Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Comey's testimony publicly released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Yeah it was a pretty straightforward attempt at witness intimidation. That can be added to his ever-growing list of crimes.
    Only sissies think that.

There, I said it.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      witness intimidation would be trying to get the witness to not tell the truth.
      Sounds pretty spot on. Why threaten tapes that supposedly prove a different story? The White House isn't the internet, and Trump isn't smart enough to troll.
      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• On my local 4 pm news today, Putin DID interfere with computer hacks during the campaign. He ordered it. The questions are now Why and what will this impact have? The Obama administration did little except try to plant little viruses to cease the hacking. Now what will happen. And I've only just heard this so I'm not citing and liberal or republican sources.
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• This is CNN!!!
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
            Sounds pretty spot on. Why threaten tapes that supposedly prove a different story? The White House isn't the internet, and Trump isn't smart enough to troll.
            I'm a tepid Trump supporter at best (most times, he needs to just shut his pie hole), but you're simply being asinine here. That's a pretty low bar, and he's abundantly cleared it. For evidence, recall his takedown of Ted Cruz.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Trump isn't smart enough to troll.
              Present evidence!!!
              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Only sissies think that.
                Yeah right! It takes a 'real man' to intimidate wittiness.
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

When you look at how guarded Comey's testimony was, it sure seems like Trump's bluff paid off. Do you suppose Comey's allegations might have been more definitive if he thought his testimony couldn't be challenged? Instead we got a lot of hemming and hawing and qualifications like "I assumed" or "It seemed to me" and so on.

You know, police do that sort of thing all the time when interviewing a suspect. They'll imply they have additional evidence that might contradict the suspect's testimony in order to spook the suspect into divulging more information. If that was witness intimidation then no police interview would ever be allowed in court.

In other words, Trump's tweet wasn't even close to being witness intimidation.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Trump has been using twitter to troll the MSM for well over a year.

Comment

...and Trump isn't smart enough to troll.
                      Yeah, he's not smart enough to amass a fortune, either. I think too many people allow their disdain of Trump to color their assessment of his capabilities.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        And it takes a real moron to come to the conclusion that's what I meant. You haven't changed a bit, Tazzy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Trump has been using twitter to troll the MSM for well over a year.
                          Yup! Trump's very own "fake news".
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            you intimidate wittiness with your every post.

Comment

• This is why Trump uses twitter and how he trolls the MSM:

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Yeah, he's not smart enough to amass a fortune, either. I think too many people allow their disdain of Trump to color their assessment of his capabilities.
                                It's a lot easier to amass a fortune when you take over your dad's. It's also not as if growing his fortune was done by him alone.
                                I'm not here anymore.

Comment