Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: -=| The Drama Club |=- Profitability

Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

-=| The Drama Club |=- Profitability

Greetings:

As many of you know the finances of -=| The Drama Club |=- have been in total disarray. I blame myself for letting Trout keep the books. I had no idea he was investing most of our assets in a panda smuggling scheme. As it turns out, although they're really cute they make terrible pets. The bills have been piling up and things are getting desperate. I received a death threat from our veterinarian.

In order to create a greater influx of cash I've decided to repurpose -=| The Drama Club |=- as a TWEB WikiLeaks forum.
    We'll monetize the venture by taking cash payments to not release damaging information.
    Monthly subscription plans will be available - we've already plans to add auctions later (you can outbid someone's attempt to keep the info private).

If you have information on TWEB, its staff, or its members please forward that information to me for safe keeping.

- Meh Gerbil
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Notice:
    I'd like to thank the early adopters for the influx of photos, police reports, and medical examiner's reports generated by mossrose's lost weekend in Cancun.
    While I appreciate the enthusiasm those photographs are already a part of the public domain.

Thanks.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    Greetings:

As many of you know the finances of -=| The Drama Club |=- have been in total disarray. I blame myself for letting Trout keep the books. I had no idea he was investing most of our assets in a panda smuggling scheme. As it turns out, although they're really cute they make terrible pets. The bills have been piling up and things are getting desperate. I received a death threat from our veterinarian.

In order to create a greater influx of cash I've decided to repurpose -=| The Drama Club |=- as a TWEB WikiLeaks forum.
    We'll monetize the venture by taking cash payments to not release damaging information.
    Monthly subscription plans will be available - we've already plans to add auctions later (you can outbid someone's attempt to keep the info private).

If you have information on TWEB, its staff, or its members please forward that information to me for safe keeping.

- Meh Gerbil
    It looks like you might be onto a winner at last. The idea of a deliberately leaky sanctuary is not new but I am not sure that you should advertise that particular detail of the scheme if you expect it to succeed. A bit of subterfuge is usually needed of practitioners of the ancient art of blackmail.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    It looks like you might be onto a winner at last. The idea of a deliberately leaky sanctuary is not new but I am not sure that you should advertise that particular detail of the scheme if you expect it to succeed. A bit of subterfuge is usually needed of practitioners of the ancient art of blackmail.
    WHOA there buddy, uh...nobody said anything about the big old 'B' word.

That would be illegal.
    I'm talking information management.

Look, you pay to back up your computer to OneDrive or DropBox.
    You pay those guys to keep your private information safe from prying eyes.
    -=| The Drama Club |=- is offering a very similar service.

Sheesh, way to misread my post, firstfloor.

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    WHOA there buddy, uh...nobody said anything about the big old 'B' word.

That would be illegal.
    I'm talking information management.

Look, you pay to back up your computer to OneDrive or DropBox.
    You pay those guys to keep your private information safe from prying eyes.
    -=| The Drama Club |=- is offering a very similar service.

Sheesh, way to misread my post, firstfloor.
    Yeah, I must have been reading between the lines, as they say, got the wrong end of the stick and so on. Not to worry, your secret is safe with me (for a modest commission, wink, wink).
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

6. Amen Meh Gerbil amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Gerbz, I have a photo essay of you in a compromising position with a burrito, some call girls, and a yellow balloon. How much will you pay me to allow you to store that in your vault?

Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Gerbz, I have a photo essay of you in a compromising position with a burrito, some call girls, and a yellow balloon. How much will you pay me to allow you to store that in your vault?
    We'll store that for free.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We'll store that for free.
    Yeah but I won't give it to you for free. But I will give it to the public for free if you don't pay me to store it. You can even use it in your marketing as proof of how good you can keep things secure and they will never get out!!

As a 'taste' here is one of your 'friends' who was with you during the burrito incident.

wk6expz4dxvkr9hzk7lp.gif

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I was wondering how many posts it would take before gerbil's latest scam ended up not just producing nothing but actually costing HIM money. He didn't even get to the second page.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    I was wondering how many posts it would take before gerbil's latest scam ended up not just producing nothing but actually costing HIM money. He didn't even get to the second page.
    My problem is I need some sort of enforcement... the ability to strong arm people into line.
    Any ideas?