Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Did Trump obstruct justice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Good boy!

Stick to the RNP talking points re the Russia investigation and focus on the leaks rather than the substance of Trump's possible obstruction of justice.
    Oh, you mean like you morons focusing on the Wikileaks hack instead of the dirt it exposed on the DNC railroading Bernie, Donna Braziel feeding Hillary the CNN questions in advance, etc.? And there is no obstruction of justice. Comey said so himself.

But do keep believing the "anonymous sources". They continue to prove you don't care about actual facts as long as they sing your libturd tune.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      But do keep believing the "anonymous sources". They continue to prove you don't care about actual facts as long as they sing your libturd tune.
      Or perhaps it would be more fair to say that he reasons like the rest of us that those in the know about these matters have no other way of going to the press than as anonymous sources. "Billy Jones from the FBI told as that...." How long would the career of Billy Jones last.

Looking at Watergate I guess it is more than fair to assume that the outcome would have been fairly different if ‘DEEP THROAT’ had gone by the name of Mark Felt, second in command of the FBI.

Having said that it is true that a critical approach is fair. However writting all "anonymous sources" off as some kind of fake stuff (not saying you do that) is not being critical. It is being biased.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        It makes you wonder if the left was spooked by rumors that Trump was going to fire Mueller, so they invented this story to raise the stakes.
        You are getting better and better at thinking in the line of conspiracy theories. Keep up the good work and perhaps some day you will go by the title “conspiracy nut” as well.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
          You are getting better and better at thinking in the line of conspiracy theories. Keep up the good work and perhaps some day you will go by the title “conspiracy nut” as well.
          No, I'm just going with the fact that despite Jimmy's whooping and hollering in the thread title, nothing is official. This is all from anonymous sources, which automatically makes the information suspect. It's common sense, yo.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
            Or perhaps it would be more fair to say that he reasons like the rest of us that those in the know about these matters have no other way of going to the press than as anonymous sources. "Billy Jones from the FBI told as that...." How long would the career of Billy Jones last.
            As per Comey's testimony, they shouldn't BE going to the press. Leaking information on an active investigation is actually a crime under 18 U.S. Code § 641 at a minimum. Sometimes, even worse leaks fall under 18 U.S. Code § 798, while the worst offenses fall under The Espionage Act. Either way, Mr. Jones would be breaking the law by leaking information, so he should not leak information.

Looking at Watergate I guess it is more than fair to assume that the outcome would have been fairly different if ‘DEEP THROAT’ had gone by the name of Mark Felt, second in command of the FBI.

Having said that it is true that a critical approach is fair. However writting all "anonymous sources" off as some kind of fake stuff (not saying you do that) is not being critical. It is being biased.
            The media has been burned repeatedly on their false reports from "anonymous sources", so I like to reserve judgment until I see actual evidence, and not hearsay.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              This is the same guy who imagines we're going by "talking points".
              I'd say he is using a mirror instead of a monitor at this point.

Comment

• why we should not trust anonymous sources:

“The challenge, and I’m not picking on reporters, about writing stories about classified information is the people talking about it often don’t really know what’s going on and those of us who actually know what’s going on are not talking about it,” said Comey “And we don’t call the press and say, ‘Hey, you got that thing wrong.’ ”

Comment

• James Comey: "There have been many, many stories based on — well, lots of stuff but about Russia that are dead wrong."
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat
                    http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post450670

Comment