comment